New and Advice needed

Discussion in 'Orlistat (Xenical)' started by deedee23, 13 January 2011 Social URL.

1. deedee23

deedee23 Member

Hi everyone

I started xenical 2 days ago. I was prescribed them by my Dr, I am 15s 2lb and my aim is to get to at least 11s. I was unsure whether to take the tablets at first as I'd tried lots of slimming pills in the past which hadn't worked and so thought these wouldn't. After talking to a friend who had lost on them and then reading your forum it gave me hope so fingers crossed they do the trick.

I only received the leaflet that came with the tablets and so require further information. Am I right in thinking that you are to only eat foods that have 5g or less of fat per 100g and that no meal should be more than 15g of fat in total.

Please let me know if there's any other important information I should know.

Im not going to get on the scales until next weds so keeping everything crossed.

All help greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. deedee23

deedee23 Member

Since writing my post I have come across the advice page which answered my questions above and was very helpful.

4. desireeanne

desireeanne Full Member

Start Weight:
    23st9.5lb
    Current Weight:
    23st5.1lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4.4lb(1.33%)
    Diet:
    skinny fibre ,
    hi deedee im new here as well i looked them up on line before getting mine goodluck

5. Alex_1978

Alex_1978 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st11lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    10st4lb(49.48%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Xenical until March 2011 then Weight Watchers, now Exante (from 4/9/11)
    Hello and welcome to you both. It sounds like you've got the rules sussed out, so you should be fine!
    Good luck with your goals!
    :D

6. *Emma

*Emma Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    15st12.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st13.5lb(11%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi DeeDee, yep those are the guidelines! If you stick to these rules, you shouldn't experience any of the side effects. Good luck, let us know how you get on! :)

7. Tiitanium

Tiitanium Gold Member

Start Weight:
    23st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st0lb
    Lost(%):
    12st11lb(54.91%)
    Diet:
    Low Fat/Exercise
    yeah you should be fine with them rules they worked for me :) x

8. deedee23

deedee23 Member

Thanks for the encouragement. I've been counting my fat content and calories over the last few days and I only have about 700 calories and between 10g & 15g of fat a day which my body has been used to for years (well the calories are higher once a week when I am forced to drink wine). Is it really true that I need to try and eat more fat (it just doesn't make sense).

Example of a days menu:

Breakfast - mullerlight yoghurt
    Lunch- low fat super noodles
    Dinner- salad with jacket pot/low fat cottage cheese
    Snacks - apple/skinny cow lolly

All advice appreciated, thank you.

9. Passiflora

Passiflora Dasvidaniya FAT & FLAB!!

Diet:
    WW
    Hi deedee, you will need to eat more than 700 calories per day. The say a good amount for dieters is about 1200 calories per day. Whilst at first the weight will drop off at 700cal, it's really no enough to keep your body going on a daily basis.

Looking at your menu, I would really try and bulk up your breakfast, you need a little more substance first thing in the morning. Perhaps put your yoghurt over some cereal? Also have some fruit with your lunch. There's not much protein in your menu. Protein is a clever little devil, because it keeps you fuller for longer. I'd be lost without my chicken!!

Good luck!
    xx

10. *Emma

*Emma Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    15st12.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st13.5lb(11%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I definitely agree with Passiflora, I don't think you're eating enough calories. Try bulking your food out with more protein and fruit and veg.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.