new and want to introduce myself

natnat

hi every1.just wanted to introduce myself.i have pcos and have been trying to lose weight for a while now.just wondered if any1 has any advive or maybe people who have pcos themselves and have managed to lose weight.
xnatx

hi, having pcos definately affects your weight and metabolism as it alters your insulin resistance. i found even with healthy eating and exercise i could not sustain a good weight loss, iv started cd 3 packets week 2 now,the weightloss itself will correct the pcos and balance the hormones again..

im goin to do slimming world.i have done it i the past and lost weight but since developing pcos i have been unable to lose weight on it so my doc suggested doin the red dys so that i will only be having small amounts of carbs.
xnatx

i am on metformin and hoping that will help as wel as doing slimming world it seems like i am never going to shift the weight
xnatx

Hi natnat and welcome to the minimins board. I'm sure you'll find loads of good advice and support and encouragement here. :wavey:

Hi Nat
Have you been on the VERITY website ? My dietician directed me to this PCOS support site and i found it very helpful for that specific condition.
I was prescribed Metformin and found that it really helped to regulate my sugar cravings and many other symptoms i didn't even realise were due to PCOS. Unfortunately for me it regulated a previously non existent menstrual cycle and the PMT i experienced was debilatating so i had to come off it but i had a good burst of weight loss for the short time i was on it.

Jayne

There is so much support and encouragment here, you will do great. Good Luck!

Hello & welcome to Minimins :)

Back