Nelly's on a mission

Better bloomin' not turn into Bugs!!

You'll have to get him braces if it does Linz.

Jim you are very sensitive this afternoon PMSL!

It seems most kids end up with braces these days. Can't do anything about how their teeth grow unfortunately.

Boys - look away now.

I had a coil fitted back in April 2010 and haven't had a bleed at all. Last night during one of my weird dreams (Vicky I get them too) I dreamt that I was having a period, and guess what has just happened! I was shocked! I thought I was never going to get any more. Bum.

OOh i start bleeding when i start low carb again might just be that honey.
Lol stupid dreams me Nic :D

Just wanted to say that there are a fair few things that help arthritis - low carb definitely being one. My bf has ankylosing spondylitis (non-curable arthritis which makes your bones fuse together) which is pretty horrific and, on diagnosis, felt like a bit of a life-sentence! However, after realising quickly that there was not much the drs could do (the pain relief tablets have a high chance of leading to cancer) I spent hours online researching (my way of coping). Anyway, to cut a long story a tiny bit shorter, he now does the following, which has made the most enormous difference to his pain:
- 3 times the daily recommended amount of omega 3 oil (not 6, just 3. No problem with high dosage, just not cod liver oil). He has gone from cracking his knuckles 10 times a day to twice a week
- no carbs
- infra-red sauna portable infrared FIR sauna dry no steam infra red rays on eBay (end time 16-Jan-11 06:31:45 GMT)
This makes a massive difference - gives him much more of a range of movement and eases the pain, especially in the colder months.
- takes probiotic supplements (he also has IBS/IBD which is commonly linked with arthritis according to his consultant) which settle his stomach a lot.

I hope this might be some help. I know your conditions are not the same, but it may be that some of the things he does would help. He loves the sauna (and is in there now!!)

Thank you Maxie. I have omega 3 already, but I'll up the dose and see what happens. I've been looking at an infra red lamp as I can't stand deep heat and heat patches or hot water bottle affect my overall body temperature and I can't stand being too hot. But I remember when I was doing my remedial massage course that a heat lamp was lovely and it's only on for a certain amount of time.

I really appreciate your advice and concern.

Take care xx

Hi,

No problem, I see how much better my boyfriend is and it is all due to our own research and hard work. I'm not discounting his consultant, but medication is just not an option, due to the high cancer risk. I must admit I hate normal saunas as they make me really uncomfortable, but I love going in the infra red sauna! The best way to describe it is the warm feeling when you can feel sunshine heating your bones. It doesn't make the rest of you hot, although the heat is a lot hotter than normal saunas, it just seems to go inside. Definitely helps in the Manchester dampness!

There is quite a bit of info online about Omega 3, we get the liquid from Healthspan which is cheaper than the tablets and flavoured. And the probiotics too.

Good luck!

Maxie x

Morning Nic, and hi Maxie.

I don't know why, but this morning I feel like I've put that 9lbs I lost back on. I feel really bloated and yukky. I think I'm having some weird reaction to roast lamb. I woke up in the night thinking I was going to be sick so that led to me being up for a couple of hours. Took some liquid Gaviscon and kept rubbing my tummy as it was massive and hard. Still feel really bloated this morning and can't face anything more than water. I do need to take painkillers though so I'm going to have to take some on an empty stomach which I know isn't good but honestly, I daren't put anything in there.

Walked Layla to school this morning and it wasn't as painful as Thursday but still not great. I'm going to push through the pain though as if I stop everything could well seize up and I won't be able to walk far at all. Seriously think I could do with a walking stick though - good Lord, I'm only 40! Wah!

LVLLT said:
OOh i start bleeding when i start low carb again might just be that honey.
Lol stupid dreams me Nic :D

Ooh this never occured to me but this happens to me too!!!

Always happens to me hon! im back on again yesterday - i have 2 periods per month!

Nic i hope you are ok - maybe the lamb is too fatty hon? Have you had any transit issues?

Morning Nic, yes it did love, sorry I thought I'd mentioned it. :)

Back