• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

new and want to introduce myself

blush

S: 13st0lb G: 9st7lb
hi, having pcos definately affects your weight and metabolism as it alters your insulin resistance. i found even with healthy eating and exercise i could not sustain a good weight loss, iv started cd 3 packets week 2 now,the weightloss itself will correct the pcos and balance the hormones again..

C: 12st10lb G: 8st7lb
im goin to do slimming world.i have done it i the past and lost weight but since developing pcos i have been unable to lose weight on it so my doc suggested doin the red dys so that i will only be having small amounts of carbs.
xnatx

S: 25st0lb C: 13st1lb G: 13st1lb BMI: 24.1 Loss: 11st13lb(47.71%)
Hi natnat and welcome to the minimins board. I'm sure you'll find loads of good advice and support and encouragement here. :wavey:

S: 21st0lb C: 18st5lb G: 10st7lb BMI: 47 Loss: 2st9lb(12.59%)
Hi Nat
Have you been on the VERITY website ? My dietician directed me to this PCOS support site and i found it very helpful for that specific condition.
I was prescribed Metformin and found that it really helped to regulate my sugar cravings and many other symptoms i didn't even realise were due to PCOS. Unfortunately for me it regulated a previously non existent menstrual cycle and the PMT i experienced was debilatating so i had to come off it but i had a good burst of weight loss for the short time i was on it.

Jayne

S: 11st11lb C: 11st11lb G: 9st4lb Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
There is so much support and encouragment here, you will do great. Good Luck!