need to rant ***

scojos

ok, im hacked off. just got a letter from hospital saying that my appt to see surgeon to remove my gallstones has been pushed back by 5 weeks!!
i ve called the hospital and there is nothing they can do!!!
just needed to rant!
tx

I'm really sorry to hear that hun. Being disabled I've had a lot of experience with NHS appointments and the chaos!

Lets hope it doesn't get moved again

Natt xxx

Could you ring them and say you could take a cancellation at short notice? It might work.

That's rough x

I was already in hospital being prepped when they cancelled my op. The stress made mine flare up even worse so please don't let it get to you too much xx

I had to make my own appointment online the other day for my next month's hospital visit, apparently its a do it yourself appointment system now in Norwich......what next I wonder?

Yep, first DIY appointments, next DIY opps, I think they make the appointments just so they can say they have met the targets set for them. I keep finding when I go to hospital that they are putting 6 people in one time slot so the place is heaving. My last appointment was for 9.20am and got in to see consultant at 1.32pm.:cry:When I was asking people what time their appointment was it came to light about the 6 to a time slot! B****y disgusting, and then reception had the gall to confirm it - have they no shame.

This patient choice system is a joke. You can do it online or ring. So I went online and wasn't avalible for my hospital, so I rang the number and because I'd tried online I had to wait 48 hours, that was a friday so on monday the said it had to be 2 bussiness days!

Other problem I've had is when they send the appoinment out, then get a phone call or letter about 3 weeks before the appointment saying it was cancelled because the Dr. was on holiday and ring and make another!

Back