new approach

slimmermcs2012

I'm on day 3 of the healthy eating plan.Going well but i have decided not to even go near the scales.I will go on my last weigh-in and take it from there.I get too obsessed about numbers and i think thats where i am going wrong.I am just concentrating on eating healthy foods,and feeling good about myself.I walk about an hour aday,and when i feel fitter i will start at the gym to boost the weightloss.Hope you are all doing well i will stick at it :)

Well done on keeping at it. The scales is the divil for me too, it can really dictate how I feel about myself and lead me to making stupid food choices. The only time I find it benefits is when I feel I've had a gain and the reality check is useful. I hope you are enjoying eating good food. :D

I don't know will i ever get into this healthy eating again : /I need to all my trousers are getting too tight and i am NOT getting a size bigger size.Now christmas is around the corner there are even more temptations,most people can control there eating why can't i.Here we go again Day 1 from today.I will write my menue at the end of each day and exercise(which really is'nt a problem as i take the dog out for nearly an hour everyday)Back later x

Keep going .... you sound just like me though! I am finding it really tough ... I keep joining WW and not sticking at it.
Going to join you guys on the HE forum. Let's take one day at a time ....

Good Luck.. those trousers will get loose soon! ;)

Hey - how are you getting on?
Don't not do it just because Christmas is coming up - that's an even better reason! We all tend to put on a pound or several - if you just choose something healthier a few times, you are reducing the amount of weight you have to tackle in January.... I'd rather have to lose an extra couple of lb than 7, which is what I put on last year over Christmas!
So stick with it - this is the best time of year to do it!
Kate

Hello I'm back!!Got all the christmas goodies out of the way.Got hubby and older daughter on board so hopefully we can all give each other support.Just has 3 slices of med brown toast with a tin of tomatoes lots of black pepper :)Back later

Well done, it feels good to have the goodies out of the way doesnt it!!!

Thanks shrinkingannie,stupid really did'nt want to waste them,but knew i was adding more unwanted pounds on :/ Not really felt hungry today but more thirsty so had 3 satsumas.There is some chicken leftover from last night so going to add some leeks mushrooms and curry sauce and have some boiled rice with that.Walked about 30mins with the dog round the park,which i always enjoy :)Day 1 nearly over

Last edited:
Hello all,
I'm back too ..... New Year, New Start!

Good Luck to everyone ;)

I hate the scales too they dont help me, so Im going to WI in 7 weeks (hopefully) and Im hoping that will be a stone off and then Ill do another 8 week blast and hopefully that will be me a lot nearer to where I want to be - ready to eat healthy forever with an odd treat here and ther

hello,well things where going well until one of the customers at work brought in some ferrero rochers as a late christmas present.It was a big box and i shared them with a workmate,even so i could of kicked myself.Then everything was shovelled into my mouth :'( Today is a brand new day,and i have been good so far having tomatoes on toast,and 3 weetabix with a sliced banana.I am feeling a little hungry,and i need to go shopping for some healthy snacks instead of sneakin anymore bread.I have been suffering from bad headaches and i am sure its because of my rubbish diet so i really need to stick to this.I have walked 20mins this morning with the dog and will do the same in a couple of hours.Turkey tikka for tea with vegetables,will be ready for it,back soon :)

Day 2,yesterday went well.Got 30mins walking in this morning before it rained :).Went to Morrissons and got some healthy foods loads of muller yoghurts.After putting the shopping away i had 2 eat smart hot cross buns with half a banana in each one and a unsweetened cappuccino, but i put hermasetas in.Bought some WW desserts after reading one of them is 180 cals,so really they WILL be a treat.Back later :)Went for a well earned sleep, up early.Just polished off a eat smart lasagne and some salad,rather satisfied.At least i have some yoghurts to fall back on if i need a sweet cravin' :)

Last edited:
Here we are another day.Felt hungry about 9.30 last night so i had a small apple and an apricot yoghurt,i did'nt want to give in to bread.I think i will have some porridge this morning made with mostly water the cool down with skimmed milk and i have hermasetas for the sweetness.Think i will get some more salad stuffs today, enjoyed it last night, although not had salad in a long time.I plan to get in a walk in sometime today,just hope the weather improves,back later.In the end did'nt fancy porridge,so i had some scrambled egg on toast,no butter and skimmed milk.Need to get my ass movin.Sunday is the only lie-in i get so i tend to be lazy,will have to change :/

Last edited:
Another good day yesterday :)Teatime,I ended up having a large ham salad with reduced fat coleslaw and some crushed pineapples with a vanilla yoghurt.Just come back with the dog and walked 35mins listening to some pumpin' sounds.Rather hungry so had some brown toast with tinned spaghetti and a handful of reduced fat cheese,no butter:)Had another 30mins in the park with the dog.Before i left i put some stewing beef in the oven with some mushrooms,garlic and leeks and oxo.The smell when i walked in the house was devine.Thickened it with granules and had some broccli and sweetcorn.Still have some pineapple left from last night so if i feel peckish later will have that :)

Last edited:
Hiya ! Sounds like its going really well for you :)
Im the same with the weighing myself. I actually got quite obessed with it the past two weeks, so now im banning myself from using them ! Im just going to use my clothes size to tell how much weight Ive lost xx

Thanks Ammeh,I am just going from when i got weighed about a week ago and perhaps once a month get weighed.Like you said you can tell by your clothes and even in myself not feeling bloated and uncomfortable due to overeating :( Thinking of starting the gym again tomorrow.I do enjoy it when i get into it,will start off gently.I do walk the dog an hour a day,so it's really sorting the willpower out :/

Went to the gym for the first time in months.Went on the treadmill for 30mins speed 4.2 and the incline 5.5.I am quite active for a fatty,taking the dog out an hour a day.Then soon as i got in, put the dog's lead on and took him out for 30mins phew,my legs are still tingling now,but its all good :)Just finished a cappuccino,think i will have mushrooms on toast,made with skimmed milk and thickened with a little cornflour :)I was hungry at about 1 so i had 3 weetabix skimmed milk and a sliced banana,and a can of diet pepsi.Teatime i shall have a WW lasagne and salad.Just walked 30mins round the park,which included kicking his ball.

Last edited:
Had some mashed banana between two slices of brown bread no butter.Went out for lunch with a friend not really hungry but did'nt want any bread so i had a jacket potato with cheese dont think it was low fat and a spoonfull of baked beans.Walked about forty mins today.I'm hungry now but dont know what i want :/ I ended up having eat smart mushroom soup with a slice of bread

Last edited:
Well another year older :/Went to the gym this morning,burnt off 400cals ready for my birthday luns=ch.Had poached eggs on toast for breakie.Lunch was garlic mushrooms in a stilton sauce with 2 slices of garlic bread.Main course was mushroom, cranberry and brie wellington, with jacket potato carrots,green beans and a cheese sauce.Desert was a small portion of bread and butter pudding with ice cream.I wont be having anything else to eat, i feel bloated but it is my burfday :)Back to it tomorrow

An hours walk this morning,i was walking at a steady pace as the dog wanted me to kick his ball around the park :/what we have to do.Had a bowlful of porridge,made with mostly water a splash of skimmed milk and sweetner to taste,had with a sliced banana.Walked into town to do an errand another 40mins walk came home had a cuppa and one natural valley biscuit approx 100 cals.Put some braising steak,leeks and oxo in the oven will have that with cauli,broccli and sweetcorn.Another 30mins with the dog later.Trying to cut down this week to compensate on yesterdays birthday feast so i can get a loss at the end of next week.Oh my first weigh-in this morning 7lbs loss which i am happy about :)

Back