Negative comments

Daniellebaby15

Hi all

When I started lipotrim (I am now in 3rd week) I never felt better as was best decision I have ever made.

On Monday was my second weigh in and I had lost -12lbs to say I was happy was a understatement! :woohoo:

It took a week to explain to mum and dad that this is a good diet and ended up showing them the DVD and they did their own research and they are now happy and supporting me in all ways.

There are a few people at work who are doing different diets WW/SW/just eating healthily. So on Tuesday we were all asking what weight we had lost and most were happy with each other except one! She was happy with everyone else's weight lose but as soon as I mentioned mine she launched into a full on attack saying "it's dangerous" "it's not safe to lose that amount" "you will put it all back on when you come off" "you will damage your body" and every time I tried to explain to her that this is a medical diet done through pharmacy or doctors only she went off again about how unsafe it was to be on this diet and lose that amount of weight in a week!

Needless to say that the happy place I was in had gone from existence and I had never felt so down and so wanted to eat food I managed to persuade myself to keep off food until I got home by which time my partner was home and he stopped me from eating telling me I had to stick with it. But her thoughts are now running around mu head niggling at me.

Has anyone else come across this kind of issue/behaviour before and what did you do?

Oh I really feel for you. I'm sure you already realise this but deep down she is speaking out of jealousy. I'm sure she would love to have lost the amount of weight that you have, or have the will power not to eat ANY food. Just keep that at the back of your mind. She is probably sub-consciously trying to sabotage you. If you had eaten something after her little lecture, she would have won!

How to deal with this is another story! I'm a total wimp and avoid confrontation as much as possible. Only hubby and mum know I'm doing this as I just can't deal with having to explain myself. I really don't know what to tell you! In sure other members here have been in similar situations and will have good advice. X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thank you Squishymcfatterson, for you kind words. She probably was just being jealous but people shouldn't be that negative about a good point for others. Everyone else was really happy for me

Daniellebaby15 said:
Thank you Squishymcfatterson, for you kind words. She probably was just being jealous but people shouldn't be that negative about a good point for others. Everyone else was really happy for me

I agree. She should've been delighted for you even if she was jealous. But you know how some women can be!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Well I would tell her to mind her own business. It's your life. I hate people like this. It's nothing to do with anyone else. Tell her to concentrate on her own life and stop worrying about yours. X

Yes I sympathise as I've had people doubting the diet and saying all the same things about putting it all back on and really revelling in lecturing me on how I ought to behave once I've lost the weight. I've even had 2 girls telling me that they're going to shout at me once I've lost the weight and eating healthy if I have any non-healthy food and one said she'll be monitoring my portion sizes, even if it's healthy food like salads!!!!

My answer is to just smile through gritted teeth and say in my head, just shut the F up, but let them say what they want and then....DO EXACTLY WHAT I WANT!!!

3 Weeks in is brilliant and a fantastic weight loss for you. I had my 3rd weigh in last night and I've lost 18.5lbs in 3 weeks, starting week 4 today. I hate these shakes with a passion, they're disgusting and I can only tolerate the chocolate ones so I don't get any variety but I'm not letting that or any negative comments stop my mission to become slim and healthy.

Keep strong, you're never going to hear anything like that from your friends on this forum.

oooowwww she on the slap list!!!!

How much did she lose? 1lb? 2 maybe, jealous witch, every person does things in their own way, i have tried all diets mentioned and succeeded on a lot, but unfortunately gained it again and more, I am loving LT, not for the hard work and the yumshush shakes (lol) but because it is coming off fast, I am type 2 diabetic so have been monitored all through my journey very closely due to the amount of tablets I was taking, luckily I have got off of several and only take one type now, and my doctor sees no problem with the diet, in fact if you are borderline diabetic in hospital they often try a "starvation" diet to kick your pancreas to work again.
Me being me I would now feel the need to ask every week what this woman has lost, and really show off what you have lost , but thats just the evil b*tch in me i suppose, oh and when you have achieved what you want to see if you can get a pair of jeans with "kiss my skinny a*se" on the bum, just to swan into work and wiggle your bottom at her xxx

Ha like it Dizzy......maybe there could be a market for such skinny jeans!!!

Hi Daniellebaby15, oh i've had the exact same kind of reactions from family and friends! and it really isn't nice.
im doing the diet with my boyfriend and are half way through week 3 at the minute, getting on great with the obvious few ups and downs thrown in, but yesterday i was nearly giving up. My mother hasn't really been a fan of this diet from day one saying i was silly doing it and it was so dangerous for me etc, that if i just ate healthy i would loose the weight the same way - last year i was on WW and lost 3 and half stone but i put on a stone of that over the summer so thats why i decided i wanted to do this diet - i am sick of starting and stopping diets and loosing some weight and putting it all back on again - a typical yoyo dieter! plus the fact that 2 of my closest friends have done this diet at the beginning of the year and it was hugely successful for them! she lost 4 stone and he lost 7 stone and they both look fantastic so that was all the encouragement i needed to start it.
anyways, while talking to my mother on the phone yesterday she started digging into me that she had been talking to her brother at the weekend (my uncle) and they were talking about my diet, they said to try and get me off this diet asap as it was so dangerous... apparently my cousin was on it a few years back and she became lactose intorlent, she now has to live on gluten free foods and the doctors blamed the diet - also my other cousin was on a similar diet and when she came back onto food she developed cronans disease but i can't see how a medically supervised diet could cause such long term effects - it wouldnt' be medically run if there was such severe side effects.
anyways i nearly had to hang up on my mother cause she wouldn't stop going on about it ! also, a couple of my friends have said im mad doing the diet as i had lost so much weight on WW, why coulnd't i go back to doing that and eat healthy!
i havne't told many people about it as i know the reaction i am going to get, so only my 2 closest friends know plus my family and my boyfriends family...
at the end of the day, the results are going to speak for them selves aren't they... then who'll be pointing the fingers eh? :)

Mrs R I may just get onto designing those!

