New and a question please.

lynsey2510

Evening all,

Im Lynsey, 32 from Liverpool. I started SW today, really excited to get stuck into it but have a quick question!

Im doing Extra Easy, seems like a fab plan :D BUT if for example, I have beans on a jacket potato for lunch, I know they are both free foods and I should have 1/3 of my meal superfree food SO am I ok to have a fruit salad stright after and that can be my superfree food??? :confused:

Yes but just beans and jacket is green plan and not EE. EE you can have meat as well so some slices of ham with it ;)

I want to do extra EE though. My evening meal would have mince in it. You are allowed to have beans and a jacket with a fruit salad on EE though? It doesnt mean you then have to do the green plan all day does it? EE is the the 2 plans married together so you get the best of them both, or so my leader told me! :D

Yes you can have baked potatoe with beans on ee, i think lucy was just hinting at you to have some extra on top ;)

As far as I know, as long as you have 1/3 superfree with each meal, it doesnt matter what the content of the rest of the meal is (within the obvious guidelines). I have never seen it said anywhere that to follow extra easy you must have meat on your plate.

Yes you can have baked potatoe with beans on ee, i think lucy was just hinting at you to have some extra on top ;)

I cant quite believe how much you CAN eat. Ill be suprised to lose any weight! Thanks ladies.

On EE you can have anything that is free on either red or green but a third of your plate must be superfree food. In addition you must have only one HEA and one HEB choice. You count syns as whichever is lowest on red or green.

Potato and beans is free on EE but neither is superfree food

There are different plans. You may find the mix to max plan better for you. This is where you have 3 meals a day and superfree as snacks. The three meals can be either red OR green meals. You dont have to make a third of your plate superfree and you can have all your healthy extras. So if you have a green lunch ie your jacket and beans then you could have for example mince for tea with a HE of wholemeal pasta. Breakfast could be bacon and eggs with a HE wholemeal toast. Snacks could include anything superfree like fruit, most veg, ff yoghurt, eggs, ff cottage cheese etc. Hope that makes sense. There are different plans. The whole point of EE is so you can mix both red and green together but with less HEs. The difference between red and green is mainly that one focuses on meat and the other on carbs. Therefore you are allowed to mix the two. Honestly it is very easy once you get into it - promise. x

Back