1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Need to start loosing again. What to change?

Discussion in 'Strugglers and Restarters' started by galathea, 22 June 2014 Social URL.

1. galathea

galathea Well-Known Member

Hi there. After a long break I am back to this site which helped me a lot to loose 2 stones before. Unfortunately, several things happened afterwards that didn't help me much to stay on track: one failed IVF and gallbladder removal surgery :( While waiting for my gallbladder surgery I had to forgo my Atkins diet as fatty food gave me stones attacks and I gained a stone back over 2 weeks :( because the only food I could actually tolerate were breads etc, fruits and veggies were bringing acid reflux...Now I need to return back on track with the weight loss to attempt my second IVF.

After gallbladder removal Atkins looks like a no option for me even though it worked for me and I will really miss it. But I was told no fat foods now. Based on my recent weight gain it does look like my body doesn't tolerate carbs and I balloon immediately. Hence, I desperately need recommendation on a new diet to follow. Unfortunately, I don't think that low calories ones are for me - I am in a demanding job and being hungry stops my brain working properly. Hence, I would prefer something more convenient like Atkins was for me before: allowing to loose weight without being starved all the time. Any recommendations?

Thank you!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. PatchworkPuss

PatchworkPuss Well-Known Member

Slimming world! Never be hungry, minimal weighing and measuring, normal healthy food. There is a low carb option if you prefer but it may just be that your body needs to acclimatise to carbs again so make sure you are drinking enough water :)

4. Bonkers

Bonkers Well-Known Member

Dukan! It's low fat and moderate carb (main carbs come from oat bran and veggies - no refined carbs at all).

Dukan allows you to eat as much as you want of the allowed foods, and the protein fills you up and gives you energy.

I have lost all my weight on Dukan and now consolidating. The first week was difficult (cutting out carbs completely) but then became so simple and now it's a breeze.

Any questions - I am happy to answer.

Hope this helps xx

5. 1goldingoap

1goldingoap Well-Known Member

i am putting on my weight again .starts of at .looseing 1/2 put on 1 .then loose again .stay the same .put on 2 .loose 1 1/2 .so i now have put back on a stone so what do i do .i am on sw.

Last edited: 22 June 2014
  6. galathea

galathea Well-Known Member

Thank you all. Unfortunately, I tried Slimming World before Atkins for 2 months and it didn't work for me at all though I followed all the rules. I liked the idea and that it allowed variety but not my cup of tea apparently.

Will need to take another look at Dukan, I recall I've chosen Atkins over Dukan before because it did seem to be more restrictive and I like my veggies. But, I guess, I don't have a choice anymore. Thank you. Will go to Dukan forum now...