Need to give myself a Boost . . .

Daisyboo

Decided to try and save some pennies at the same time as giving my diet a bit of a kick up the bum and start getting the bus to work. I work about 4 miles from home and there is no shower at work so I dont think my co-workers would like me to do the full 4 miles each morning!! :p But I can leave home a bit earlier and do a 20minute walk before jumping on the bus. If the weather is nice then I can walk home too (although I will see how that plan goes!!)

So any 'get fit' vibes going spare to motivate me out of bed 45minutes earlier?!?

x

Daisy - you are probably in bed fast asleep already preparing yourself for getting up 45 mins earlier than normal! Motivation? Sounds to me like you say it all in your message, you will save money which is never a bad thing and then you will get fitter, which means smaller numbers on the scales and the tape measure..... in fact why don't you measure yourself (remember to include your thighs!), and then plan to do it again in a fortnights time to see what difference the walking makes ??

That is a great plan. A cheap and easy way to boost your fitness levels. Let us know how you get on with it

When I walk to work, I wear a cotton t-shirt and then change in to my work blouse at work (after a quick splash in the loos with a face cloth and a spritz of deoderant). I leave my suit jacket and high heels at work - have just bought some fit-flops so going to wear those. My journey to work is about 3 miles but its all uphill, gives me rosy cheeks all day!

dani, how long does 3 miles take, ive jsut discovered i live 3 miles from work and i might give walking a go if i can fathom how long it will take me to get there

When I walk to work, I wear a cotton t-shirt and then change in to my work blouse at work (after a quick splash in the loos with a face cloth and a spritz of deoderant). I leave my suit jacket and high heels at work - have just bought some fit-flops so going to wear those. My journey to work is about 3 miles but its all uphill, gives me rosy cheeks all day!
I looked at the Fit Flops online the other day. Are they any good?

what are fit - flops? x

I have some MBT trainers which work out your legs, bum and thighs while you walk. The nearest I work is 30 miles away so I use them to go for a walk in the evening or weekends mainly.

I used to occasionally walk to work, 45 minutes it took me, but i wore my hiking boots and changed into shoes at work. I felt great by the time I got there. Unfortunately I now have arthritis in my ankle and am lucky if I can manage to walk for 15 minutes

I used to occasionally walk to work, 45 minutes it took me, but i wore my hiking boots and changed into shoes at work. I felt great by the time I got there. Unfortunately I now have arthritis in my ankle and am lucky if I can manage to walk for 15 minutes
Oh no! That is terrible.

Back