Nefertari's journey to lose 130lbs

3lbs off this week. Pretty pleased with that as I'm over the 5st off mark now, yay! :bliss:

Trying to stay positive about jobs - I know something will come up soon enough. I applied for three more on Friday so fingers crossed!

5 weeks until our next holiday - only camping in Snowdonia this time but we're planning on climbing Snowdon! I want to be in the 15s by then. Only 4lbs to go so I can definitely do it. I'd like to be down below 15'7 if I can, so that's 11lbs. Easy!

Very quiet around here again!

I've been madly applying for jobs again - something will come up, I'm sure. I just have to be patient.

Wedding plans are in full swing - photographer is sorted and I'm looking into somewhere to have a quick champagne/cake reception as we don't want a traditional huge reception. We fly from Heathrow around 5pm for our honeymoon so we don't have masses of time anyway. We are very much a no fuss couple!

In terms of the diet, I've changed things up this week and I'm doing two packs plus a low carb meal. So far, no change on the scales which is great as I was expecting a gain as I changed over. The plan is to move to calorie counting and still keeping carbs low. I want to maintain a steady weight loss of 2lbs a week if I can. I'd be at goal by graduation in January and then I could work on maintaining up until the wedding next July.

The reason I've changed over is because I now feel ready to address my relationship with food and I can't do that while I'm following a VLCD and avoiding food except for the odd bit of protein.

I'm at a weight where I feel good but I want to be smaller so the motivation is still there. Last time I tried to switch to CCing, I was nearly at goal and the motivation just wasn't there so I didn't focus and gained it all back.

Anyway, I'll let you know the result on WI day! :D xx

Very quiet around here again!

I've been madly applying for jobs again - something will come up, I'm sure. I just have to be patient.

Wedding plans are in full swing - photographer is sorted and I'm looking into somewhere to have a quick champagne/cake reception as we don't want a traditional huge reception. We fly from Heathrow around 5pm for our honeymoon so we don't have masses of time anyway. We are very much a no fuss couple!

In terms of the diet, I've changed things up this week and I'm doing two packs plus a low carb meal. So far, no change on the scales which is great as I was expecting a gain as I changed over. The plan is to move to calorie counting and still keeping carbs low. I want to maintain a steady weight loss of 2lbs a week if I can. I'd be at goal by graduation in January and then I could work on maintaining up until the wedding next July.

The reason I've changed over is because I now feel ready to address my relationship with food and I can't do that while I'm following a VLCD and avoiding food except for the odd bit of protein.

I'm at a weight where I feel good but I want to be smaller so the motivation is still there. Last time I tried to switch to CCing, I was nearly at goal and the motivation just wasn't there so I didn't focus and gained it all back.

Anyway, I'll let you know the result on WI day! :D xx

I'll be following you to see how you get on. I've still got a long way to go weight wise so feel I need to lose more before I bring back real food everyday. Saying that though I had fri, sat & sun off, not a pack in sight, I stuck to protein and green salad but weighed nothing just ate what I wanted and enjoyed every minute of it! I'm going to London for 4 nights next week so it was a bit of a trial run for that combined with several birthday meals. Got back on 4 packs pretty easily yesterday so hope there's not too much damage done. Should have weighed this morning but scales are flat so it'll be tomorrow which is no bad thing!
When the right job for you comes along you'll get it. I'm a big believer in everything happening for a reason and the reason you didn't get the other jobs is because they weren't right for you. You'll realise that when you start the one you get.
The wedding plans sound great, such an exciting time for you x

I'll be following you to see how you get on. I've still got a long way to go weight wise so feel I need to lose more before I bring back real food everyday. Saying that though I had fri, sat & sun off, not a pack in sight, I stuck to protein and green salad but weighed nothing just ate what I wanted and enjoyed every minute of it! I'm going to London for 4 nights next week so it was a bit of a trial run for that combined with several birthday meals. Got back on 4 packs pretty easily yesterday so hope there's not too much damage done. Should have weighed this morning but scales are flat so it'll be tomorrow which is no bad thing!
When the right job for you comes along you'll get it. I'm a big believer in everything happening for a reason and the reason you didn't get the other jobs is because they weren't right for you. You'll realise that when you start the one you get.
The wedding plans sound great, such an exciting time for you x

Thanks Hun! And well done on making those good food choices! Xx

Been away, back now. If you find yourself a little hungry with the switch I would maybe recommend 3 packs and a meal -- rather than risking over eating for now just. It would make it a little more gradual I think.
Wedding plans sound fab, what time would you have to leave to get to Heathrow? How much time will you have? Love the idea of being whisked off on honeymoon on the day -- my family stayed up here for the week so we felt we couldn't go away until they had gone home and we went off to Arran, where we first met.
Good luck with the job hunting.

Been away, back now. If you find yourself a little hungry with the switch I would maybe recommend 3 packs and a meal -- rather than risking over eating for now just. It would make it a little more gradual I think.
Wedding plans sound fab, what time would you have to leave to get to Heathrow? How much time will you have? Love the idea of being whisked off on honeymoon on the day -- my family stayed up here for the week so we felt we couldn't go away until they had gone home and we went off to Arran, where we first met.
Good luck with the job hunting.

I must admit I have had three packs on the days my OH has been working late.

We'll have to leave about 1.30pm for Heathrow. The wedding is 9.45-10.30am then photos until 11.30am. So looking at booking somewhere just for two hours. Enough for a glass of something and a bit of cake. I'm waiting on a reply from a little place. Hoping it won't cost an arm and a leg because if it does, we'll just do ceremony only and head straight off after saying our thank yous!

Went out to eat last night and had a mixed grill. It was yummy! I'd have normally have a burger so I'm proud of myself for making a better choice :D My new plan is going well and I'm only up by 1/2lb which is good because it means I haven't gained loads of glycogen and water weight!

Well done! I usually stick to a chicken salad or tandoori chicken when I am eating out and avoid red meat but well done on resisting a burger which would have knocked you out. You are so lucky you are not tempted by a glass of wine when out!:p

Well done! I usually stick to a chicken salad or tandoori chicken when I am eating out and avoid red meat but well done on resisting a burger which would have knocked you out. You are so lucky you are not tempted by a glass of wine when out!:p

I don't drink really - a very rare beer in the sun abroad but that's it! X

I must admit I have had three packs on the days my OH has been working late.

We'll have to leave about 1.30pm for Heathrow. The wedding is 9.45-10.30am then photos until 11.30am. So looking at booking somewhere just for two hours. Enough for a glass of something and a bit of cake. I'm waiting on a reply from a little place. Hoping it won't cost an arm and a leg because if it does, we'll just do ceremony only and head straight off after saying our thank yous!

Don't say it's for a wedding, just a family party. Read the other day venues stick the price up when they know it's a wedding.

Back