Fantastic result Daniellebaby15 you deserve to be chuffed with yourself. Learn to expect the negative comments though, they don't stop, and what they are not saying to your face is worse cause they are just waiting for you to fail!! So don't give them the satisfaction!! We are all masters of our own future success and you need to get the head high above the comments and watch them squirm with the better you feel about yourself. When I last did TFR I worked in a call centre, it doesn't get more catty!!!!!! But there will be as many cheering you on as there will putting you down so just learn to rise above it. Prove them wrong with their predictions on your future success, they are just annoyed that they can't do the same. :cool:

Daniellebaby15 WOW!!!!! That is a fantastic loss. I only wish I'd lost the same. It was 4lb for me. I just want to say, that I think it's like the others have said, jealousy. Your weight is falling off, look at the results in just two weeks. Your work colleague probably could not go without food so will undermine you to make herself feel better - please don't let her into your head. I have struggled today. My daughter made some cakepops and oh how delicious they looked and I was so tempted. Reading what you've said though has made me determined to stick at it 100%. We can do it. Let's show all the doubters and every time we hear negative comments smile to ourselves, as we know exactly what their game is.....jealousy.

Also, I think parents worry unnecessarily, it's different to how those who are jealous see it and perhaps just some reassurance for them will work and they'll become supportive once they understand the diet and how it works. Overfeeding/overweight causes health problems more than anything else, so once we are at a happy weight, we'll be in a healthy place both mentally and physically. Come on - we can do it. :D:grouphugg:xx

putting it bluntly, she's a jealous b***h. you're a competent female who can handl her own affairs. Do not listen to people like that, it's about how omfortable YOU feel on Lipotrim

that's one of the MANY reasons I didnt tell anybody that i was going on this diet, ive asked people if they have heard of it, and say that i know a friend who is on one, and all they can do is SLATE it and say bad things about them, at the end of the day, the pharmacy wouldnt be advertising it if it was a 'bad diet' its a medical diet if people aren't happy with your weight loss, when you are at your preferred weight, re-feed then show them that you dont put any more weight on when you come off it, its people wanting to gossip hun, your doing well, dont let what other people think bring you down, we are all here to support you,
keep smiling <3 xxx

I found out about it from a friend, who btw most people had been slating for "going on this mad diet from the chemists and staying on it far too long" Everyone had been saying what a bad way to lose the weight etc etc...

I haven't mentioned it to them, and I dont think I will.

I have had people asking me how long I am going to stay on it. I have only been on it 6 weeks and one friend suggested I should think about coming off it - but I still have a lot of weight to lose and Lipotrim is the quickest safe way to lose the weight. I think I need to stay on it for a few months until I get to a reasonable weight and then reintroduce food back. But it feels like I have only just started and giving up now would be a silly idea (unless I needed to for health reasons).

I have done Ww for years yo yo dieting I still have done well but not reached my goal yet!! My friend (whom is on Lipotrim) and I went on an all inclusive hol to Ibiza! My friend came off lipotrim to go on hol, we ate and drank all holiday!! When we came bk she put on less weight than me and got it off better than I did following Ww!! Hense why I'm on day 3 Lipo!! It's not the diet that puts the weight on its the choices you make when coming off it!!! I'm team Lipo all the way!!!! X

week 1 - weight in Thursday

emma you are absolutely right! Everyone blames the 'Diet' as the reason the weight goes back on but it's just not true. When you join the Lipotrim gang you've pretty much tried everything else and this is a last resort drastic measure to get back on track!! The only reason people put the weight back on REGARDLESS of the diet they've followed is because of the path they follow with food afterwards. What we all have got to accept is that we will never be the lucky skinny 'eat what you want' people and will always have to be aware of what goes into our mouths. What is great about Lipotrim is that when you get to your target you refeed and introduce foods gradually (while still keeping an eye on any gains) and you know then where your limit is. Watching our weight is going to be part of our lives forever but the hard and boring part of getting it off is made all the better with the speed lipotrim does it.:eek: Sorry that wasn't meant to be a rant but just bumped into someone the other day telling me it was a 'no good' diet and that the weight goes straight back on!!!!! Made me quite cross but I just rolled my eyes, smiled and said goodbye sweetly. You just can't talk to some people!!!

Hi neaddy my mother is the opposite she is for it but my sister is against it saying all the usual things. After u could see the weightloss she then said she wished she could give up food she then joined sw and has lost over a stone so far. told the people in work after they noticed the weightloss and got the same comments but my answer was i have done everything else and put it back on so its not the diets fault but mine

I only started LT yesterday but I have had lectures and little jibes of a few people....but we will see whos giving lectures when I am a size 10 (fingers crossed) and they are still sat eating their kitkats...! :) xx

Back