Nefertari's journey to lose 130lbs

Definitely going to have to try it now. Might order a few and some praline bars too.
It's great that you are signing up for the next round of weight-loss. Really feel you're going to do it. You'll be in the 14's by August, no problem.:D

It's great that you are signing up for the next round of weight-loss. Really feel you're going to do it. You'll be in the 14's by August, no problem.:D

I really hope so. I still feel so fat :(

You've come very far already. Exercise really helps make you feel better about yourself. You will be amazed at how much more you can do than you could a stone ago, just that you are walking faster.

Yes, I plan on getting out on the bike as much as I can now I'm back.

I have a job interview on Thursday for a full time bank job. Really hoping that I get it as where I am is now unbearable. The pay is excellent too so that could fund many trips to Egypt! :D

Best of luck with that! I could see you working in a bank, don't know why, think you would enjoy it more than a shop. That's got to be a sign that you'll get it.:D Think positive. Visualise yourself behind that desk/counter!

Re: Nefertari's Slim and Save journey to lose 130lbs

Fingers crossed for the interview hunny

You've come so far your doing grand xx

I'm the other way round. Find it harder in winter than summer. When it's hot I don't feel the need to eat much and quite enjoy my strawberry shake for breakfast in the garden. Not long now, just keep thinking of great you'll look for Palma!

Last edited:
Re: Nefertari's Slim and Save journey to lose 130lbs

I'm like Frances too, I find it harder in winter. Seem to want to stock up on fat for the long hard winter ahead! But then summers have BBQs and beer gardens so they make it tricky too!

I think it's all part and parcel of the post-holiday blues - plus we all know how hard it is to stay on track as you get closer to goal. Seeing that I'm only just over halfway is so daunting! I think I'll be okay once I'm back into ketosis...

Just be thankful Christmas isn't in the summer!:D Hardest dieting challenge of the lot!
Think Palma!When do you go?

I'm never that fussed with Christmas food to be honest. I'm craving falafel and flatbread and baba ghanoush!

We go in just under 16 weeks. Not that I'm counting down! We have time off in 7 weeks too so will probably go camping or something. At least you can BBQ on plan!

Had to Google baba ghanoush! Glad you tried falafel. You'll be at target by Christmas and you can have falafel, flatbread and baba ghanoush for your Christmas dinner :D

Been for a 10k bike ride today. I did it yesterday too so it was really hard today! Going again on Friday. Aiming for 2-3 times a week.

Have gone back to three packs and protein - complete abstinence is just not happening for me! Am just 4lbs up from my pre-holiday weight now so hoping that will be gone and a bit more by Sat WI!

I've been thinking a lot about what I should do diet-wise as I feel so fed-up with this diet. I've decided that after my two weeks' supply is used up, I'm going to do my own thing:

Breakfast: shake/porridge
Lunch: bar/meal pack
Dinner: low carb meal (e.g. fish/chicken with couscous and salad followed by sugar free jelly).

This is about 750kcals a day and only 63g of carbs. It's not far removed from S&S Lifestyle except for a few additional carbs. I'll still have good losses but can enjoy a balanced meal in the evenings. I don't care about not eating real food until the evenings so I think this will work for me.

For me now, it's about the long-term and I still have to lose the amount I've already lost which seems so daunting - I'd rather lose the rest in a more manageable way. I'd be happy with 2lbs a week now as I'd still get to goal by my graduation in January which is my ultimate aim. I'm exercising now too so I might even lose more.

I feel really positive about this decision and I've been working out numbers on my spreadsheet - if I lose 2lbs a week, I'll hit 1lb below my lowest ever adult weight the week I go to Palma. That's plenty good enough for me! I felt AMAZING at 14'11 (my lowest adult weight) so I imagine I will feel even more amazing at 14'10! Having said that, I might surprise myself and lose more than 2lbs a week. Only time will tell...

Right. Have pulled myself together! I think it was the going into ketosis process that was making me feel cheesed off. I've just ordered a full month's worth of the diet and I am going to carry on!

I could be 14st by the end of July if I have a whoosh this week - this means I could be at my goal of 12st for Palma at the end of September. I HAVE to do this. I can't let the niggles get to me. I feel positively full of mojo today so let's do this! I've come too far to start mucking about. By the end of June, I want to be as close to 15st as possible!

Last edited:
I'm glad you've changed your mind. Doing your own thing seems to start with the best of intentions but losing the weight is so slow that everyone loses their way with it. Get a chunk more weight of with S&S and then play around with what to eat to maintain it. Well, that's my opinion anyway x

I'm glad you've changed your mind. Doing your own thing seems to start with the best of intentions but losing the weight is so slow that everyone loses their way with it. Get a chunk more weight of with S&S and then play around with what to eat to maintain it. Well, that's my opinion anyway x

Thanks hun. You're right. I have never managed to continue losing weight in the long term by 'doing my own thing'. I need to get closer to goal before I can think about eating real food again. I'm not ready yet, not by a long shot! Although a friend insisted on treating me for lunch today and I didn't have any packs with me so I had a Tesco tuna nicoise salad and left the potato, tomato and dressing - it was 170kcals for the whole thing and only 8.6g carbs so by taking out the extras, I think I made a very good choice! x

Back