Nefertari's journey to lose 130lbs

Glad you survived another day at work. I won £18 on my very first bet on a footie match! Might treat myself to some S&S packs! Will pick up my winnings after I post to you.

Ooh well done!

My OH picked me up an application for Costa today. Think I'm going to apply - I could do two evenings and a Sat each week and earn more money than now. But I'd have Sundays off all the time which would be awesome. Just want something more flexible. And more enjoyable! With some benefits! I get nothing in my current job, not even enhanced bank holiday pay or employee discount. Rubbish. Not to mention they treat me like poop.

What have I got to lose, I say!

Definitely go for it! Better environment to work in too I think.

Hmmm I don't know.........I assume you mean Costa coffee......all those cakes??!! But then Sundays off would be good, exercise-wise if you could resist! May as well give it a go.

Haven't had enough water today.....in fact very little. Must sort that tomorrow. Found a better deal on my mobile -- only a fiver a month!! Hardly use the thing as I work from home so I'm always online and beside a landline. Must get out more! I want a :doggy:!! That would get me out and get me fit!

Cakes won't bother me - I have a kind of phobia of eating in public. Sticking to my diet and then resisting cakes once I'm in maintenance will be a piece of cake (if you'll pardon the pun)!

Day 10! I'm in double digits! I feel much better this morning. My skin looks great too which is a miracle considering it's that TOTM.

Today's menu is

Breakfast: Exante vanilla shake
Lunch: Tesco Ultraslim chocolate bar
Dinner: Exante chocolate shake

I actually find myself looking forward to my packs, not because of hunger (because I'm not hungry at all) but because I see them as stepping stones to my next WI. Even when my OH has his evening meal, I don't find myself jealous or drooling over his plate. I can appreciate that it looks nice but that's it. I don't WANT it. I want my pack.

I don't think I've ever felt like this in all my time of doing these diets!

Gagging on my Exante vanilla shake now! I used to like that one! I can't wait until I've exhausted my supplies and I can just have S&S shakes. Sooooo much nicer. I'm just going to stick to Exante shakes and then I'll have all my S&S ones left for the last week and a half of this 4 week period. I'm halfway through Week 2 already so only a full week of Exante left really!

You really are amazing when you are in zone. I don't know how you do it -- Sole Sourcing is hard enough without doing it with shakes you no longer even like!! Got a phone call at 3pm and then I will go out and collect my £18 winnings (!!!) and post you: 2 S&S Chilli, 1 S&S porridge, I think I put 1 S&S chocolate crispy shake in there for you to try and 1 S&S Trufato bar!

I can't stand vanilla either. I have to add coffee to be able to have the S&S one even.

I could probably send you a couple of packs too. Got a few that I'm not keen on but that you might like!

Aww, that would be great Caroline, if you don't mind? Another friend is sending me macaroni cheese and some other flavours to try, can't remember which! I'm not going to bother with the tomato chilli as not sure I'll like it. Or the curry. xx

Day 10

So, Day 10 has been uneventful. Have felt quite dizzy on and off but think that's TOTM - hoping I feel better tomorrow as I'm back at uni.

Debating having a S&S spaghetti tonight but it gave me acid indigestion on Saturday night - think I should have it at lunchtimes instead of late. Will have one on Wednesday when I come home at lunchtime instead. Exante chocolate shake tonight :sigh: Even gone off those now! But they are better than the other Exante shakes.

I've been watching Biggest Loser all day - I'm starting exercise this week and it's motivated me a lot. Got a bike ride planned and a long walk, both with my OH - can't wait!

The scales had started moving again this morning - 1.25lbs off so far this week which is great after just two days. I'm hoping for at least 3lbs this week but any loss is a good loss.

They're discontinuing the tomato chili anyway! No loss to me, it's ok but I'm not a major fan. The curry is ok, not my favourite but makes a nice change sometimes. Aaron loves it!

Don't like the sound of these dizzy spells at all. Keep an eye on that and make sure you drink your 2 litres. And you get acid indigestion? Heck! The chilli is not hot or spicy. It's just like the spag bol with little bits of kidney bean instead of spaghetti. It's more the smell that I went off. Don't know why I have become some sensitive to smell this time around! Funny that! Happy enough with CD strawberry shakes, malt toffee bar for lunch and the Original porridge (with a spoonful of S&S Chocolate Crispy shake powder, yum!) for now but thinking I might give the S&S macaroni cheese another try and get some more spag bols and praline bars. One thing about economising with the 5 a day programme is that I bet they will only let you order one bar per day! Think I would rather order two weeks of the 3 a day so I can order more bars. Might get a couple cottage pie packs as well, I tried that and it was OK, very different from the spag bol.

Went for a swim, sauna and jaccuzzi and walked home so that started the exercise ball rolling. Got a free pilates dvd with the paper yesterday so will give that a try tomorrow. If it's no good I will go back to my other pilates dvd which I think is excellent -- you can really feel the difference within days. Convinced that water and a bit fo exercise make a difference.

You can only order 28 bars as part of the pack, they're more expensive for them to produce anyway. But you can add extra ones to your order, 7 for £10ish. That's what I'm doing on Thursday.

What is Pilates exactly?

Didn't think about the bars thing. Can't afford the £150 up front for the big pack so will just get the 4 week pack to begin with.

Never had kidney beans - not sure if I would like them or not :confused:

My friend is sending me choc shakes, porridges, a chilli and a raspberry to try.

Never had kidney beans??? You need to get out more lol! They're just like baked beans really but without the tomato sauce.

A raspberry shake sounds interesting. I wonder what that would be like mixed half with a half chocolate?

Pilates is bascially floor exercises that really work your stomach muscles. They are slow and small repetitive movements rather than jumping around burning off calories. I got this dvd offa amazon for a fiver and really think it is great -- called Blast Off Belly fat 5x10 minute workouts to trim, firm and flatten your midsection. I loove it. Love the way you can feel your stomach muscles the next day after the first session!

Back