Negativity from others - second time around

LollyPop

One Day at a Time
In 2008 I lost 6 stone with CD with a group of girls. We all met at a meeting of LighterLife but our counsellor was a witch - no seriously!! So we jumped ship to CD together and never looked back. In some ways these girls made following CD so much easier - we got on so well so we all planned a treat holiday to Cancun when we got to goal weight. Some of us got to goal and some of us didn't but off to Mexico we went. We had an amazing time ;)

What we didn't do was follow the steps up.... big mistake... HUGE!

Time moves on and old habits creep back and here I am in 2012 CD'ing again with 4 1/2 stone to lose. That's fine by me, I know I got myself into this and I have to do something about it which I am doing but I'm really beginning to notice comments from others this time (now I've lost a few pounds)
e.g.
"oh... are you loosing weight again......" - work colleagues
"but you starved yourself last time that's why you put it all back on" - from my mother today and "you lost too much weight" - I didn't - I literally got to BMI 24.

I was feeling really positive about this weeks loss until I just spoke to my Mum - now feeling a bit down - in other news I've just come back from assessment meeting with Children's Team and DS has been diagnosed with ADHD - bit of a rubbish day really
:(

I was feeling really positive about this weeks loss until I just spoke to my Mum - now feeling a bit down - in other news I've just come back from assessment meeting with Children's Team and DS has been diagnosed with ADHD - bit of a rubbish day really :(

Just wanted to give you a big (((HUG))) as it is upsetting when you get news like this that all is not well with your child but they can do a lot to help him either through changes in diet or with medication. The best thing you can do is to educate yourself about this condition and find support and a good place to begin is here on ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community - Powered by vBulletin

Time moves on and old habits creep back and here I am in 2012 CD'ing again with 4 1/2 stone to lose. That's fine by me, I know I got myself into this and I have to do something about it which I am doing but I'm really beginning to notice comments from others this time (now I've lost a few pounds)
e.g.
"oh... are you loosing weight again......" - work colleagues
"but you starved yourself last time that's why you put it all back on" - from my mother today and "you lost too much weight" - I didn't - I literally got to BMI 24.

Regardless of what diet you do to lose weight if you go back to eating the same way as before the weight will go back on...just look around all the different diet forums here and you will see that.

As for work colleagues the best thing is to try to ignore them, they would probably love to do a diet like Cambridge but don't have the will power or determination to do such a tough diet...

The comment..."are you losing weight again"...I would take as a compliment as it shows they can see the difference already!

This is what I love about a diet like Cambridge is that you do see results very quickly and it's very motivating.

As for your Mum, she is probably just the typical Mum who worries...

The main thing is that you are happy yourself with what you are doing and that you feel good...and when you have lost all your weight again that you do take the time to follow the steps into long term maintenance as I feel myself this is crucial to keeping the weight off.

Thanks Mini
Regards DS - I just feel like I have been fighting for so long and been told there is nothing wrong with him for so long by the school system that although it feels good to have been vindicated, I wasn't quite prepared for the doctor's response today... like I've been told I'm blowing it up out of proportion for so long that I almost began to believe I was imagining it.

Diet-wise - I can't win with my mum; one minute I could do with losing a few pounds and then next minute I'm losing weight too quick - I give up - forever a disappointment. The only time I saw her smile today was when my DS said he wanted to be a doctor when he grows up. :(

Thanks I'll go take a look at that forum now :)

Well you are bound to be feeling all sorts of mixed emotions especially when you had a feeling yourself something was amiss. What you need now is lots of support from people who know about this condition and who can share their own experience with you...

Diet-wise - I can't win with my mum; one minute I could do with losing a few pounds and then next minute I'm losing weight too quick - I give up - forever a disappointment. The only time I saw her smile today was when my DS said he wanted to be a doctor when he grows up. :(

Perhaps it would be best not to discuss with your Mum your diet and weight loss if you feel she is going to use it against you. At 5' 9" you are going to have some weeks with big weight loss on a vlcd like this but it will slow down as you get nearer to your own natural body weight for your height.

You have to think about your own needs and wants for very often as women we spend so much time looking after others we tend to put ourselves last. A happy Mum is a happy family!

Back