Neris and India's Idiot-Proof Diet: Pig to Twig!

I'm a bit of a carb NAZI to be frank, I don't like to think of any of the S/F L/C products, I think I was lucky really, when I started Atkins back in '02 they weren't readily available so I had to do it Clean and Green, that and the fact I had the '72 version of the Atkins book.

Good Morning my Fellow Idiots.
Nice to see the new faces.
Well I daren't say it too loud but I am wearing some trousers today that didn't fit 4 weeks ago. and they are quite comfy.
So when they fitted I thought I'd have a sneaky weigh and it looks like they may finally be on the move. But I don't want to shout about it just yet.
Was really borig last night and had a fry up for tea. Tonight is home made burgers.
Hope you all have a fab day
peachy
x

i've brought the book to work tonight so im going to have another read through but I think youre right foxier i think it says to steer clear in the book :( **sob** maybe if im very strict for the next 2 weeks i can move onto phase 2??

i love sugar free jelly but i wont know if its making me stall until saturday :(

also does anyone know if you can have "too much" meat on this diet?? If theres a cut off point or not?? Not that im eating amazing amounts i just wondered lol

Someone at college earlier got a transfer tattoo in a packet of candy sticks (see the temptation i put up with ;) lol) and i thought it would be a good idea to put it on my forearm...its "spider freak" and proved dificult to get off before work...its now a black splodge :p sexy i say

xx

I have had what can only call a horrible day, but for some reason I haven't turned to food like I would normally, and that really is for 2 reasons:
1. When I ate that cake I put on 4 pounds in one week (well ok it was more than cake, there was other rubbish as well that day), which then took more than a week to get off again.
2. I have just had 14 days of following the plan to the letter and I don't intend to fall at the first hurdle.

My foot hurts like something or other, and one thing led to another and I cried at work - not something I usually do, but my manager sent me home where I rested all afternoon.

Then I went downstairs and found the dog's colitis had produced results all over the lounge carpet, I could have cried all over again or at least eaten something sugary and what would have been yummy a few weeks ago, but instead I cleaned up and then made a lovely mug of peppermint tea and ate 2 fried eggs.

Reactions: Jim
also does anyone know if you can have "too much" meat on this diet?? If theres a cut off point or not?? Not that im eating amazing amounts i just wondered lol

Well I'm on Atkins maint and ate a pound and a half of cold roast lamb with mayo and mustard on Monday night.

Ah foxier, sorry you had such a bad day.

i've brought the book to work tonight so im going to have another read through but I think youre right foxier i think it says to steer clear in the book :( **sob** maybe if im very strict for the next 2 weeks i can move onto phase 2??

i love sugar free jelly but i wont know if its making me stall until saturday :(

Someone at college earlier got a transfer tattoo in a packet of candy sticks (see the temptation i put up with ;) lol) and i thought it would be a good idea to put it on my forearm...its "spider freak" and proved dificult to get off before work...its now a black splodge :p sexy i say

xx

Just a bit curious here, when you have got down to your desired weight, will you be continuing to low carb for maintenance? Those trigger words "being good" are words I try not to say, this is my way of eating and once I get to where I am going I intend to add little bits of carbs to make it my way of living. eeeek that sounds so holier than thou, and I don't mean it to be.

We also have food at work, a biccie tin which used to be stocked by me, now I'm not filling it there do seem to be days when it is empty. The canteen does good food as well, and sometimes its hard to resist when people bring hot food back to their desks.

But joy of all joys we have a team meeting on Monday complete with lunch, which means me bringing into work some lettuce leaves so I can scrape out the sandwich fillings, of course there will be the obligatory crisps, and onion bhajis, mini samosas etc, I think I will take in a small pack of pork scratchings.

And just a quick report in to say that due to me not giving in to yesterday's stresses I am another pound down this morning :clap:, 2 more pounds and I'm under 20 stone, so now its off to the shops I go, best foot forward to buy my food for the next week.

Well done Foxier, that is great news, I like it when people are tough with themselves.

Morning all,
Another pair of jeans on today that wouldn't do up 4 weeks ago.
yipee.
off to have brekkie, scrambled eggs, bacon and mushrooms.
yum yum

That's nice peachy! bet your well pleased.

Well done Peachy. I bet it feels great to be wearing them!

Well done Peachy, reading this has reminded me I have clothes that didn't fit when I started 18lbs ago, I wonder if I can get into any of them yet? Off to raid my wardrobe :)

Karen x

Hey Karen,
You will be amazed at your clothes - one day they don't fit and you think your never getting into them and next thing, could be overnight, could be a few days later - you are getting them on without having to lie on the bed and wrench the zip up with a coathanger. lol. And you can eat while your wearing them without fear of the button popping off and taking someones eye out.
The last time i got my jeans on I was 14stone 7lbs and on Cambridge. Last weigh in last night i was about 14st 11lbs and full to the brim with my tea and this morning they fit.
I love low carbing
Bring on the meat!

hey!! well im liking my low carb food lol its pretty much a habit now with the odd craving thrown in so i presume ill just keep eating like this but with more food involved once im out of the detoxy bit and phase 2 of the book.

Im going out tonight with my friend as a "goodbye" thing, he's off to afghanistan on sunday :( first time eating out since starting this

xx

Hey Peachy, I just found 2 pairs of jeans and 2 denim skirts that I couldn't even pull up 2 months ago and guess what, I can fasten them now, they are still a little tight so it may be a couple more weeks before I can wear then but at least I'm getting there :D

Karen x

is your friend a soldier Miss Gray?

That's nice isn't it Karen. I can still remember the thrill of getting into old clothes

I didn't mean it like it obviously sounded, more that "being good" is a trigger phrase for me along the lines of "I've been good all day so I'm going to reward myself with a little something" which normally turns out to be an ok little something followed by a high carb binge.

I hope you have a lovely meal, is it just me or does anyone else spend a lot of time thinking about food?

Grats on the clothes front Peachy, I haven't bothered to look at my heaps of clothes that are too small yet as I only seem to have lost off the tops of my legs - I can see it now, I will end up like a round ball on sticks.

Its my day off today, so I am doing anything but what I should be doing. Well at least I did go to the doctor this morning, another infection it would seem which is why it hurts so much, so another intensive course of antibiotics to try and get rid of it again.

he si indeed. All of my friends seem to have gone away in the army :( though i am proud of them for signing up

i had a little bit of a cry and a down moment earlier im not sure what triggered it but for a few moments i felt like i couldnt do anymore, it was only when i looked in the mirror and thought of how good it feels to be losing weight. i blame hormones :p

xx

he si indeed. All of my friends seem to have gone away in the army though i am proud of them for signing up

Then give him the regards of a 25 Year man and give him my respects as well Miss Gray.

3 pairs of trousers in 3 days.

Yipee,
another pair of jeans on today.
Thats 3 in 3 days. that now fit me.
and the ones for today don't have any lycra in them - they are real denim jeans.
off to get some lunch now.
peachy
x

Back