Never going back....

Xassy

Silver Member
When I think about how I used to eat before starting SW, I feel disgusted. :eek: There have been times in the last 5 months that I've felt like giving up, then I think back to how I used to eat and remember I don't want that. I felt constantly lethargic and had sluggish digestion. My blood sugars would spike and then dip. I'd get cranky and tired, then suddenly have a burst of energy. I don't even crave junk food anymore! Although, I won't lie, sometimes it's hard and I slip up or get frustrated with slow loses and think "I want a big mac!!" but then, I remind myself how terribly unhappy I was. I was ashamed too, of how much I could eat.

I AM NEVER GOING BACK!

Just thought I'd post my little revelation. ;)

i feel same but i dokeep slipping up., but i do wonder how i managed takeaways everynight... and i use to really moan at my partner if i had to 'share' mine with him :( also when cooking i made sure i dished myself the bigger one :( i feel so greedy and fat...things don change much i still have bgish portion but stop when im full....

Agreed, fast food every night would make me keel over now haha :p

Thanks for sharing your revelation :)

Do you feel that you can't handle the junk food now?

If I eat anything too fatty now, I get a bad stomach. It's good in a way that my body has grown intolerant to the crap that must have been in that food, but I still crave it!

If I eat anything too fatty now, I get a bad stomach. It's good in a way that my body has grown intolerant to the crap that must have been in that food, but I still crave it!

i have a treat on saturday night usually and gradually they got smaller smaller and i felt physically sick last saturday and had lay on tummy as felt so bloated and kept getting pains

Good on you for your attitude, and it's great you feel you couldn't go back to eating the way you used to.

Unfortunately, I think I could go back, quite easily :(
If I'm eating out or getting a takeaway, it's still a huge effort for me to avoid the wrong choices as I still like the food that is so bad for me.

Guess I'll be on this plan for life :)

Last edited:
i am soo worried that i will go back, but i really don't want to. i find it very easy to slip back into over indulging and i know how easy it was for me before to be so glutonous. I hope over time i can change the way i eat, because i never 'want' to go back.

I could never go back.. the smell of fatty foods makes me feel ill now .. burger vans / kabab shops make me turn green.. i used to LOVE kababs,...now i would die lol...... i take this as a good thing tho as it means my head has finally worked its self out :)

Im the same - i had a take away last week and it was a bit greasy and i didnt really enjoy it, felt bloated after half - without going into too much detail the next morning i spent most of on the loo!
I also used to suffer a lot of heartburn/indigestion and ate rennies all day long, since starting SW i think ive taken about 4 in 6 weeks and these were after really strong raw onion!!
Yay SW!!!!:grouphugg:

Had a mouthful of my sons coco-pops with whole milk- just too sweet and i could really taste the fat from the milk- yuck. I feel so much better without sandwiches and bready stuff, haven't been tempted by takeaways yet but rogan josh is my fav curry .

Had a mouthful of my sons coco-pops with whole milk- just too sweet and i could really taste the fat from the milk- yuck. I feel so much better without sandwiches and bready stuff, haven't been tempted by takeaways yet but rogan josh is my fav curry .

Rogan josh is only 6.5 syns a portion Clara and the boiled rice free if your on EE!!! I had this for a meal out a few weeks ago and lost 2.5lbs that week!

I can honestly say I will never go back to my old eating ways. TBH we wern't big take away eaters really, maybe one on a Saturday as a treat, but I think we ate far to many ready meals, like frozen pizza's!!

One of my bigest downfalls, was the mix of foods I did - i'd have huge amounts of food, potatoes litterally oozing with butter!!!

I now love my new eating style, love cooking so many different foods from scratch & I make that many we have not once felt board with the food or stuck in a rut of eating the same foods - not like my pre SW ways!

I really do believe that the eating plan is great for my family - we are all eating so much healthier :D

I couldnt go back to the way I used to eat, even if I wanted to! My GB has put stop to things like pizzas, kebabs, chips and most chinese foods, so there wouldnt be any point trying! It would just be a waste of money!
When I think about how I used to be with food, I really did have a bad relationship in that I was quite proud of the fact that I could eat a whole large pizza, 24 bags of crisps and a box of chocolates in one sitting!

Im pleased that I cant eat that kind of stuff anymore anyway. Yes, there are times when I could just eat cake or chocolate, but Im afraid that I will get big again and I dont want that!

I couldnt go back to the way I used to eat, even if I wanted to! My GB has put stop to things like pizzas, kebabs, chips and most chinese foods, so there wouldnt be any point trying! It would just be a waste of money!
When I think about how I used to be with food, I really did have a bad relationship in that I was quite proud of the fact that I could eat a whole large pizza, 24 bags of crisps and a box of chocolates in one sitting!

Im pleased that I cant eat that kind of stuff anymore anyway. Yes, there are times when I could just eat cake or chocolate, but Im afraid that I will get big again and I dont want that!

this is where i recomend skinny cow triple chocolate ice cream lolly AGAIN lol... seriously really gorgeous and totally filled my chocolate fix i needed, there not small about same size as a magnum and got chocolate bits in and its 5 syns!! worth every last 1!

Oooo thanks for that one...Im off to get me some of those!

I find the mini twister lollies - chocolate and vanilla - are great for that and only 2 syns each!!!!
You get 8 in a box and Asda has 2 boxes for £3 at the mo

I made the rogan josh from the slimming world curry recipe book last week and it was delish - the recipe is for lamb, but you could substitute any meat in it (I made it with quorn pieces as that's all I had in the house). It's free on Red and EE (and on green if you use quorn instead of meat)

I also get a bad stomach if I eat something fatty. I have awful IBS and a lower fat diet has certainly helped things.

On the days where I've been off-track, I've felt lethargic again and really unwell. In some ways, going off-track is good for me because it reminds me of why I'm doing this! :eek:

I also suffer from IBS and whenever I start eating rubbish I really start suffering... doesn't stop me binging occasionally though!

For me it's definately being on a high fibre diet which makes me feel sooo much better!

Back