New and confused

cindyloulou

Hi I am new to this board and I need help with trying to figure out how to do the low carb diet

I am 45 years old with alot of belly fat!!
3 years ago I had cancer and then a years later I had to have open heart surgery because of the radiation did damage to the main artery to my heart
So needless to say I kept everything inside and ate my stress

I am very confused about the low carb ...I read that you eat lean meat but then some websites say that pepperoni is a great snack

what are some good hints and great foods that you have found helps you stay on track

What is the best low carb diet?

and is it really important to do the 2 week induction on Atkins?

I know this is going to be hard for me because I LOVE my sweets
as for breads and pasta i'm ok with not having them...mealtime is not a challenge for me ...its evening snacking that kills me :-(

Thanks for listening to me blah blah blah about my life :) and I hope someone has some great tips for me
<3
:eek:

Gary Taubes, book is good why do we get fat..
Wheat belly , is also very enlightening William Davis MD

You can start by reducing your intake of bread, rice, pasta, potatoes, biscuits, cakes, sweets, candy bars etc. increasing your intake of tree nuts (not peanuts) good fats like olive oils, nut oils in cooking and on veg and salads, increasing your intake of coloured veg - spinach, broccoli, kale, salad veg, courgettes, cauliflower, etc eating quality cuts of meat, beef, lamb, pork chicken and fish

I use myfitnesspal to track my food cals and % of carbs fats etc is a web site and a iPhone app.

I bought the books on kindle was a bit cheaper or a 2nd hand copy off amazon

Hey hun, Celebrity slim is a great low carb meal replacement 'diet', but I would be sure to check with your doctor before starting a meal replacement as it may not be suitable!
One thing you can do though - swap out high carb things for low carb alternatives, a great website is the lowcarbmegastore, it has lots of low carb breads, etc. I love it. A low carb alternative to pasta is shiritaki/konnyaku, the taste isn't the same, but it fills the void, lol.

Here is a link to a celebrity slim what can I eat list, it should give you an idea of low carb foods!
What can I eat? | Celebrity Slim

xx

Back