Nefertari's journey to lose 130lbs

Oooh that's exciting!! :D

I also wanted to do a PhD after my MA, but unfortunately did not know the procedure and was daunted as to how to even go about applying for one? I still really want to do it though. I think I'll give it some serious thought it a few years time, it is never too late to go back into education. :)

Re: Nefertari's Slim and Save journey to lose 130lbs

You've done so amazingly! Well done :)

Oooh that's exciting!! :D

I also wanted to do a PhD after my MA, but unfortunately did not know the procedure and was daunted as to how to even go about applying for one? I still really want to do it though. I think I'll give it some serious thought it a few years time, it is never too late to go back into education. :)

You have to have a topic that you want to study and you usually have to have researched it a fair bit. Then you apply and include a research proposal. It was hard work! X

You have to have a topic that you want to study and you usually have to have researched it a fair bit. Then you apply and include a research proposal. It was hard work! X

Definitely is hard work, I remember how tough the MA was. I do actually have a topic in mind, which I've done a fair bit of research on. :) I was just confused with the whole process and where to do it and how to apply for funding and the like. But that's down to me taking the plunge and self-confidence sort of thing, rather than anything else. :D

Now I need to go look up that tankini, you have great taste!

:)

Definitely is hard work, I remember how tough the MA was. I do actually have a topic in mind, which I've done a fair bit of research on. :) I was just confused with the whole process and where to do it and how to apply for funding and the like. But that's down to me taking the plunge and self-confidence sort of thing, rather than anything else. :D

Now I need to go look up that tankini, you have great taste!

:)

My MA has absolutely worn me out so far and I still have my dissertation to do!

Not sure about having great taste - my wardrobe is a state at the moment haha! X

I haven't even started my MA work, oops!

Well my first day of 'refeed' went well. Had a shake for breakfast, a bar for lunch, and then for dinner I had a salmon fillet with salad (including beetroot), low kcal coleslaw, and a small amount of couscous followed by sugar free jelly and light evaporated milk. It was scrumptious but I felt so full and today I feel a little bloated which I expect is the carbs but I'm still the same on the scales so this is a good sign so far! :D

Ooh sounds lovely, not long until you are away! Countdown!

Ooh sounds lovely, not long until you are away! Countdown!

This time next week, I'll be flying over Egypt just about to land at Cairo airport! :bliss:

Day three of my 'refeed' and this morning the scales are showing a 2lb gain which is pretty good in my opinion! I'm not fussed about it as I know I will gain water/glycogen. I'm only hopping on the scales each day to keep track of it. Plus, I know that when I come back and get back on the diet, it will come shooting off again :D

I had tuna steak lat night too, it's lovely isn't it?! 2lb is good after 3 days, could easily have been 5lb overnight!

You really are doing the right thing with the refeed. That really will minimise the gain. I reckon you will come from Egypt with a loss, I did. So hot there and you will drink gallons of water. In fact, I'll bet a Cambridge Chocolate Mint shake on it! :D

You really are doing the right thing with the refeed. That really will minimise the gain. I reckon you will come from Egypt with a loss, I did. So hot there and you will drink gallons of water. In fact, I'll bet a Cambridge Chocolate Mint shake on it! :D

Thanks F! I'm not sure about a loss but I can't imagine I'll have time to eat much - such a full itinerary! This time next week, I'll have watched the sound and light show and will be heading for bed I reckon! Very early flight that morning so I'll be shattered!

Just had my dinner - chicken with the usual salad. Cut the couscous down from 50g (dry) to 25g as 50g was seeming like masses! I never thought I'd see the day where I actually wanted to eat a smaller portion of carbs! My plate was probably 60% salad, 25% protein, 15% carbs. I could happily eat that way forever! :D

Nefertari's Slim and Save journey to lose 130lbs

Doing great Hun! Very impressive! I am very envious of your trip to Egypt. I miss it! :(
I'm paying attention to your refeed progress as well as I will start a quick one next week before I go away. Any tips are welcome :)

Have a good weekend xx

Doing great Hun! Very impressive! I am very envious of your trip to Egypt. I miss it! :(
I'm paying attention to your refeed progress as well as I will start a quick one next week before I go away. Any tips are welcome :)

Have a good weekend xx

I've been keeping my carbs under 100g and drinking lots of water. That's seems to be working okay! :D x

Back