New Beginer

Eternalflame

Excited about the new me!
Good afternoon :D

After buying the book and seeing 2 of my friends shrink :eek:, by doing the Dukan. I want to give this a go before my holiday. I am starting this on Monday and will finish on Saturday. This will give me the idea of what I need to do, when I return from the hols, so i can then venture onto this for a few months.. I have a few questions:

• What does everyone eat?
  • It says you can have vanillla, plain and coconut yogurt but also some with fruit puree in, that are fat free, what make does everyone get?
  • Can you use fresh herbs?
  • Do you take the skin off of Fish?
  • Do people use the recipe for the pancake and is the one from the book, the best one, or has anyone tweeked it to make it better and still allowed?
Sorry for all the questions, need to start looking at making my meal plan for next week, before shopping on Sunday for it all.

Many thanks
Nikki x

Last edited:
Hi there and welcome.

Have a look at people's menus (we don't mind) in the stickies post and you will see that there is a lot of choices.

Yogurts are a controversial topic as you will see if you search the topic (top right hand side of the forum box). I use total 0% greek and floavour it myself. I had mullerlights but they have sugar in so won't be buying anymore.

Fresh herbs are fine.

I don't take the skin off my fish but I don't know what the official line is on that.

The galette recipe in the stickies part (search "foolproof galette") works for me and I love it with yogurt flavoured with lime juice and sweetner.

Hope that helps x

Welcome! You're not allowed coconut or fruit flavoured yoghurts, the only ones sort of allowed - and there's a big discussion on this topic - are Muller light toffe and vanilla but as stmcalee says it's better to have 0% greek yoghurt and flavour it yourself.

the diet is not designed to start on a monday and finish on a saturday its a four stage plan and if you just want a quick fix over a week , be prepared to put on what you have lost and more the following week

You are allowed coconut yogurt, its just we dont have any fat free, sugar free ones in the UK ;)

Skin on fish is fine, if you like it. But chicken it as to be removed.

Hmm - what do you mean by "finish the diet"?

In order to keep weight off you have to continue to follow almost exactly the same rules in consolidation, 5 days for every 1lb lost.

Scrumpers right - what you lose in the first week is water, not fat - and that water will be straight back on as soon as you stop following the Dukan plan.

Sorry - I just re-read your first post.

To be honest, I'd wait until after your holiday to start. Attack is tough on your body, and it really doesn't work as well the 2nd time around as the first.

All you will be doing by starting, stopping, and starting again is forcing your body to yo-yo wildly, and stressing it unneccessarily.

Better to enjoy your hols next week, then start in earnest when you get back.

Thanks Atropos. I might do that. Was just going to get used to it, before I went so I knew what I was doing when I got back really.. Food for thought so to speak. I'm currently doing SW and on mostly red days so maybe thats best to continue with until I get back.. Its only 10 days away anyway. Do you think it will be better to go right onto that once I get back from hols?

Thanks. :)

Back