Induction New and so scared of fat haha!

mrsmako

Hello guys!

Hope your all well! Well I am new to the atkins and I understand the science behind it but logically in my head I am just saying 'Thats too much fat'

Do you guys monitor how much fat you have or do you just monitor your net carbs?

How much do you have a day?

I had about 65grams yesterday and today I am already up to 72grams!

Help!

Thank you!

xxx Jazz xxx

72g? Is that all?:p:D

I average 100-110g of fat, round about 90-100g of protein and 20-25g of carbohydrate per day. Between 60-70% of the calories that I eat come from fat, mostly saturated and mono-unsaturated.

And I can assure you I am not in the slightest worried by it :D. I don't believe that natural fats have ever been the enemy - we evolved eating them. The enemies are refined sugars, refined carbohydrate and unnatural fats - all the junk that has only been in our diets within the last century or so and for which we're now paying with unprecedented levels of obesity, heart disease and diabetes.

I DO understand the fear, though. The anti-fat message has been hammered home so forcefully for so long that it takes quite a shift in thinking to accept that that message is wrong. I recommend going to YouTube and watching some lectures by people like Gary Taubes, Dr Robert Lustig, Dr Andreas Eenfeldt, or this one in 5 parts Big Fat Fiasco pt. 1 - YouTube by Tom Naughton. Hopefully they can help set your mind at rest.

Good luck!

Last edited:
75g? Is that all?:p

Ha ha, just what I was thinking!

Yup, I was scared to begin with. For a good few weeks I had this fear that I would keel over with a heart attack. Instead I just started feeling really, really GOOD.

I don't count my fat grams, but I have a LOT. Over 100g a day I expect, and mostly animal and dairy fats, although I do eat nuts and use olive oil sometimes. Main sources are butter, pork eg bacon or crackling, and coconut oil. Saturated all the way, baby.

I also use quite a lot of salt.....:eek: :D

Agree that when i started it was difficult! Now i naturally turn to fat when i'm hungry as really saites your appetite - my favourite snacks are pork crackling and cheese bites:)

Back