new and hoping to stick to it

Hi i'm cayla,

I'm 23 and have done slimming world before for a few months but then life problems meant that it took a back burner and I have put on a lot of weight since(or what i feel is a lot of weight for my height and personally). My biggest issue is that i lovelovelove all the bad stuff, fish chips and mushy peas being a favourite and I live on my own so don't tend to bother cooking anything good for just myself. I need educating on easy quick recipes that are healthy and still just as fulfilling!

I'm also a biscuit fiend so any suggestions there would be great :rolleyes:

Thanks,

Cayla

Hi Cayla,

I am embarking on the SW journey too. If the government said all curries, pizzas, chinese and fish and chips were healthy eating I would be in heaven!
Biscuits = tea dunking; cheese and biscuits = Wine! I nominate myself the No.1 salad dodger. My tip? Don't buy them, just don't have anything like this in the house as the temptation is too great.

I think trying to plan ahead is great if you can. Fill up on free food, which can include quick to prepare branded foods and keep a record of everything. And if the munchies get too bad......... have a low cal alternative or just have a biscuit, life is too short to deny yourself everything! You will get some great help and motivation from the members on this site, check out all the different threads.

Thank you for the insight and advice! I think it probably will be best to keep the baddies out of the house so my moments of weakness are a bit more difficult!
Yeah i've seen that party rings are a low syn choice and i'm so glad mushy peas are a free food, so with slimming world chips i'll be satiated hopefully :)
looking forward to starting this journey and discovering more!

Thank you for the insight and advice! I think it probably will be best to keep the baddies out of the house so my moments of weakness are a bit more difficult!
Yeah i've seen that party rings are a low syn choice and i'm so glad mushy peas are a free food, so with slimming world chips i'll be satiated hopefully :)
looking forward to starting this journey and discovering more!

Hi Cayla. Welcome to the forum and well done on getting into losing the weight.
Seems like you are already finding your way with it and I am sure you will soon be seeing some great losses too.
I think most of us on here will be saying a resounding "Here! Here!" to being addicted to lots of yummy stuff and overeating into the bargain.
Take care and all the very best in your journey... :)

Thank you Emmaline it's really nice to feel supported, and I've downloaded the app so even if I get tempted while i'm out of the house, I can find something that will hopefully follow plan :). At first it seems daunting to go on a *diet* but it's not a diet at all with so many options and ideas on here that i'd have never thought of
Thanks guys!

Hi Cayla,and it good to see you are a normal person with normal loves :) my love for fish chips and mushy peas has continued on my SW journey, slimming world chips baked cod dipped in scan bran and mushy peas is one of my favourites, and by the way don't let your group leader hear you call SW a "diet" it's a lifestyle change, :) (an in group joke) I hope you do really well mate ;)

Hi I'm Nic

Cayla we sound quite similar. I too live on my own and sometimes think there is no point cooking properly for myself. But I have tried to change my mind set. Started slimming world last week and am 4lb down at the moment!
Usually stick to green days as I love potatoes, rice, pasta etc. Always look to these forums for inspiration and for new meal ideas etc and thought I would join in!
Just found this quote thought I'd share 'I'm not losing weight - I'm getting rid of it. I have no intention of finding it again.'

Back