Need to moan

dezzie1082

EVERY NEW DAY IS A GIFT
Had my weigh in on Tuesday....have still followed a diet even though i am starting with Exante on Sunday.

I have put on 3lbs and as usual have followed diet to the letter:cry:

I am so low....will anything work for me...feel like i am putting my head against a brick wall.

Spent all day trying to research my problem....i am 90% convinced this is all due to the Depo jab which i stopped having in September....i just can't believe it.....over 2 months of dieting to lose 6lb.

Feel like going on a massive binge....if i don't lose weight on vlcd i will be mortified.
Sorry peeps but had to get it out of my system.

Shaz x

Oh Shaz,
Many hugs coming to you. :heartpump:
I can only begin to imagine how despondant you must be feeling.
I hope you don't have a blow-out though because;
A. You will not feel good after. :cry:
B. The carb withdrawal will be all the harder come Sunday. :eek:

You know we are all rooting for you here sweetheart.

Love Myr xxx

Aww Shaz, that must be so disheartening. Hope you don't go on a binge though, as Myr says, it'll make the first few days of Exante harder. Here's hoping that Exante is the one for you. I loook forward to seeing less of you over the coming weeks.....

That's how I ended up doing Exante too Shaz, sort of.

I had been calorie-counting (1200-1500 cals per day counted rigorously) and excercising since the start of January. At the end of Jan I had managed to lose..... exactly nothing. Nil, nada, a big fat zero. :cry:

So I braced myself and stepped into this world. I sincerely hope it goes as well for you as it is doing for me. :)

Hm - the depo jab usually makes you gain weight when you go on it, not come off it. But it's an odd thing, and affects people in different ways.

Secondly, drink more water. I know, that seems to be the bloody answer to everything - I have a logical reason to this one... You may be retaining water. If so, the simplest cure is to give your body more water. if it knows it's getting a regular supply, it'll be less inclined to retain.

Right - don't panic, it'll only be a couple more lb that'll probably drop off dead easily when you start exante, giving you even more of a first week boost. ;)

Aaaaaand... relax. :)

stick with it, it will come off but yes, drink more water as this makes heaps of difference.

A binge is only a short-term high and you will feel (& weigh) worse off for it so try and focus on the bigger, longer-term picture.

Aww, I think we all understand how you feel. Stay strong and come on here to let off steam as much as you need.

I think contraceptive hormones can affect different people in different ways. I used to be on a combined pill, which was easy enough to lose weight with, in fact I lost about 20lbs following WW on that pill. Unfortunately, it gave me some killer migraines, and when I went to the doctor to explain this he shouted at me because I was overweight (I did tell him about the 20lbs loss, but he said 'Well, you're still overweight.')
So, anyway, the doctor switched me to the mini-pill, which is fabulous as I don't get periods now at all, but I found I couldn't loose weight or keep weight off, no matter how hard I tried. I said this to my doctor, and he basically called me a liar and said that I wasn't really trying to lose weight, and that studies have shown that women don't really gain weight with contraceptives, they just underestimate how many calories they eat etc.
Meanwhile, I have struggled to lose weight on the mini-pill, losing maybe half a pound a fortnight no matter how strict I am with myself, until trying Exante, which has worked wonderfully for me. Hopefully it will be the same for you!

Aww, I think we all understand how you feel. Stay strong and come on here to let off steam as much as you need.

I think contraceptive hormones can affect different people in different ways. I used to be on a combined pill, which was easy enough to lose weight with, in fact I lost about 20lbs following WW on that pill. Unfortunately, it gave me some killer migraines, and when I went to the doctor to explain this he shouted at me because I was overweight (I did tell him about the 20lbs loss, but he said 'Well, you're still overweight.')
So, anyway, the doctor switched me to the mini-pill, which is fabulous as I don't get periods now at all, but I found I couldn't loose weight or keep weight off, no matter how hard I tried. I said this to my doctor, and he basically called me a liar and said that I wasn't really trying to lose weight, and that studies have shown that women don't really gain weight with contraceptives, they just underestimate how many calories they eat etc.
Meanwhile, I have struggled to lose weight on the mini-pill, losing maybe half a pound a fortnight no matter how strict I am with myself, until trying Exante, which has worked wonderfully for me. Hopefully it will be the same for you!

that dr has no bedside manner..what a horror!

h x

A massive :thankyou: to everyone for your continued support...advice and most importantly kind words.
I have not gone on a binge thanks to you all.

Shaz x

:bliss::bliss::bliss::bliss:

Love Myr xxx

Back