Neonshock's Diary

Neonshock

Well hello everyone,
After vowing to start a diet for the first time in my life things have gone extremely well and I think a big part of this is due to the wealth of information and support on minimins.
I decided to start a diary since my journey will be a long one (I think about a year is reasonable and I have a date in my mind of November next year on my birthday to reach my goal) but it is going to be a positive one. *Triumphful music!*
I started the diet last Monday but only got a reliable scale on Saturday so WI is every Saturday. Im going to be doing a mix of SW, Calorie counting, portion control and just good old common sense!

So, um, hey everyone!

So today has been a bit of a pain and I have been hungry. I am a shift worker so its a bit of a battle to eat with any sense of normalicy. At the moment I am working 7pm-7am overnight so this is how my day went yesterday.
Midnight - I had half a Go Ahead Yougurt break at 72 cals.
2.30 am - I had an Activia Vanilla Snackpot and one weetabix (bare going to Asda tomorrow to buy loads of these, they are lush) while watching The Biggest Looser (thinspirational!)
3.00am - Hit the Gym which was slightly creepy! 12 mins crosstrainer, 12 mins interval biking, 1100m on the rowing machine and then some strength training.
4.10am - Back to the office for more work (watching the Biggest Looser).
5.12 am - Fell asleep face down at desk.
0630 am - woke up and had some coke zero, did a bit of work.
0810am - Got home, blessed sleep!
3pm - Had a black coffee (with a teaspoon of cinnamon as I was told it helps improve your metabolism and I imagine mine is sluggish at best) one slice wholemeal bread and a scrambled egg, no spread.
8pm - Got to work, ate 'Innocent' Dahl Snackpot I grabbed reduced. Nice but underseasoned, added salt and pepper.

I think thats reasonable, my cals in and out is a bit under though...
Tonight Ill go to the gym again and have a small meal after, supernoodles, sweetcorn, tuna and some youg and spring onions which is effectively my breakfast...confusing huh!

Well at the gym I did 20 mins powerwalking with some interval running. Then 6 mins on the crosstrainer and 6 mins on the rowing machine. Not great tonight but this is the second night in a row of nights so I cut myself a little slack.
When I got back I had my 'breakfast'; sweetcorn, tuna, noodles, a little yougurt/lite mayo mix and spring onions. It was good because when I got out the gym my tummy was absolutly growling, Im not sure I am consuming enough but I will see how the weigh in is this week.
I cannot wait to get into bed today. I am taking my Mum to Costco later and am really looking forward to buying one of their great sushi packs but I am worried about the cals, will have to see I guess.

Hi.. your doing really well!
I exercise watching downsize me.. really does work! :eek:
will look forward to following your diary!!!

Thanks Willow!
Well I am really feeling achy today which is good. I just finished my tea which was spicy rice, falafel, spinach and lettuce with a grilled pepper and a dressing with yoghurt and basil. It was so delicious! Absolutely exhausted but with my shifts over for a little while I am really looking forward some sleep. However my work is 45 mins away which means no gym either. Tomorrow I need a rest so I will go for a walk and maybe do some wii, then Saturday I have a WI and then will pick up on some excersize again.
But now, Glee!

You seem to be doing great :) Your tea sounded very delicious. What do you do on your wii? Do you use it for exercise purposes or playing games? I recently got one but haven't gotten the chance to get anything for it. Any recommendations? ;)

Hiya! I do play Wii fit on my wii. Its pretty good, especially the stretches and yoga as I want to condition my body as I loose weight, luckily I'm very flexible still so! So yeah, get Wii Fit if you can, its good when you cant be bothered as you dont really have any excuse NOT to do it?
Also Zelda Twilight Princess is AMAZING.
Speaking of which this weekend is going to be a mix of long walks with the bf and the new Halo game :)

Right, well I am starting to feel like a normal person again! I was still aching from the gym and really tired but I had my breakfast and a berocca at 12 and I feel right perky now.
I just got out the kitchen, my mum gets a veg box from one of those companies and she always ends up giving me half (works out for me!). Yesterday she gave me a marrow? I had no idea so I figured I would stick it in the carrot, lentil and coriander soup I was making anyway. So I just chopped it up with a few carrots, sprayed with some fry light and stuck it in the oven to soften up, then washed some lentils and put them to soak for a bit.
I also got some quorn burgers out the freezer as I got some nice salsa (looked at the ingredients and it was toms, onions, chillis and vinegar... I was shocked, not a chemical in sight!) yesterday from Costco. Going to have burgers (still thinking on whether to have the bun or not, probably not as I will have bread tomorrow...) and sw chips, salsa and salad.

I hope everyone is doing well, WI tomorrow, so my fingers are crossed!

