New and Excited

MrsThomas35

Hello!
Doing SW from home. Tomorrow will be day 6, finding it all ok so far...ish!
Feel like I'm chained to the kitchen at times, cooking from scratch 3 meals a day for a family of four (poor kids haha)
is quite tiring! Thank goodness I'm not at work! (Currently off sick due to chronic back pain), I feel for the workers, you work twice as hard! Shopping bill was extortionate last week, buying spices and frylights from scratch is not cheap but I know they will last and it will all be worth it! Struggle with breakfasts, I'm not a great eater in the morning but have been making myself, actually feel so much better for it. Good luck to you all. Let's do this!

We travel for about an hour to our nearest. We find asda is about as good as your going to get for prices on quiet a few items. Still do the usual round of poundland for staple foods like chopped tomatoes then asda for the rest.

Thinking I'll hit the shops late at night to see if I can get some reduced items that I can freeze etc, have heard people get veg for less than 10pence! Would be great for soups which I could freeze! Pays to do it homework lol.

Batch cooking soups to freeze, in 10l pots.

Witches n caldrons! Or something.

Just watch the blender at the end, blend in smaller batches to prevent letting the smoke out of it! Ours started to smell a bit funny after 10 minutes....

You can also buy spices in bulk online :)

Hi Mrs....
Yep cooking everything does take time but it is something you can easily get into the swing of. I like to cook on Sunday and make things to freeze for the week. But there arevtimes when I am rushing around and find bought frozen vegetables a blessing too. Our local butcher now has his own SW range of meats so some packs of those in the freezer are handy too.
(I'm not on SW but teach a cookery class where half the students are)

Hi Tiperary
Yes my local butcher sells SW sausages, burgers and vegetable roll, I have stocked up and am in fact having the burgers tonight, yummy!
I had the sausages last night and made my own gravy!

Attachments

• IMG-20170605-WA0002.jpeg
    IMG-20170605-WA0002.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 4
Great, I must look at some of ours as they should have a low fat content.

Hi there I'm new here too and also doing sw from home so hoping you don't mind that I'm going to pinch some of these tips. But here's one from me I've laminated an old food diary from sw so I can write on it in colouring pen (or white board skinny marker pen if your posh! ha ha) then after the day is done wipe it over with a dry cloth or a wet wipe and it's ready for day 2 or 3 or 257 if you catch my drift.
Hope u enjoy your weight loss journey

Hiya. Its going ok! Kind of stuck... lost a stone and have another stone to go but it will not shift... im walking 5 miles 3 times a week so am thinking i need to up that or do some other form of exercise? I need to be careful with my back thou? X

Wow five miles three times a week that's pretty impressive. So have you thought how you would up that? Just more walking or something else?especially if you have to be careful of your back!

Im thinking of doing some ab work? I think to lose weight u need to sweat, although im covering miles im doing it in 90 minutes so maybe its not enough vigorous exercise? Im stuck at 13 stone, my personal preference is 12 stone, maybe 11'10, im 5ft 11 so that would get me into a size 12. Its a dream haha xx

Yes I think your right, sweat is the key, I been doing the fitness DVD 30 day shred (it's a killer) but I'm hoping it helps towards the fight against the flab. I'm sure you are more than capable of losing that last bit of weight and achieving the mighty size 12 (or should I say measly size 12)
Keep me updated as I'm so nosey and really love hearing how others are doing on their weight loss journeys.

Back