Need to lose 10 stone at the very least!

I know Reading. Once nearly got stabbed at the festival :eek: when I stopped a thug beating someone up. When I think Reading, I always think - Why did they name their hospital Battle Hospital ? Although having been there on a few weekend nights it sort of makes sense :cool: Were you in that area in the mid/late 80s or are you a mere slip of a girl ? chips xx
I am 30, I wasn't born here so I don't remember it in that era. Been here like 5 years. Battle hospital was closed down and they extended the Royal Berks to make it one of those "super" hospitals. Its not a bad hospital, I know the cancer care team are very good.
hi marie i hope your now resting and feeling better now this weather is cooling a little how are you feeling today xx
A bit better. I had just changed jobs before I got ill and since I was still temp (as you have to be that first) no surprises I am being let go, they cant say the real reason but its obvious. Doctor said I was too ill for now but its upsetting to think I now have the stress of finding a new job as soon as I am better. Some group atos contacted me it appears having cancer isn't enough and I have to be "assessed" to prove I am really ill. Otherwise my sick cover wont pay out (and its hardly liveable as it is). I have always worked and the first time I had cancer I took just a few weeks off. Now I have 2 types and I being made to feel like a idiot. They already called me and asked the most insensitive questions "Is it likely I am going to die in the next 6 months"
"I would hope not"
"Right but we need to ask to see if its terminal or not"
Now I haven't been given 6 months to live or whatever. I am hoping I can beat this, but there is no guarantees and I don't know but it really upset me being made to feel like a fool. Do they think I like this and I am choosing not to work? I would love to feel better and get out there. I have paid into the system and worked hard. Now being ill has cost me not just my health but my job as well. I am gutted about it enough as it is without these people implying I am some sort of shirker. I would like them to try the treatments and see how they would feel about an "assessment".
Sorry just really annoyed.

Oh Marie, I'm so sorry to hear you're now having more problems to deal with. I've read a lot about ATOS in the press, much of it critical. Clearly there are people out there who aren't genuinely unable to work, and I agree that they need weeding out and getting off benefits, but they've surely got to be able to distinguish between them and real cases of illness like cancer. I don't know why they can't contact your doctors and ask them the insensitive questions, it's ridiculous.

I really hope you can stay positive and just concentrate on getting better. As I've said before, you're such an inspiration to me and many others on here. You've done so well to lose that massive amount of weight whilst dealing with everything else, and I know you can fight your way through this. Much love. :) xx

Wow. I am so, not just "annoyed" but blerdy furious for the way in which you are being treated. People should not have to fight like this when they are ill. ATOS are incompetent scum. Read recently that contracts are being taken off them as a very high percentage of people who appeal are successful indicting they got it wrong in the first place. Cost of tribunals should be directly deducted from their massive £ contracts. They didn't even have disabled access at some of their assessment centres and were seeing people in the car park. Says it all. I was going to suggest contacting your local MP but am amazed to see Wilson and Sharma are both Tories. Reading must have changed since my day. Never saw it as a Tory stronghold.

Is your GP/consultant supportive? I think you should try to see a benefits advisor and your CAB. Although, sorry to be political, but the Coalition decimated advice services in April this year at a time when demand due to benefit changes, debt etc are soaring. I do wish I could help. You are so brave. You and others in your situation do not deserve this. If you want to PM me, please do.
chips xxxxxx :bighug:

Thanks guys, my doctors are all really supportive and said they will back me completely. In fact they advised me to go off much sooner than I did, I was the one who wanted to work as long as possible. I was also sent a form the back page is for cancer patients so maybe this will help me.I had my consultant and GP send in notes to back my case. I haven't contact the CAB yet but that's a good idea and I will do it this week. I never have been in this position in my whole life so I don't know how it all works. I feel ashamed enough about it as it is, I want to beat this and get back to a normal life. Believe it or not I like working, I am gutted about the job anyway.

