Nettie's summer musings

hum - not a convert to magic porridge - Never mind. It was worth an experiment.

Not over my syns but sweet corn instead of super free with supper. Just feeling tired and nothing easy in the fridge. Never mind.

Bbq tomorrow. Will have some jerk chicken again and lots of salad :)

Not a great day - the bbq wasn't a disaster but the left overs called to me and I have eaten far too much now.

Had also had some syns before lunch as I ate later than usual which is not a good way for me to stay on plan.

I did do an extra 10 minutes of abs toning today though and had a good catch up with some old friends.

Away next week so will see what I can do. Here is the plan:
Meals should be reasonably on plan anyway as we are cooking them
No need to drink anything off plan (maybe one glass of wine in the evenings)
Avoid syns in the house - I do like an ice cream if there is one going out and about
Back to 100% on Friday :)

I am beginning to think there is always an excuse - I mean to be back into serious sw mode in September but I have an event every weekend of September so it is in no way going to be perfect.

I have done 2/3 of the packing today so that is a good start before tomorrow.

Back home after a nice trip away.

didn't do too badly for sw but by no means 100%. Back to it today!

2 days of body magic done so will need to do today, tomorrow and Sunday too. - Very doable

Will need a restock of the Fridge also.

scales are showing a maintain since last weigh in which is probably pretty jammy.

Another baking with the children day today. Pizza and cookies - I must learn to resist. Probably 20 - 25 syns today so not complete craziness. Have printed some new syns recorders for myself. Have done 20 min body magic - 10 to go today still. A good sw friendly shop is arriving in the morning. 4 clear days till weigh in........

Also I have started the baby on a bit of solid food so am losing one healthy extra :(. One month till I am down to 3 a day :(:(. Will make the mostl of the 5 while I have them.

hmmm spiralling a bit out of control for the old sw plan at the moment. I have the wrong mindset just now. Need to get back to group on a regular basis. clean sheet tomorrow - 3 days to weigh in. Plan for tonight:

sw spagetti bolognaise
No More Syns
30 min body magic

Bank holiday weekend coming up - no major plans at the moment so no need to go crazy. I think I am going to have to say no to baking for the rest of the holidays - it seems a shame though. OK so no baking for the next three days. and a honk for tomorrow night. Back to report on tomorrow tomorrow.

Three point plan for tonight has come together :D
here's to my 100% day tomorrow

Hooray! a 100% day - 5 1/2 syns

Gold body magic week two done. :D

It really is just a question of putting your mind to it - it is never hard really.

Ok so two more days till weigh in.

Will aim for two more honks. Will go for a good start to gold award week 3.

100% day :D

20 min body magic so far - will do the last 10 in a minute.

One more 100% day to go before weigh in.

Well I have my honk for today which is great but not feeling so positive because I am really tired from a computer training afternoon so the house work and body magic have gone out of the window for today. Never mind, we are allowed a day off or two a week. Intending to weigh in at a different group tomorrow morning so hoping the scales are all well calibrated. Off to bed to sleep it off

:zz:

The baking ban was lifted this morning so I have brownies in the oven already (very keen son) and a shopping list including ingredients for milllionaire's shortbread. I did quite well at not tasting the mixture tooooo much (it was before 8 in the morning after all!) and feel I must now make a plan. Lots of the brownies can go out to my son's friends house where he is going to play today. I intend to cut myself 5 5 syn pieces and eat them one a day over the next 5 days. I don't like millionaire's shortbread so I don't need any of that. (maybe that is unrealistic - perhaps I could taste a measured 2 syn piece or something).

off for my penultimate weigh in of the summer this morning

Whoop whoop whoop I have lost 2.5lb in the last fortnight and am half a pound away from my 1.5 stone award.:D

Oooo and I have lost more than half the weight I planned to.:D

I do think the scales at the different group might have been a bit more generous though than my usual so will try not to get too excited till next week.

I have tried a lemon hifi bar and think yuck but wonder what I should do with them. Maybe donate the other two to the slimmer of the week basket.

Have got the new magazine for inspiration. I think I should go for a great week to get my award next week :):)

Last edited:
Thank you Oasis

Had a couple of moments of madness in tesco this afternoon. Firstly decided it would be fine To buy a chocabloca for 27 syns and eat it all. Dn't know what posessed me - instant head ache. Mind you I do feel in control and think that I will make up the 27 syns over the week. It doesn't feel like a continuing binge fest.

Also bought a simply cook beef rib in gravy for supper. Looks a bit like the lamb shank I have. For 1 1/2 syns. Anyway on closer inspection it is 18.5 syns. 740 calories and 45g of fat. Never mind I expect my husband will enjoy them on two separate occasions. Scarily long shelf life on them actually.

Must regroup re body magic this evening.

40 minutes of body magic done

Back on plan with 9 1/2 other syns today so 5 1/2 knocked off the chocolate so far.

I had a frozen lamb shank for my supper for 1 1/2 syns

Thinking of trying the chicken kofta curry from the magazine and some of the breakfasts and lunches from the 7 day planner.

I am swinging up and down at the moment. Good breakfast and lunch ideas from the magazine and planning the curry for tonight.

But I have discovered I do like millionaire shortbread afterall especially when I am in a bad mood.

Why oh why do I do this???????

Never mind onwards and upwards.

Never cook anything out of Nigella's domestic goddess - her portions are crazy. How to be a domestic temptress perhaps.

Right I have taken control back into my hands. Most of the shortbread is in the freezer. I can defrost small amounts to give to the children over the next 6 months if necessary.

in the spirit of experimentation I had toast and baked beans for breakfast with blueberries and cherries.

Feeling quite full still so not a bad idea. I am not a big fan of beans so it was a bit strange for me especially as If i do eat them it is normally as carbohydrate at supper time.

Out to the zoo today and intending to eat in the cafe - baked potato agogo.

Baked beans and potato for lunch with salad. 8 syns worth of ice cream and a free supper (spicy chicken out of the magazine). 9.5 syns altogether today. Not bad for a day out :)

Body magic done too

Just need to get sewing on the name labels!

Completed week 3 of the body magic gold award :D

Another bad food day :(

Need to draw yet another line, pull myself together and have two good days before my 5th September Weigh in. Really don't want a gain. I would love to get my stone and a half award.

My daughter goes back to school on Tuesday so some sort of routine will be returning.

Will be refocusing generally for a no excuses Autumn.

Back