Need to vent - kick in the pants.....

Well

Well the birthday is over and I'm officially in middle-age-dom! Ah well, its only a number and all that. Maybe I should use the middle age thing as a spur to keep on track?:p
Still, who cares, I had a fantastic time in Amsterdam and I've had a great day today with Roy and the kids, and my best friends came around tonight with some lovely pressies so all in all its been a good day. I'm off now to have a choc pack and catch up on some TV that I taped when I was away.

Night all

Take care

Hi folks

I haven't posted for a while because I'm back in work which means I don't get as much time to mooch on the internet as before :(
Things have been OK. I had a gain at last WI which was no big surprise as I had made a decision to "step off" the wagon for my birthday. I've gotten back on OK, apart from a little wobble yesterday. I ate a ham sandwich. Why, I don't know. It was one of those times when you have eaten something before you've even really thought about it? I was really annoyed with myself about it but I've resolved to not let it derail me. I don't think it knocked me out of ketosis (doesn't feel like it). Tonight I've been fighting the "Saturday in front of the TV" feeling. We both (me and Roy) felt like getting a take away, and I very nearly caved in but I decided that I'd feel too angry with myself if I did. So I had a large hot chocolate pack instead and that was that. I could still murder a cheeseburger and fries but I'm not going to have them. I keep thinking to myself that they will still be there when I'm at goal. I can eat them (in moderation if I've been to the gym) then but til then, they are out.
One thing I have noticed this week is that I've dropped a size in undies! That was cool. I'm now in size 16 which is fantastic. :) Also, I bumped into a friend in work who hasn't seen me for ages (about 4 months). He was really surprised when he saw me and was very complimentary about how good I look. That was a nice shot in the arm. Strangely enough, that may have prompted the ham sandwich thing though, because I've been wondering if I got a bit complacent? I'll have to watch out for that in future.
Another thing I noticed today is that the skin on my back has gone a bit loose where I've lost weight. Its not bad, but I can feel a difference. My tum is the same. Its still a jelly belly but its definitely smaller than it was. Unfortunately the boobs haven't shrunk (still about a G cup) which Roy is made up about but I'm not as fussed on :p . Hopefully they'll shrink soon as well as I don't want to topple over.
Anyway, as I've noticed the skin change etc, I'm off to the gym in work again this week. I'm aiming to go about 3 times a week and use my Yoga and Pilates DVDs at home so that I can tone up. I know I won't end up with an Angelina Jolie bod but I'm going to try to minimise any saggy skin as much as I can.
I hope everyone is doing well and hanging in there.
Take care

Hi Mary, just catching up with your week.. looks like your going well hun... dropping sizes is brilliant isn't it?? and lovely comments from those we haven't seen for ages is cool!!:)
Hope you enjoy your gym sessions.. I still haven't gotten round to going though I've been promising myself I will for ages now.. better kick myself up the proverbial and take a leaf out of your book:eek::)

Take care and have a good week:):)

love xxxx:D

Hi Mandy

Well, WI result tonight was fantastic. 6.5lb off which is brilliant. I wasn't expecting anything really, as I wobbled a bit yesterday and picked at stuff. I didn't go mad or eat rubbish, just a couple of small spuds and a bit of gravy whilst I was cooking sunday lunch, but I was annoyed with myself for doing it later.
I think it might be TOTM (due in the next day or so). I seem to always wobble at this time. I'm going to see how I go and if I'm like this during the rest of the week I'll have to consider doing AAM next month at this time. That way if I get the urge to pick at stuff I can control what I pick at.
I'm off now to download some tunes to my MP3 player (for me to listen to in the gym tomorrow).
Take care all

Woo hoo Mary

You are doing really fab.

That'll show 'um in the school playground!

Hope you enjoy the gym. Keep promising I'll go 'tomorrow' don't know why I don't. I'm sure I'd love it.

Dizzy x

Back