Nefertari's journey to lose 130lbs

Sounds lush! I am told there isn't much to see on that part of the Nile anyway. You will have such a great time I am sure, all those temples and the Valley of the Kings/Queens. It really is magical. When will you go? Sept might be a bit cooler than Aug and I remember being told Oct is the perfect month to go.

Congratulations on finally having your wedding date set, your man sounds absolutely lovely!

Also well done on losing all the holiday weight and more! Very impressive! You're inspirational as you came back and jumped right back on the dieting wagon. :) It takes a lot of willpower to do that!

Loved the camel and pyramid pictures too!! You look beautiful! :D

x

When will you go? Sept might be a bit cooler than Aug and I remember being told Oct is the perfect month to go.

We'll be going on 30th July so it will be hot but we have air-conditioned transport for the whole tour. The itinerary is AMAZING! The guy we used before has really pulled out all of the stops to make sure that we have the best time and see so many things! I'm so excited! :bliss:

Congratulations on finally having your wedding date set, your man sounds absolutely lovely!

Also well done on losing all the holiday weight and more! Very impressive! You're inspirational as you came back and jumped right back on the dieting wagon. :) It takes a lot of willpower to do that!

Loved the camel and pyramid pictures too!! You look beautiful! :D

x

Thank you lovely! I am lucky to have such a wonderful man - he really looks after me and spoils me rotten!

It has been hard to get back on plan but I have the wedding to focus on now and I would love to be a size 12! Must keep going! :D xx

Chosen the kind of wedding dress that I want:
image-612619219.jpg

Really want simple, classy and elegant. Plus I love the Grecian type dress.

Diet is still going well although I still can't shake the feeling of being fed-up with it. If I lose 2lbs this week, I'll hit my 5st off so that might pull me out of the funk! Fingers crossed!

Beautiful wedding dress. Where are you getting married? x

Back home in Norfolk in a registry office. It's a really nice old building though. With a lovely garden for photos. So exciting! X

I got married on my birthday at the end of last year after 13 years together and being engaged for 11 and a half of them. I love the photos we had done but couldn't stick to a diet then so would have liked to be slimmer. Loads of time for you to get just where you want to be weight wise x

Beautiful dress, very elegant. I'm sure you'll look absolutely stunning in it. :)

And congratulations on another win! You're on a roll! :D I know what you mean about being slightly fed up with diet, with the summer here and the slow losses... but it's going in the right direction and it won't go much quicker on any other diet.. and this isn't so bad is it? Plus second/third weeks back after a holiday are pretty tough because the motivation on a second re-start is harder to keep up.

You're doing really well :) Keep reminding yourself of your goals and focus on the small ones! Small steps! :)

x

I got married on my birthday at the end of last year after 13 years together and being engaged for 11 and a half of them. I love the photos we had done but couldn't stick to a diet then so would have liked to be slimmer. Loads of time for you to get just where you want to be weight wise x

I was dreading getting married and still being fat because I didn't want to look back at the photos and them be marred by the fact that I hate the way I looked. This time I know that I'm going to be slim and I'm going to feel great and I'll be proud of those pictures when I look back on them in 10 years time xx

Beautiful dress, very elegant. I'm sure you'll look absolutely stunning in it. :)

And congratulations on another win! You're on a roll! :D I know what you mean about being slightly fed up with diet, with the summer here and the slow losses... but it's going in the right direction and it won't go much quicker on any other diet.. and this isn't so bad is it? Plus second/third weeks back after a holiday are pretty tough because the motivation on a second re-start is harder to keep up.

You're doing really well :) Keep reminding yourself of your goals and focus on the small ones! Small steps! :)

x

Thank you hun. I'm glad it's not just me that's feeling this way. I just get so sick of it being so restrictive. Friends invite me out to lunch and I feel like I can't go because I don't want to sit there and just eat a bar. Most of them don't know that I'm doing a VLCD. Plus the urgency just isn't there for me any more. Before I was losing weight for Egypt and I didn't have very long to do it. Now that I've been, I just have to focus on the wedding. And I have plenty of time. I only need to lose 2 pounds a week and I'll be at goal by graduation in January leaving me six months for maintenance before the wedding. I really would love to be maintaining by the time I get married. I don't really want to be in a position where I feel like I can't manage my weight xx

Scales have finally moved this week! :D Only 1lb down so far but I still have 3 days until WI. I had to have a peek as I'm keen to see how my post-holiday losses are going. Now I know I'm definitely on the down, I'm happy to keep off the scales.

Still no news on the job-front. I'm dying to know I've at least got A job. I just want to know that we can start saving for the wedding and honeymoon. We've planned our savings to make sure we can afford it but it's dependent on me getting a full-time job on at least minimum wage by September. Still a long time to go but if I got one now, it would certainly set my mind at rest! The one I have the interview for doesn't start until September which is great because I could just focus on my dissertation until then. Although if I get the bank job, I will still have plenty of time each week to get it done so not a problem. I just want to know!

Good luck :)

Well, surprise surprise - I didn't get the job.

I'm gutted. She said I gave a really good interview and that she'll welcome an application from me if any other vacancies arise. Apparently it was really hard for them to choose.

It's positive in a way but I'm so sick of this though... :(

Back