1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

Netball anyone?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by HellieCopter, 22 August 2009 Social URL.

1. HellieCopter

HellieCopter Gold Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming World
    Like most girls, I was forced to play netball at school and as I wasn't one of the sporty ones or in the netball clique, I hated it! But the game itself I quite liked, even though I wasn't very good.

I joined a team at work, rediscovered a great game without as much biatchy-ness as school!
    We had our national netball tournament yesterday (teams from my company from all over the country - it was brilliant fun!)

Anyway, I am sounding like a netball saleswoman! But what I wanted to let you know about is a thing called 'Back to Netball'. It's a national scheme for people like me, who used to play a bit at school and then didn't carry it on.

Back to Netball

I haven't been to one yet, but I'm planning to next week. I think it sounds such a good idea. There's a girl on my team who goes and raves about it. She said there are people of all ages, levels of skill and varying fitness (and size!)

So I just thought I throw it out there (pardon the pun!). Until I got back into it, netball was honestly my idea of hell! But it's such a good form of exercise and so different to school days.
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Abbysmum

Abbysmum Full Member

Me, I'm a footy girl netball was always to delicate for me, I much prefer a god slide tackle!
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.