Need to lose 8-9st with a dodgy leg

Sorry mate, I've not really felt much like coming online or anything since finding out that my bad leg is probably here to stay. Everything kind of seems pointless if I can't even manage to walk 100m at a time.

Oh mate, thats terrible. Don't know what to say apart from I hope it does get better for you :( Life can be a right ******* at times.

Sorry mate, I've not really felt much like coming online or anything since finding out that my bad leg is probably here to stay. Everything kind of seems pointless if I can't even manage to walk 100m at a time.

Aw thats pretty damn awful, do you know what it is yet?

Hopefully the brilliant efforts you are doing to lose weight will help alleviate the pain and allow you to do a bit more :)

I've lost a couple of stone (but i've been a bit stuck with the same few pounds lately) and its made a great difference to me mobility wise.

Just watch you don't wreck yourself pushing too hard... I was silly and went REALLY hard at my training (not a good idea at 20 stone) and i've got severe plantar fasciitis, which is unlikely to alleviate completely even with weightloss! They don't tell you this when you join a gym..... >_>

Today was a pretty mega day for me. I managed to walk the farthest distance I've been able to walk for well over a year. It was only 2.69 miles but there was 430 feet of ascent on the route.

Little victories . . .

Today was a pretty mega day for me. I managed to walk the farthest distance I've been able to walk for well over a year. It was only 2.69 miles but there was 430 feet of ascent on the route.

Little victories . . .

Good to hear that. Sometimes it is good to push ourselves to the limit even when the medics advise us that we won't be able to do something.

Well the wheels well and truly came off the bike. I had a pretty bad experience with the leg and reverted back to my old ways so quickly it really hit me for six.

I was doing well but every time I went outside to try any form of exercise I was receiving 'good spirited' put downs from people my family know. Usually I would just shrug these off, but as you guys know on the bad days even throw away comments like these are enough to tear your confidence to shreds. I became less inclined to go outside and reverted to my previous sedentary lifestyle. I'm still not a massive eater, but my food choices went downhill. Roll on a couple of months and I've put on all the weight I lost plus some more for good measure.

I've just purchased a treadmill and hopefully this will help me avoid those instances at the gym or in the street where people stare or make their comments. You would think I'd be used to it having had the same thing since school, but obviously I had reached breaking point or something.

I'm sorry to hear the pain your leg is causing you, but well done on completing 2km. Like you say it's early days and hopefully it will get better and easier for you.

Back