Never happens to someone you know....

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by icemoose, 20 July 2008 Social URL.

1. icemoose

icemoose The Diet Guy

Don't diet anymore!
    I heard yesterday that someone I used to work with who retired last year was murdered on Friday.

A real family man with a lovely wife and four kids, killed on his driveway!

Don't know much more than that but totally shocked the hell out of me, just never known someone who has been murdered.

2. Avatar Matched Content

3. Mini

Mini Administrator Staff Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Slimming World
    That is beyond words Mike.

Deepest Sympathy to all his family and friends at this very sad time.

Love Mini xxx
  4. dietingqueen

dietingqueen Gold Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    weight Watchers now but did LL/CD
    Gosh Mike, That is such a tragedy.... and yeah it's always someone else... far away....who yeah you feel for, but not close enough to really make you think!!!
  5. Delli

Delli Talks too much

this happened to someone i know a few years ago. despite how far nothern ireland has come, he was kicked to death because of his Celtic football shirt. he was only 16, still a child.
  6. KD

KD Gone fishing

Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    Oh no Mike:( How awful, especially shocking when you know them. Terrible :(
  7. CW Consultant

CW Consultant Gold Member

It is a terrible shock when this happens as it seems beyond belief. Mike you know two of Amy's friends were killed last year in seperate incidents and her b/f witnessed a murder.

Its a scary world we live in now.
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.