Ah wii fit sounds good! Thanks for sharing, I'll also have a look out for zelda, I did play it on the ds and enjoyed it so I imagine the wii version will be just as good (if not better!) :D

Good luck with your weigh in, I hope it goes well, keep us posted ;)

WI day.... - 10lb! Wooooop! :D

thats awesome chick, big well done, im really lovin reading your little diary.. keep it up.. i saw you mention you use the Wii.. i also use it.. id suggest buying ''just dance'' i got it 2 days ago and have already clocked up 3 hrs play lol.. its wicked really gets your heart going and and body sweating and its fun aswell, i also use Wii fit but i found the few exercises got a little boring after a while but now use just dance 1 day and wii fit the next... also after your suggestion about zelda iv been on the look out for that 1 too... Anyway wont ramble to much just wanted to say WELL DONE XX

thats awesome chick, big well done, im really lovin reading your little diary.. keep it up.. i saw you mention you use the Wii.. i also use it.. id suggest buying ''just dance'' i got it 2 days ago and have already clocked up 3 hrs play lol.. its wicked really gets your heart going and and body sweating and its fun aswell, i also use Wii fit but i found the few exercises got a little boring after a while but now use just dance 1 day and wii fit the next... also after your suggestion about zelda iv been on the look out for that 1 too... Anyway wont ramble to much just wanted to say WELL DONE XX

Thanks for the well done! I'm very pleased with myself! I have just dance, its really wicked, you heard they're bringing out another one? I hope they improve the motion sensor though because on just dance it can be a bit crap!
Im looking at getting EA fitness (its called something like that) as its had good reviews and its more intense than wii fit. Will prob get it next week when I'm paid so I will let you know what its like.
Thanks for stopping by!

I am having a bit of a panic because I haven't done any exercise today apart from walking around town for about an hour and a half. It doesn't really feel adequate. :(

Don't panic! :)

I was told once at a slimming world class (I only ever dieted once before and it was slimming world and worked well! I lost about three stone! anyway..) - I was told that excercise has a very small effect relatively, like you could be losing 2-4ibs a week from diet, and if you excercise like every second day it will only add about 1-2ibs a month or something crazy?! The person that told me that had lost about 12stone (the leader - ) and been featured in magazines so I took what she said with a fair bit of authority. Obv excercise for excercise sake is fantastic and i'd imagine once your super fit you'll really appreciate the feelings.... but i'm just saying don't fret too much about excercise, diet is way more important with our kind of weights, from a pure weight loss perspective as far as I know :)

As others have said, you're doing awesome! KEEP IT UP!!!!

go you! :)

Thank you ImLosingWeight! I felt a bit mental last night fretting about exercise, is this what dieting does!? Your right of course, I have heard similar, thank you for helping me out there.
I feel alot better today, I got on the scale (just out of curiosity) and have lost another pound yesterday, so I must have been doing something right!

Thanks for the well done! I'm very pleased with myself! I have just dance, its really wicked, you heard they're bringing out another one? I hope they improve the motion sensor though because on just dance it can be a bit crap!
Im looking at getting EA fitness (its called something like that) as its had good reviews and its more intense than wii fit. Will prob get it next week when I'm paid so I will let you know what its like.
Thanks for stopping by!

yes there is a just dance 2 out iv seen it in tesco, might pick it myself when i start getting bored of the dances on the 1st 1 lol.. thanks for suggestion about EA fitness yeah if you get it let me know if its worth a buy and ill see about getting that 1 aswell, i know what you mean about the motion sensor, you do the move perfectly and you still get a big X drives me mad

Checking in!

Hello everyone, hope you are all doing well and getting slimmer by the second!:eek:

So Saturday was unusual since I wasn't working or recovering from working, so me and the bf went on a big long walk around town. Popped into the library and grabbed a book I wanted, went and looked round Holland and Barrats for veggie treats (they have a great deal on Gluclosamine stuff at the moment that I will pop back and get once I'm paid) and popped into Starbucks. I had a black coffee and it was HORRIBLE, no wonder people by frappacinos and stuff full up with sugar from chain coffee shops, its because the coffee is crap!
Sunday had a lazy day; my friend visited us, we tidyed the house from top to bottom and I made a prawn thai curry (carefully weighed and accounted for). Actually it was super healthy, I used the soup I froze in the week with some added coconut milk (25g = 100ish cals! :eek:) to make a lovely sauce and the rest was all frylight fried veg and prawns.

This morning I went to try week one of the couch to 5k plan again around the park, I was feeling headachy before but during it seemed to deteriorate so I only managed one lap. I feel a little bad but I just got halfway through Jillian Micheals 30 day shred workout and boy have I made up for it!

I feel good and positive but I can see little things starting to effect me, like the exercise. I just seem to beat myself up a bit if I don't do something, even if I make it up by walking. I guess honestly, I need to get a bit more weight off before I train myself for fitness. Im game for anything and try my best but I cant tell if I am actually pushing myself, or just giving up to easily:(. But I keep trying to remember what ImLosingWeight said and my food choices have been nothing but immaculate I have to say!

Anywho, now I have had a rest I have to try finish this workout, even if it kills me. Toodleoo!

Ok so I was reading up about the fitness coach from The Biggest Loser, Jillian Michaels, whom I love. In her TIME interview it says no one should do more than 8 hours exercise a week. So thats going to be my new mini-goal to aim for 8 hours a week and no more. That way I know when to stop and know when I am failing.
I feel a renewed sense of achievement!

Back