Need to restart!

Day 4

Managed another day - you wonderful folks who manage weeks and months!. Not too bad, and I still have a shake. Good on you Sparkling for planning ahead with the bars. I've got a day out on Saturday, therefore will have to be very determined. Not sure if I'll have a chancet to post tomorrow. How is everyone doing? Any weigh ins yet? :wave_cry:

I added a meal today.
Wasn't hungry at all this weekend, ketosis seems to have finally kicked in.
But then today I was getting hungry towards the evening and I just fancied eating something, so I did WS today.
I just ate some turkey breast and some spinach, none of which would kick me out of ketosis. And as long as it's just on weekends, I'll allow myself :p

WI on Tuesday.
Anyone else had a WI yet?

Of course you can join in :)
The more the merrier!
Ah, I think I'll be around 17lbs after my next WI as well.
Usually it goes pretty slow with me if I have that little to lose.
So let's hope we can keep each other motivated!

Hi all, I have decided to get back on this diet, I am so fed up with myself as i think i am around 1st 1/2 heavier than last Xmas and work colleagues had really commented on my loss. I started back on 02/11/10 but I know i wasn't 100%, weigh in tomorrow!!!

there is more of you over here so although im restarting lighterlife 2moro (for the 3millionth time) do you mind if i post here?? i need motivation and i need it now. 4weks till my xmas night out and i wanna be at least a stone lighter. wish me luck???
i hope im in ketosis by friday xx

I'm coming back to a VLCD - after losing 5 st in 2009 on LT but due to massive stresses and worries in 2010 (that are still ongoing) have put on over half of it back - though it definitely feels like more in that my clothes dont fit so well, I have the aches and pains and swollen feet back again - so I have decided that I really really have to do something about it again.

I am caught between a rock and a hard place - stress makes me eat everything in sight but I am feeling so unhappy with myself I have to do something about it. The stresses I am under are not resolving very quickly (two of them are completely out of my control but I cannot stop worrying), and of course the over eating has only increased my depression/stress even more.

The diet is the one thing that I can actually control and due to the problems I have I have to do it sooner rather than later. So today I have started Exante and have felt quite good all day. I had forgotten about wearing out the carpet to the loo tho lol. All the old tricks are coming back, drink water, keep busy, have early nights etc etc and with luck and lots and lots of willpower and determination I will lose weight again.

Welcome Carrie and Jools :D
Good luck to both of you!

Yeah, I definitely feel your pain in going to the loo!

I'm a little scared for my WI tomorrow 'cause I never seem to lose as much weight as other people on a VLCD, even though I do everything as I should.
I think it's because I don't have that much weight to lose, but I'm still always scared for my WI's.
Guess we'll see tomorrow

Well, had my first WI in this week.
Only lost 4 lbs :cry:
Can't say I'm not a little disappointed. In the first week, that's not a whole lot!

Yes, that's true.
And I'm trying to look at it that way too. If I would lose 4lbs every week, I'd be at my target in just a matter of weeks.
Although things usually slow down from here. When I did LT last time, I generally only lost around 2lbs a week :confused:
But we won't think about that! Let's stay positive :D

Hi everyone. Been away for a few days, and unable to post. I've managed quite well. Had some fish on saturday, and couple of G&Ts (white wine is usually my downfall!). Since then I've been good. Sparkling, you're doing well, but I know how you feel. I have small losses and it does spark me to give up. My WI tomorrow. With support I'm sure we can do this, and Christmas is coming which is another incentive. Not having much to lose does make things slow up.

Thanks Mumbles!
I do always keep telling myself that as well, it just goes slower if you have less to lose. It's that way with any diet.
If I can lose 2lbs a week, I'll have reached my target by Christmas so I'm happy with that!

Just ordered a new bumper pack 'cause I'm almost out of supply.
Meaning I'm committed to sticking with it until XMas :D

As we used to say over on LT - a loss is a loss and at least you are going in the right direction :D Well done - you will soon be at goal :D

Hey, you've done well, be proud! The last bit always comes off slower. You're going in the right direction, keep it up.

dontwanttobesocurvygirl said:
As we used to say over on LT - a loss is a loss and at least you are going in the right direction :D Well done - you will soon be at goal :D

Actually, I used to lose around 2lbs a week on LT and my pharmacist always looked at me like I had cheated, 'cause I was supposed to lose at least 4lbs. They didn't consider everyone is different.

That's why I quit. I couldn't live with feeling guilty all the time, when I had done nothing wrong

Re: Re: Need to restart!

doublegalaxy said:
Hey, you've done well, be proud! The last bit always comes off slower. You're going in the right direction, keep it up.

Thanks!
Yes, I'm holding on to the fact that the last bits always come off slower. I'll aim for 2lbs a week. I always lose that so at least I can't be disappointed, and anything more is a bonus!

Hi all,
1st weigh in with 6lb off, really pleased as I was not following it 100%. I have been having a meal at dinner & had a few cheats at the weekend!! Will try again this week

4ibs. off ! - Good start for me, as I can't seem to manage it a 100% - Baby Jane, I'm glad to see that there are others in the same boat!
However, it's been a fairly good week, just one or two slips, the important thing now is to stick at it, as Sparkling says, and be satisfied with 2lbs. we'll be there by Christmas

Well done Mumbles!
4lbs is great!

I was starving yesterday! I had already eaten my bar in the morning and soup in the afternoon. But I was still starving and only had bars at work. So I decided I would have 4 that day, eat another bar at work and then my shake in the evening.
But after that bar I suddenly felt stuffed. So I still ended up having only 3.
I feel a little bad as you're only supposed to have 1 bar.
But at least it won't knock me out of ketosis and it's still only 600 calories.

Back