Need to vent - kick in the pants.....

Hi all.

Well I am now an aunty!:) :) My sis in law gave birth to a 4lb 4oz baby girl called Bethany at 9.05am today. Mum and daughter are doing fine and dad is still shell shocked.
I'm so happy. I can't wait to see her.
I'm off out to pick up eldest from school and then we're off to raid mothercare for some "pink" presents.

TTFN
Congratulations on becoming an aunty:D

Woo hoo! Well, I went to get weighed earlier. Not really expecting much as I've been on and off for the last 2 weeks and only started back SSing with a vengance last Saturday. I would have been happy with 2 or 3lb. I was very very very happily surpised with the result of 6.5lb off since my last WI! I am over the moon!:) :) :)

And well done on the wonderful weight loss and sticking to your diet!!!:D

Every minute of feeling rough is getting me closer to goal. Every hour I manage to stick with this is another hour nearer to being a healthy weight and shape. Every day I stay on track is a day closer to proving to myself and everyone else (horrible children included) that I CAN do this. :D

And I think this should be your mantra, because like it or not I'm having it as mine, because it's sums me, and probably loads of us up nicely. That child represents a lot of people, young, old, man, woman that have passed through our lives and have had the audacity to pass judgement on us because we are fat.

I'm sorry or your daughter, I'm sorry for you. Hopefully that nasty child will see the error of his ways.

Remain positive. I was feeling really low a few minutes ago, then I read your post and read the last bit of it (the bit I've quoted) and I'm thinking, "you go girl!" "she's bloody right!" "I'm gonna get through today, because of what Mini wrote".

YOU, MINI, have inspired me just now ........

Don't lose it now, we'll do this, it's hard and it's one of the hardest battles we're ever gonna have to fight, but we'll do it.

FIght the good fight, because the harder the battle, the sweeter the victory.

Lets stay on that wagon together and keep our eyes on the prize.

Much love ...

Aww Ca-Ching! Thanks so much.
I'll definitely take you up on the support offer. I'll stay on the wagon if you will. I'm just getting rid of the "bruises" from the last time I fell off :p Seriously though, the more support I get the easier it will make this (hopefully).
My "mantra" if I have one is more succinct. Its just "it might taste good but it'll taste better at a healthy weight and without the guilt".
Its working so far. I'm about to have pack 2 of the day and then another litre. Even my usual thing about gloomy weather making me want to eat toast and soup hasn't kicked in today.:)
Anyway, go to go to sort out tea for the girls. Even managing that these days. Fingers crossed it stays this way!
Take care

Hi all
Hope you are all having a good day today. I've managed to stay on track, although I've been fighting "that Friday feeling" and the urge to munch and "treat" myself. I've been telling myself that I'll have a nice wallow in the bath later as my treat.
Anyway, I'm off to cook the girls dinner so catch you all later.

Take care

Hi everyone

I've managed to have a good day today. The only downer is that I've not drank enough water today.:( I really need to make an effort tomorrow to glug more.
Still, I'm feeling really strong and positive. I managed to go to a birthday party for a 2 year old (with all the requisite cakes/sweets/jelly/garlic bread/pizza etc) and still managed to ignore it. :D I just had a couple of cups of tea and that was all.
Then tonight I've met my new niece for the first time properly. :) :D She's been in the neonatal unit since she was born and tonight was the first time I got chance to see her in person. She is GORGEOUS! But she is so tiny. Its strange because when my 2 were born I thought that they were tiny but they seem like giants compared to Beth. She is a little star. My mum met her too, and she is totally in love with her new granddaughter. :D
Anyway, I'm off to have a choc/vanilla mix and watch Robin Hood.
Hope you all are getting on well and beating the old chatterboxes.
Take care

Hi Mary

Sounds like you've had a really fab week! Bet your glad the 'playground incident' happened now. You seem so driven it worked wonders for you. Hope you little niece is home with the family soon and that your weight loss continues to be greater than her weight gain.

