New and Freaking Out!

JadeKC

Hi all ;),

I will be starting Lipotrim tomorrow and am very freaked out :(. I have tried dozens of times to lose this extra weight and have failed time and time again. It's very frustrating as I'm sure a lot of you know. I have been overweight my entire life and have only ever managed to lose a few pounds here and there but have always regained the weight and then some. I'm terrified that I will fail yet again.

Shockingly, I actually have quite good self-esteem. I learned a long time ago to accept myself for who I am and whatever I look like but for health reasons, I know I need to shed a few of these extra pounds to live life to the fullest. I know that this diet is very effective but also very very difficult to maintain due to the restrictive nature of the program and this is what worries me. I am not only an emotional eater but I eat when I'm bored or lonely too :'(.

Essentially, I'm just wondering if, during those darker moments, was there anything anyone did or didn't do that helped them get through it? Ha, I start tomorrow and I'm already thinking about failing lol.

I think this site itself will be my final destination in those darker moments. Everyone here sounds so very supportive and kind :). Never mind the inspirational nature of the posts, everyone has done amazingly well and you are all why I am here trying again :). You all are so strong and encouraging just by posting your progress and failings. It makes me feel like if I have a setback or give in, I'm not alone and can work through it. Better still, it makes me feel like I could do it too :).

Jade

Awww Hun just focus on the goal you want to achieve and keep that at the forefront of your mind during the hard times..I have just completed day 3 of lipotrim and I'm pretty sure the worst is over...

Also, don't set yourself up to fail, tell yourself that you CAN and WILL do this. Once the pounds start shedding it will give you more of an incentive to carry in

Also, most importantly, take it one day at a time!

Hope this helps xx

Jade

Good luck for your start tomorrow. Most of your demons are in your head, not your stomach and even though you may feel like you're going to die of hunger at some points, you won't I promise. Take one day at a time and drink lots of water. Write stuff down why you want to lose weight. Revisit those thoughts at the tough times, they do pass, you just have to stay focussed. I am/was and emotional eater too and you sound like I felt at the beginning. The forum is the only thing that's kept me going and I've just finished day 148. LT gave me the space to think dispassionately about food and why I've been overeating since I was 6/7yo. Still a way to go, but it's the most effective diet I've ever done.

Best wishes

Kay x x x

I hardly ever feel hungry. I just eat because I like it and it's there.

My strategies are sitting in my, 'playroom' (where my computer is) which is upstairs. That's well away from the kitchen.
I take with me a 2L bottle of fizzy water and a pint glass so I can stay away from the kitchen for hours on end.

Every time I go into the kitchen I open the fridge - it's a real struggle for me to not take food out. It's a really ingrained habit for me, even now. When I have to cook or make my son's school lunch I often make my shake at the same time so I know I am going to get food too. After a while it becomes easier to cook without wanting any.

I also say, "don't do it, don't do it" when I think about putting food in my mouth.

The first week is often the hardest for most people. You may feel hungry, sick, headachey, tired, dizzy and snappy but this will pass by day 3-4 when you hit ketosis and then you will probably have smelly breath :D

It's a very good diet though - Just try to stick to it 100% for 7 days and you'll be amazed. After that the bad symptoms vanish and you feel good. The only thing that I suffer from with it is boredom and constipation - you can take fibre for the constipation though.

Good luck! :)

Back