Negative Nelly back with avengence!

monkey30

Determined and motivated!
Hey guys,
i'm due to refeed on saturday, and my old negative demons are popping up!

I was on top of the world last week after weigh-in and entering my final week, but this week i have felt so down and i'm just setting myself up for failing

I know in the past i have lost 10 stone, but i put 5 back on within the year. And i know its because i abandoned the maintenance plan (lighterlife) and just reverted back to my old bad ways, but i'm worried that i will do the same again.

My husband looks amazing, and is so ready for refeed, but i look in the mirror and see a fat bird, with a spare tyre and a few too many chins :sigh:

I know i have achieved so much in the last 8 weeks, and if i hadn't done this diet i would probably be another stone heavier,if not more, but i'm just panicked that i won't be able to resist old temptations and end up obese again by Christmas....

i guess i'm just writing this here because i'm stressing myself out about it and i needed to vent. And my poor husband can't take anymore of my negative nelly attitude!!

Kt x

Even though our weights are different I know how you feel. I'm dreading my refeed in a couple of weeks cos I did so badly on refeed/maintenance last time, I gained about 10lbs and was so down about it, it was like doing LT was a waste of time and money for me. So I have to think ahead and plan my refeed very carefully with no cheating, then if I do gain a few pounds then I know it's my body finding the right weight for me to sustain. Fingers crossed.

Even though our weights are different I know how you feel. I'm dreading my refeed in a couple of weeks cos I did so badly on refeed/maintenance last time, I gained about 10lbs and was so down about it, it was like doing LT was a waste of time and money for me. So I have to think ahead and plan my refeed very carefully with no cheating, then if I do gain a few pounds then I know it's my body finding the right weight for me to sustain. Fingers crossed.

Fingers crossed indeed!!! It really isn't the TFR thats the hard part is it?!! :sigh:

Awww *hugs*

I think you're looking into the past a bit too much. Past is past, put it behind you. Do not for one minute think that it will repeat itself! You won't let it, if you're determined enough! You'll only fail if you let yourself fail Kt. You've come way too far and done too bloody well to let yourself fail.

There was no one more frightened of refeed than me! The thoughts of putting food in my mouth after 8 months of abstinence scared the poo out of me! Here I am on day 6 and things are fantastic! I've found out that food is not the enemy, I am! LT has taught me that I need food to survive, nothing else. I don't need it to pleasure/comfort me, I don't need it to treat me, I merely need it to live. Knowing that has helped me so much so far.

You've done brilliantly sweetie and will continue to do so. Chin up and positive thoughts only please!

Ah monkey! :hug99:

I'm not guna lie, keeping the weight off really isnt easy. Infact, personally, i think its the hardest thing ive ever had to do.

We will have up days and down days. We'll have days when we are sensible and feel good and we'll have really bad days. The trick is to try not and beat yourself up over it. Accept that we are going to have these 'bad' days now and again. The trick, once we manage to get the hang of it is to stop.

Personally, i'll never be able to eat and think about food the way a skinny person does so we have to find our own way of coping. Thats the hard part.

I'll dig out a thread all about 'Fred' .... the little bloke in our head. It really is a good read and i think if we put Fred into practice i think we might be able to get there.

Remember, its all about habit. Breaking habits is hard to do and will take time, unfortunatly its not guna happen over night like lipotrim :sigh: lol xxx

thanks guys. I kno its common sense, i need to shake that into me!! I think u hit the nail on the head about never bein able to see food like a skinny person does!! Just need to start liking me and looking after me WITHOUT thinking of food as a luxury, but as a need!! Thanks guys, positive polly starting to surface!! X

Back