Neris and India's Idiot-Proof Diet: Pig to Twig!

ahh that was a good point woofy...maybe just something pretty then

id like to agree with you jim but in all honesty i dont have a clue where most places are :p im terrible with a map so i use a satnav and i still get lost!! geography was never my strong point

id like to agree with you jim but in all honesty i dont have a clue where most places are

LOL, you must know where Birmingham is though!

Dear God,

LOL, geographically challenged is that then?

Hey peeps,
I am still here just been quite busy and not been able to get on here.
I think I am in week 4 now and feeling good, jeans are looser people are saying i look much more energised and not tired looking.
But the scales still haven't moved. I've upped the water and the exercise this week and have been reading up on PISS and why it happens. reckon this is what I am in the middle of so I just need to hold on as the weight will go when its ready.
Been having some lush food and have overcome several demons in the last 10 days.
The bigest one being the trip to the seaside where everyone sat down to fish and chips. arggghhhhh.................... Do you know what? I wasn't all that fussed.
I knew we were going for the day so in advance i made some curried cauliflower and spinach soup and put it in a flask. I also cooked up some sausages to eat cold, a pepperami and some snack cheeses.
The fish and chips smelt nice but i really enjoyed my soup.
On Friday night I was at the pub - soda and lime, then went back to my dads where they were feasting on breaded chicken and chips. I just had a couple of glasses of water and the smallest amount of wine while they ate.
Must actually be into week 5 for me now. I have run out of ketostix but have been checking every other day and they are showing pink so my body is in ketosis just not yet ready to show the results. I suppose after taking 27 years to get this big I can't expect to shrink overnight right?
I'm off to the recipe thread now to put on some food recipes i've had recently hopefully inspire some people. really enjoying cooking everything from scratch, nothing processed must be a benefit in itself without even considering how low the carb intake has been.
See you all soon
Peachy
x

Hi Peachy, nice to see you back and posting.

hey peachy!!!glad you popped back :D well done for the sea side trip thing!!!Youre deffinately in control :D

On thursday the girls from college and i are supposed to be going tou for a pub lunch....I hope theres soemthign i can eat and id best not fall off the wagon lol though i did buy some sugar free sweets to help with my sugar cravings :)

xxx

On thursday the girls from college and i are supposed to be going tou for a pub lunch
Lets hop you have your sat nav with you then love.

;)

lolthankfully its a pub right near my hairdressers so its fine :p if it wasnt id have no clue!one of the pubs near by burn down over the weekend and i had no clue which one it was despite the fact ive been past it many a time :p...im just wondering what to order now, going prepared!lol

:D No comment. LOL

lol. i wish id bought more food to college today, i had to go straight to work after a day at college (as i have been doing every monday for the past 3 years) and i forgot to bring a snack :( lol sometimes i think i should get my blonde hair back :p

it was joked today that i should get a red swim suit and go for a baywatch look on holiday this year lol

it was joked today that i should get a red swim suit and go for a baywatch look on holiday this year lol

PHOTO's :D

Hello all, can I join in?

I started doing this a few weeks ago, lost some weight, derailed myself with a slice of birthday cake I couldn't resist (and then went off piste for the rest of the day), picked myself up the next day, sorted out exactly why I want to lose weight, and have been on the straight and narrow ever since (thats 14 good days now).

I do struggle to eat enough food, evenings are my worst. I was a high carb eater - cakes, biscuits, snacks all being my weaknesses, as a result I don't have a big appetite and at the moment am struggling to burn it off.

Big old post this, didn't mean it to be - I have a resident infection which pops out now and again, latest place being my foot, it hurts pretty much all the time and is incredibly slow to heal (2 months as of now), so I have been wearing sandals in winter - like you do - and slippers at work, I am trying to have a little walk at lunchtime, but it does depend on the weather and the current pain factor.

Any suggestions for exercise that doesn't involve me standing too long or walking?

oh, and any ideas of a small evening meal which fits in with the eating plan?

Just to give an idea of what I am eating today:

B - 2 slices of ham rolled up with philly cheese, 25g almonds
L - Mixed leaves salad, cucumber, mushrooms, mayo, corned beef and grated cheese
D - ?

I drink coffee with double cream, peppermint tea and water - no problem getting 2 litres a day down.

Hi foxier, There is a recipe thread on the Atkins forum and a what are we eating today thread, go and have a read of them and see if they help.

Welcome :wavey:

oh yummy! all those recipes make me feel all enthusiastic...

Its got me to thinking, if I set up the crockpot in the morning and cook veggies to go with whatever I cook, then I can just have a small portion, which makes a lot more sense than having nothing at all and then going from lunchtime until breakfast the next day and eating nothing, and it sorts out the meal issues for the rest of the family as I can just do the carby stuff for them.

Thank you for that :)

No worries, I'm pleased to be able to help.

hallooooo

jim if there are such photos from our holiday i will happily put them up :D i get my home pc back tomorrow so i can get some piccies up (ive been using my pc at work since mine broke but theres no photos saved on here :( )

Hello foxier!! glad you got yourself back on track :D and im in the same boat as you lol i have small portions because i was a complete carb binger but im getting used to it now.

Saying that, on the IPD it says not to have anythign ending in "-ose" e.g fructose but saying that, is it okay to eat low carb stuff bought from avidlite.com or will that mess it up if it does have stuff like that in it?? im hoping that makes sense

xxx

I don't think that you should have them, the book says to steer clear of any processed foods.

I do a slightly naughty thing if I crave sugar, lick my finger and dip into the splenda box, or else have some with a couple of tablespons of double cream, I can't have SF jelly though as it makes me stall.

Back