Net Carbs and UK Food Labelling? Confused.com!

Jupiter

Getting a bit confused on how to work out the net carbs of an item from it's UK food label!
Am I deducting fibre from total carbs to get the net carb count or is the carb count on a UK label already giving me the net carb count??
Sorry to be a bit dim!

the uk ones you dont deduct fibre just exactly what it says on the label.

Hmmm that's a shame! One or two things looked better than they are then! It's a learning curve......
Thankyou x

But what about the lovely MIM then? The flaxmeal I have says it's 5g ish per 15g making the MIM 10g carbs? Is that right?

oh no i think a mim is different - help anyone?

Carb Counter

Use this site very good watch when buying fresh veg you need to take off the fibre, pre-packed stuff its been done for you, but myself i took no notice just took fibre off all products and the weight dropped off me, in maint now.

Stephen

Quak said:
My flaxmeal is a lot lower than that - what kind have you bought?

I bought Linsuit flaxmeal, there's no other ingredients in it but the carb and fibre counts are almost equal. Maybe it's ok because of the high fibre content? We all know what that does now don't we!!

Holland and Barrett brown flaxseed is much lower - 0.7g carbs per 100g - and I use 30g per Mim, so it makes it about 0.2g or less.

Yes I have to deduct the fibre carbs from my flaxmeal to make sense too Jupiter. I asked the very same question when I made my first MiM.

Aha! I did wonder how one brand could be any different from another when the only ingredient in the pack is flaxmeal!

We all become label detectives - mind you, I think that's a good thing. I used to live on ready meals, now I shriek when I see the saturated fat, salt and sugar in them!

Back