Yeah people say about contacting the MP but I don't have a chance with the 2 currently there of any help. I will just have to wait and see what they say. They are looking over my paperwork and haven't asked for an assessment yet. My consultant says there shouldn't be one at all, and I should automatically bypass it. He was like I have no idea what they are playing at. So hopefully they are wrong and it will blow over. I have been told it can be a good few weeks till I hear back so its a waiting game for now.

hi marie

my friend is in your position and can not work due to ill health she had them sending forms blah blah and she askesd for them to come out as she would not do it over the phone she also got in touch with her consultant and gp all sorted could not grovel enough i agree with chips and back her all the way aim at them who have never worked in there lifes and them who are not ill leave people like you alone who want to work who cannot due to no fault of your own

love and hugs (((((((hugs))))))))))))

I have been really naughty. I went down to 7lbs left to lose. Weigh in is Wednesday but I wont be able to so I did it today and I gained 2lbs so back to 9lbs left. I know exactly why I gained it and it wont happen again. So week Wednesday lets hope I can reverse that damage. Its so hard shifting weight now :(

xMariex said:
I have been really naughty. I went down to 7lbs left to lose. Weigh in is Wednesday but I wont be able to so I did it today and I gained 2lbs so back to 9lbs left. I know exactly why I gained it and it wont happen again. So week Wednesday lets hope I can reverse that damage. Its so hard shifting weight now :(

It certainly is! I referred to it as like wading through treacle on another post recently, lol. But seriously, don't worry in the slightest about 2lbs, it's nothing compared to your fantastic achievement to date. I put the same amount on over my birthday weekend, but it went really quickly, and now a bit more besides, so I won't be panicking as much the next time it happens! :) xx

oh Tracey, Marie i think you both are amazing and you give me so much help when i read your threads that it can be done thankyou xxxx

chezz said:
oh Tracey, Marie i think you both are amazing and you give me so much help when i read your threads that it can be done thankyou xxxx

Thanks, Chezz, that's lovely of you to say! You will definitely do it, you've got such a pisitive attitude, and you're so supportive to other people on here. :) xx

hi tracey, chezz, marie and all. Well done for hanging on in there, and as I always say to chezz, marie, 2b ? I've eaten cheeseburgers bigger than that ! Off to post on my thread, or people will think I've been abducted by aliens ! chips x

Thanks, Chezz, that's lovely of you to say! You will definitely do it, you've got such a pisitive attitude, and you're so supportive to other people on here. :) xx
hi tracey
thankyou for the kind words
it nice to see if i put the determination in and the exercise i can get to my goal one day but like you and marie said slowly does it and little goals thats what im doing this time not ones that are years away

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

hi tracey, chezz, marie and all. Well done for hanging on in there, and as I always say to chezz, marie, 2b ? I've eaten cheeseburgers bigger than that ! Off to post on my thread, or people will think I've been abducted by aliens ! chips x
thats true chips if you go missing we think your with the argos aliens lolol

Thanks ladies for your kind words and its lovely how much support we get on here. You get me through these blips.
As for you Chips you make me laugh with that comment about the burger lol.

marie your more than welcome you are always here for us when we need a shoulder to help us along xx

YOU CAN DO IT !!!!

I started Slimming World, January this year. January the 23rd to be exact. i have, since then lost 6 stone and 4 lbs. I weighed a lump of 21 stone 10.5 lbs when I weighed in. I never thought I'd ever be a healthy weight. I always thought I'd be a fatty, but I honestly see myself being thin some day now. Hopefully, not too long into the future either :D

If you ever need a chat hun, feel free to message me.
I'm always on here.

Good luuck xxxxxxx

brit well done thats fab

YOU CAN DO IT !!!!

I started Slimming World, January this year. January the 23rd to be exact. i have, since then lost 6 stone and 4 lbs. I weighed a lump of 21 stone 10.5 lbs when I weighed in. I never thought I'd ever be a healthy weight. I always thought I'd be a fatty, but I honestly see myself being thin some day now. Hopefully, not too long into the future either :D

If you ever need a chat hun, feel free to message me.
I'm always on here.

Good luuck xxxxxxx

Well done you must be very proud. Mentally I am in a rubbish place so I think I need to get my act together and keep at it. I just feel if I as much look at something I wont lose. But I will get there just have to keep at it. Thanks for the offer of chat :) A few on here have been a great support for me and I hope them. So its a good .

Hi Marie, How ya doin' :) I feel a bit like Quasimodo this morning. Now I'm not one of God's prettiest creatures on a good day ... but I have been stung by something unknown on my eye lid ! So itchy and swollen. Hey Ho. A joke - Quasi comes back from a hard days bellringing at Notre Dame. Esmeralda is reaching to get the Wok from the top of the kitchen cupboard. "Oh Esmeralda, Chinese food. My favourite" says Quasi. To which Esmeralda replies "I'm not cooking. I'm ironing your shirts" Be good. chips xx

Back