Nefertari's journey to lose 130lbs

Well, Fridays do always come before Saturdays! Much better!
Is that you in the 15's now? Well done!:talk017:

Not quite - I'm 16'1. Very close! I think the reason I dropped to 16'0 was that the day before I was ill and only had a shake, a bar, and some jelly! Yesterday, I was back to normal so I'm guessing that's where the extra 1lb back on came from.

I'll hit those 15s next week, fingers crossed!!!

Re: Nefertari's Slim and Save journey to lose 130lbs

That's a great loss, well done :)

It's good! Had a weekend where we've been busy and out and still stayed on plan, took strawberries into the theatre while Aaron had a fresh, still warm white chocolate cookie lol wasn't even slightly bothered actually. What kind of plan are you following atm?

It's good! Had a weekend where we've been busy and out and still stayed on plan, took strawberries into the theatre while Aaron had a fresh, still warm white chocolate cookie lol wasn't even slightly bothered actually. What kind of plan are you following atm?

Just calorie counting - 1,200kcals a day but still using S&S packs for two meals a day at the moment. Going to cut down to 1, then cut them out completely x

How are you finding that?

What about selling your packs and just doing SW then?

What about selling your packs and just doing SW then?

I'm considering it! I want to do a bit of research first though - working out SW friendly breakfasts and lunches (where I struggle), doing a week's meal plan and budgeting it all. I can't do much until payday anyway but I'm going to look into it this week :)

Breakfasts and lunches is where I most struggle too but have really enjoyed them so far. I'm starting a photo diary of all my meals on Instagram if you want the link?

What do you mean by struggle? Do you mean you have trouble coming up with ideas of things you fancy having or that you tend to skip or make unhealthy choices at breakfast and lunch? For me, having porridge or an egg for breakfast and salad for lunch would be the easy bit, it's eating out, wine, and avoiding cakes and chocolate that I would struggle with -- more getting through the evening than the day time choices.

I struggle to find quick and easy breakfast and lunch recipes that don't end up getting repetitive and boring. I think it's about being organised though really. Last Sunday I did 4 jacket potatoes, 1 for my dinner that evening and 3 that went in the fridge and got reheated at work with different toppings. Today I've made extra of the jambalaya so that I have some for lunch tomorrow. Tomorrow I'll have pasta for dinner and will again make extra pasta and make into a couple of different pastas like tuna and sweetcorn, tomato and veg etc. I bought a book called something like 100 extra easy days for £3.50, it has 100 breakfast, lunch and dinner ideas in it and I've got loads of good ideas from it. I find that planning out my week helps in terms of shopping and not wasting food but also knowing when I need to cook extra the night before and stuff. Do you have a local market? They're much cheaper for fruit and veg usually, I went on Thursday and bought a big bowl of bananas for 1 pound and a punnet of strawberries for 69p, that would have cost me around 5 pound in a supermarket. Plus loads of veg, saved a fortune!

What do you mean by struggle? Do you mean you have trouble coming up with ideas of things you fancy having or that you tend to skip or make unhealthy choices at breakfast and lunch? For me, having porridge or an egg for breakfast and salad for lunch would be the easy bit, it's eating out, wine, and avoiding cakes and chocolate that I would struggle with -- more getting through the evening than the day time choices.

I'd tend to skip. I don't eat out often so that's not an issue for me really. And I don't really drink.

I just can't come up with lunch ideas. I have salads for dinner so don't really want salad for lunch too. I always end up using my Hex B choices on breakfast (low kcal cereal or toast) and then I'm stuck for lunch!

I struggle to find quick and easy breakfast and lunch recipes that don't end up getting repetitive and boring. I think it's about being organised though really. Last Sunday I did 4 jacket potatoes, 1 for my dinner that evening and 3 that went in the fridge and got reheated at work with different toppings. Today I've made extra of the jambalaya so that I have some for lunch tomorrow. Tomorrow I'll have pasta for dinner and will again make extra pasta and make into a couple of different pastas like tuna and sweetcorn, tomato and veg etc. I bought a book called something like 100 extra easy days for £3.50, it has 100 breakfast, lunch and dinner ideas in it and I've got loads of good ideas from it. I find that planning out my week helps in terms of shopping and not wasting food but also knowing when I need to cook extra the night before and stuff. Do you have a local market? They're much cheaper for fruit and veg usually, I went on Thursday and bought a big bowl of bananas for 1 pound and a punnet of strawberries for 69p, that would have cost me around 5 pound in a supermarket. Plus loads of veg, saved a fortune!

That book sounds fab! We always get our fruit and veg from the market - it's so much cheaper and much better quality!

I've never been one for making extra and fridging it. I just don't think of doing it! I'm going to have to start because it would cut my portion sizes down too!

Back