Hi all

I'm off to the cinema in a bit with Cayt to see Open Season. Should be fun. I'm not even bothered about confronting the pick n mix or ice cream!
Still feeling really positive. I weighed myself again this am (I know I shouldn't really but what the hell) and according to my scales I've lost another 2lb. Thats about 10lbish in 9 days! :) I'm not taking that as "gospel" though, I'm just using it as an indicator that things are moving in the right direction. Considering its TOTM at the moment though, its fantastic. I'll use my WI total on Tuesday as my "official" weight, to update my tracker etc. Still, its all moving downwards to thats fine by me.
I've got to say though that the support I've gotten on here has been fantastic. Thanks to everyone for your thoughts and kicks in the pants when needed. It helps to keep me on track knowing that there are others fighting the same fight.
I hope everyone is having a good day.
Take care

kick in the pants - WOOO HOOOO! WI

Well, another 6 and a bit off tonight so thats 12lb ish in 2 weeks! :) :) :) Bring on the next week!

Hiya all

Haven't posted for a few days, as I've been running around after the little 'uns (my 2 and the new arrival).
I'm still on my 100% track and feeling quite proud of myself. :) I've managed to get into a pair of jeans this morning that wouldn't fit the other week. Very happy with that.:D
I'm also starting to sort myself out for my birthday break in Amsterdam next week. I'm taking my CD packs with me and am planning on staying abstinent whilst over there.
I've also decided that if I do wobble whilst there then "what happens in Amsterdam stays in Amsterdam":eek: so I won't beat myself up over it. I'll just get straight back on track when I come home.
Anyway, I've got to go to sort out a huge pile of ironing and do some tidying up now. How do I cope with such excitement?!:p
Still, could be worse, I'm back to work next week.:( :mad: NOT looking forward to that.

well done Mary so glad your doing well and are on track :D
have a fab time for your Birthday and try and stay on track
xxc

You really are super motivated at the moment well done! Enjoy your trip and remember to spend all the money you save on your holiday meals buying yourself something nice to bring back.

Dizzy x

Morning all

Well, today the weather is pants up here, and I'm stuck in waiting for the bloke to come and change over my electric meter.:( Looks like a day of waiting and clock watching for me! :mad:
Still managing to stay on track, so am feeling good about the diet in general.:) I've definitely noticed that I've a lot more energy. I feel so much better when I'm in ketosis, it almost makes me want to stay in it permanently!! :p :D
It sounds like Melissa has just woken up and is impatient to get up, so better sign off for now.:rolleyes:
Hope everyone has a good day.
Take care

Well, another successful CD day over.:) I've even managed to contend with a McDs birthday party today and haven't been tempted. I'm feeling quite pleased with myself. :D
I have to say that the abstinence thing is definitely getting easier for me. I think its might be because I "fell off the wagon" previously and I know how cr*p I felt when I did, so I don't want to go there again. Also, the loss has been so good so far I want it to carry on.
At present I'm even planning to stay abstinent when I go away to Amsterdam for my birthday next week. I had sort of decided that if I wanted to eat, I would and wouldn't be guilty about it, but now I'm thinking that I want to stay on track. I mean, I can always go back there when I'm at goal and indulge then.
Anway, I'm off to have a choc/vanilla pack combo.
Nighty nite all

Hi all

Haven't been able to post for a couple of days as I was over in sunny Amsterdam. Had a fantastic time and really enjoyed it. I'm still "in the zone" as 'im indoors says and feeling really positive. I was cheesed off earlier in the week as at my WI on Monday I stayed the same even though I'd been 100% all week. I think I' hadn't drank enough water. :( I'll just have to see how things go this week.
Anyway, I'm that positive that I'm even going to forgo having a birthday cake! I told Roy that I didn't want one, he can make me a birthday muffin with a CD pack lol

Take care

Back