Ness's Food Diary

You haven't had any breakfast? I dont have loads of experience of slimming world yet, but it doesnt look like you are eating enough, i know some people cant deal with food first thing in the morning but you should try, the whole point of the diet is that you can eat loads and still lose weight :)

I'm not a huge breakfast eater either. Don't have time with the kids but am sort of conditioning myself to eat at that time - I only grab a banana though.

In the past I always thought that if I have breakfast then I seem to be hungry for the rest of the day... but that's the point. It gives your metabolism a kick up the jacksie so you burn it off more efficiently.

Do you mind me saying this? Don't want to jump on you as soon as you post!

We'll get there chick. xxx

What should i eat in the mornings? I dont really eat in the mornings so dont have a clue where to start.

It takes some getting used to.

It depends how much time you have I think. If you're rushed or busy then something as simple as a banana will do the trick... course its fee and anything in your stomach is better than nothing.

I'd say though, start small. Don't go all in for the grilled "fry up" if you're not used to it.

If I have a bit more time i'll have strawberries, rasberries and a sliced banana with a muller lite chucked ontop. I couldnt do cereal with milk. Thats an A choice and a B choice gone and that'd depress me for the rest of the day! Also, being used to not having breakfast, cold milk first thing gives me stomach ache.

I have fruit and yoghurt most days, it fills me up, but its not too heavy on my stomach, on weekends i will have boiled eggs and soldiers or a quorn sausage sandwich. It does take a while for your body to get used to eating breakfast, i didnt eat it for years and i think it messed up my metabolism a bit, but now i eat it everyday after i have done my exercise routine and it really sets me up for the day!!

hiya nessa do you have the food optimising book? it give you a full list of what you can have every day for the original and green choices plus lists of healthy extras and syns.

i agree with yamyam about starting small when it comes to breakfast if you're not used to it. have an apple and banana or a mullerlight yogurt or if you have time make an omlette :D. they say breakfast is the most importnat meal of the day and i have to agree with that ;)

Hi Ness

I get up at 6am everyday to make sure i do some exercise, its not easy with a baby and running my own business but i have to do it first thing in the morning or else i wont do it!! although this week i havent done as much as i normally would and have maintained. Have used up all my syns everyday aswell so going to have to make a proper effort to get a pound or too off this week coming!

Im sure that your scales will start moving again soon, just stick at it xx

OMG! you must be a super mum! I have an 8 month old and a 2 year old and the thought of getting up at 6am to do some excises just make me cringe! I could never do that, I cant even find some me time let alone time for excises. Good on you though if you can do that.

I have had an apple this morning for brekkie and i dont feel to good now. wondering what to have for lunch.

Not Supermum, just mad probably!! Im one of those people that has to have a set routine every day or else i fall apart!!

Are you a red or green day fan? I never know what to have on green days, just get stuck for ideas so always end up having red days as its easy to stick some chicken and salad together!

im the opposite, im always stuck for ideas on what to have for red days :rolleyes:

im having uncles bens wholegrain rice (3 syns) and a tuna steak ( b choice ) for lunch today - im starving now, trying not to snack between meals this week if i can help it :D

try not to feel guilty nessa, theres nothing you can do abput it now anyway so just get straight back on track and that will help loads.

did you know that the 99% fat free super noodles are free on green ? it'll save you all those syns in future ;)

Hi foodfairy, i did not know that super noodles were free on a green day. Thanks for that.

I am in hampshie now until the 20th so will try and log on and write about what i eat.

Yesterday I ate a banana for breakfast, and pots with lean pork and some carrots. and for tea i had a little bit of steak with home made chips, mushrooms and onions.

This morning for breakfast i had a banana and half a crossiant, not to sure what i am having for lunch yet.

Back