Needing some motivation!!

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Becca Wecca, 7 June 2010 Social URL.

1. Becca Wecca

Becca Wecca skinny minny here I come!

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Me and the OH are going to visit our families first couple of weeks in september. Mine are in Cornwall, His are in London. We live in Gloucestershire.

I have 12 weeks, I need the motivation to keep me going so I can lose as much weight as possible. I want to look my best! haha. I'm currently 12 stone 12. I'd really like it if I could get down into the 11's by then. Fingers crossed.

Is it sad that i'm thinking this far ahead? and that i'm actually bothered about looking my best, I mean afterall it's only family. But I don't want to be so fat for when we go!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Gettingthinnerbytheday

Gettingthinnerbytheday Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I think its great you are thinking so far ahead - thats the motivation you need.

I have just spent a weekend with friends & have had so so many compliments & praise for my hard work, it does feel great!! :D

Good luck - you will look amazing in 12 weeks I am sure! x

4. conlou1

conlou1 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st9lb(26.02%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    i think its good to have something to aim for as it keeps you motivated and focused on the end goal, im sure if you follow the plan and up the exercise you could lose an average of 2 pounds a week but just dont be tempted to restrict too much or youll feel deprived and miserable. a pound a week is still a good steady loss and it 12 weeks thats almost another stone which will drop you another dress size. i wish you luck and hope you reach your goal :D
    [​IMG]

5. *EB*

*EB* Gold Member

What better than to plan ahead? I think its great to think long term goals - they are just as important as short term goals!!!

I have some minigoals, and i try to do little loss plans, and then they all add up!! My next one is to lose 1.5lbs this week to get my 3 stone sticker!!!

I think seeing family is a great incentive...as they will be full of compliments about how well you look if you get into the 11's i am sure!!!

Best of luck sweetie xxx YOU CAN DO IT! xxx

Last edited: 7 June 2010
  6. moomintrolljen

moomintrolljen Will be thin god dammit!!

Start Weight:
    18st3lb
    Current Weight:
    18st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    I agree with every one above - having a goal to motivate you is sooooo helpful!
    Mine at the mo is that Im going to Ascot races in September so looking forward to buying a slightly slinkier outfit for then!!!
    Evans - I poo poo you! ;)

7. Becca Wecca

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks for your nice words everyone :D Helping motivate me already! Just having my breakfast then will do half hour on the exercise bike. I'm going to try and do some form of exercise every day. Hopefully I will lose 1lb at least each week. Would love to be a stone lighter by then! If I manage that I will totally treat myself to clothes shopping just before I go so I can look my best!

As you have all said. Goals really are a good incentive to keep you going through the tough times!

8. cocktailprincess

cocktailprincess Still rockin' it

Start Weight:
    18st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st13lb
    Lost(%):
    8st1lb(42.64%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World - On-line member
    Motivate yourself with POSITIVE thoughts - don't think "I don't want to be fat for when we go" as this is trying to motivate yourself by using negative images. People get very guilty of this, with the old fat photo on the fridge, thinking about how "fat and horrible" they look and generally beating themselves up as a way of trying to do better- this doesn't work! You (hopefully!) wouldn't say to a kid who had an exam "you are a bit thick so you better try harder" this is basically what you are doing by using negative images- mentally bullying yourself

Do what moomintrolljen did and say "I want to wear a slinkier outfit"- this helps you visualise your success and uses positivity as your goal.
    Think of yourself being in control of food, making healthy choices, looking and feeling fantastic and use these as motivators

xxxxx

*EB* likes this.
  9. teens74

teens74 Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st1lb
    Current Weight:
    16st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Is it somehting special at ascot in sept? I know nothing about racing at all lol I would like to take my mum as a treat and know as much as she would love ladies day in june it will be too busy for her

Thanks x

10. conlou1

conlou1 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st9lb(26.02%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
  11. moomintrolljen

moomintrolljen Will be thin god dammit!!

Start Weight:
    18st3lb
    Current Weight:
    18st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Its some special race on the saturday 25th - King somethings summit?( i dont know its name sorry!)
    Also its a real ale festival that weekend and have bands playing throughout the day in the band stand too!

12. Becca Wecca

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Fab post. Never really thought of it like that, but you are totally right!

I do tend to use negative thoughts for motivation, but shall try and change my thinking style!!

I must feel motivated today...Just sat on the exercise bike for an hour! :D (And actually peddled!! :p)

13. cocktailprincess

cocktailprincess Still rockin' it

Start Weight:
    18st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st13lb
    Lost(%):
    8st1lb(42.64%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World - On-line member
    FANTASTIC- you just burned off 400-500 calories. That is the equivalent of a couple of mars bars

Well done!!!!!!!!!

14. elizabeth

elizabeth Silver Member

Start Weight:
    19st1lb
    Current Weight:
    8st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    10st4lb(53.93%)
    Diet:
    No diet, just healthy eating
    Couldn't agree more. I'm a great believer in the old 'what would I say to someone else in this situation' approach. We wouldn't dream of bombarding another person with harsh criticism and negativity, but we do it to ourselves without batting an eye.

cocktailprincess likes this.
  15. teens74

teens74 Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st1lb
    Current Weight:
    16st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World

Thank you, that sounds alright to me so may try and get tickets

:)
    x

16. *EB*

*EB* Gold Member

im going to ascot in a fortnight - check us 'racing day ladies' out!!!

no idea what to wear still - will decide on the day no doubt! x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.