Nerys and India Diet Day One

clojo

I couldn't find a thread dedicated to this diet (not that I looked hard, I was just too lazy).
Anyway, today is my first day and I was wondering if there's anyone out there who's just started or anyone who's already on it.
Good luck to anyone who is! Hope to hear from you soon x:D

Hi Clojo
I've read the book and the first phase is very much like Atkins so I'm doing a sort of Atkins/IPD combination. All good so far, how are you finding it ??

I have this book and haven't read it yet. Good luck clojo, low carbing is the way to go. What are the differences between it and Atkins then Joop?

Last edited:
Hi clojo, welcome. Yes this is probably the right place to be - good luck! :)

Hi all

After faffing about for a long time trying many different 'diets' I am finally prepared to admit that I do feel better without the carbs. Last time I tried to go low carb I got terrible indigestion because of the extra fat, so I will need to be careful.

So I will be joining you on the old pig to twig plan and hope to be more twig like very soon. It'll be good to have someone to share this with. Day 1 tomorrow for me, good luck to you x

I loved the pig to twig book, got it free with cosmo a few weeks ago. It's like atkins without the science-y bit. It all work's but i'm an atkins girl through n though :)

We do have a few who've done Pig to twig on here. Good luck

I have this book and haven't read it yet. Good luck clojo, low carbing is the way to go. What are the differences between it and Atkins then Joop?

I guess that Pig2Twig is more like Atkins OWL phase really. You are allowed nuts and few more carby vegetables. It seems to work well for many but a few don't get anywhere with it.
I think it works well if you are sensible with it and basically stick to the green veg and use others such as BNS as an occasional ingredient, the book does tell you to do that. Maybe Atkins is easier because your boundaries are more defined and no doubt most of us are here in the first place because we are not the best at self control and moderation!! ;)

Hi all

After faffing about for a long time trying many different 'diets' I am finally prepared to admit that I do feel better without the carbs. Last time I tried to go low carb I got terrible indigestion because of the extra fat, so I will need to be careful.

So I will be joining you on the old pig to twig plan and hope to be more twig like very soon. It'll be good to have someone to share this with. Day 1 tomorrow for me, good luck to you x

Good luck vanda!
i've never heard anyone say 'pig to twig' before! i like it :) xxx

Hiya how have u got on I'm on week 5 and Lost 14lbs upto know I'm not weighing myself this week as and I hang my head in shame I cheated on sat due to a bad hangover x good luck it gets easier after the 1st 5 days x

Hi, everyone.
Thanks for the replies! I'm only on day three and it really doesn't feel like a diet. I don't feel like I'm doing it right. I had the migraine to end all migraines on day one but since then I've felt ok, if a little weird.
I've realised that I can't be trusted with nuts, so they're off the menu the moment. But I've stuck to it, amazingly but I have a killer sweet tooth which is proving to be my biggest problem. It's all about keeping busy.
Haven't weighed myself yet obviously but I feel far less bloated.
Good luck to anyone who's started or is in the middle of it.
keep me posted! x

Hi Clo, sounds good to me :)

My second day today, all good atm. Not been feeling hungry just getting used to no pepsi max :( only water for me

Low carb food shopping is a joy, no low cal/no fat stuff always makes me laugh when for years I wont buy butter cos its too fattening and here I am almost at my all time heaviest :rolleyes: I enjoyed putting the butter and other full fat lovelies into my basket and am looking forward to trying some new recipes including the notorious cheeseburger pie :D

Last edited:
Hiya well done guys ull should start with a weird taste in u mouth in a few days it lasted about 2-3 weeks for me and u really loose ur appitite I can never finish a full meal now I get halfway through then feel full ! I do have nuts I get one to last me a week and just have a couple like when I'm cooking tea and I'm really hungry just stops me from reaching for a biccie or anyother quick rubbish food x x good lick for ur weigh INS x x

Hi vanda :wavey:

Clo - hope today still going well :)

Vanda, that cheeseburger pie sounds DELICIOUS! I can't wait to try it. Day four for me and it just feels odd. I don't feel like I'm on a diet at all. But I've got to day I think I look smaller today, I must have got rid of any water retention...I should hope so, I have NOT stop peeing. Shopping was quite fun, It is weird having spent years buying everything that said "low fat" and instead buying the fattiest things imaginable. It obviously works and until I'm shown otherwise I reamin faithful. I just need to get off my bum a bit more. But I'm a nurse so finding the energy to go for a walk after a 12hour day is a challenge for me.
Hope you get on as well as I have. Do you have a sweet tooth? That is my biggest problem at the moment, I'm dying for a pudding.
Good luck to all! x

Hi Clojo

I'm a nurse too but luckily dont have to work those 12 hour shifts, but I do admit to be too lazy to do any exercise atm. I loved my food shopping too, it really doesnt feel like a diet at all. I did have a craving for crisps and chocolate last night but had a piece of cheese instead and went to bed with a new book. I'm hoping the cravings go soon.

Have a fab day x

Back