New Beginning... Magiclove's Diary

Spanglymum said:
Off to the hospital again this afternoon. Really hope they get to the bottom of what's wrong with me eventually so I can stop having all these tests!

Hope you'll get better soon hun. Not knowing what's wrong with you must be very frustrating and worrying.
BMI 25.1 is NOT overweight! How ridiculous. Honestly they should change this system as its simply not accurate!

Lost 9lbs :)
I'm happy but I am seriously disappointed with the quality of service I'm receiving from LL. The packs are vile and the support, at least at my counsellor's, is non exsistent.
Gotta think my options through...

I'm happy but I am seriously disappointed with the quality of service I'm receiving from LL. The packs are vile and the support, at least at my counsellor's, is non exsistent.
Hello well done on your loss how much is LL please? you seem to be doing well. x

Hi Magda. How was weigh-in?

Doh!!!

Should have read your post properly! 9 lb is awesome!

What's wrong with the counsellor? Could you switch?

Last edited:
MagdaX said:

Hi Mags,
Well done 9lbs loss fantastic Hun.
Will you carry on with the packs then.... If you dislike them so much??

Sexy xx

Don't know hun. I have some Exante packs left so I might mix and match. I probably would tolerate them more if I was happy with my counsellor but at the moment I simply cannot justify the price I'm paying for the quality of service I'm receiving. The very reason I decided to go back on LL was to get the support. At the moment I'm not getting it at all.
We'll see what happens. I still plan on doing meal replacement I might just tweak it to suit me and my lifestyle better.

Spangly. I lost 9lbs :)
How are you doing?

Fell off the wagon big time last night. Not sounding negative but I knew this would happen. I still cannot seem to deal with my issues without reaching out for food. I'm in a desperate need of CBT :(
Back to drawing board..

Oh, sweetie. It's hard, isn't it? ((hugs))

I find it helps to see my issues as coming from what I eat rather than the other way around. I mean that instead of thinking 'oh it's because I can't cope that I comfort myself with XYZ' it's actually sugar/carb addiction that is making me crave XYZ, and if I can eat things that help reduce my cravings then I won't have to battle all the time.

I found it really tough being back on a vlcd again. I've tried since the beginning of the year but my body just wasn't having it! The mental battles were exhausting. It's a really difficult way to lose weight unless it's absolutely the right time for you. I've switched back to low carb and after three days I just feel so much calmer and kinder to myself (although I'm having wobbles around the concept of actually being allowed to eat yummy food!!)

Or maybe it would help if you had a counsellor you felt more supported by/in tune with. I'm not sure. Only you know what's right for you - but it makes me feel sad to see you struggling. I totally know how it feels because I've spent the past seven months struggling myself! Xx

MagdaX said:
Fell off the wagon big time last night. Not sounding negative but I knew this would happen. I still cannot seem to deal with my issues without reaching out for food. I'm in a desperate need of CBT :(
Back to drawing board..

Hi magdax, long time no hear! Stick with it, you probably have heard that before but it's true.
Ll is such alot off money and you are paying for the foods packs, research and councilling. I changed my counsellor and found a fab one, first I would suggest you try and have a heart to heart, explain what you feel you need from her and your group sessions, if no better then find a new one.
I am on maintenance so I go for monthly WI, but have been struggling for the last few months gaining about 20 lbs so now have been popping in weekly, no group and using a mix of exante and low carb think its working. Sat is WI so will see, have also increased except use again so all in all I'm finally moving to the right place personally for me to lose this weight.
It is better some days, busier at work which helps so mainly evenings and weekend issues. I did get some of the work books out again and for me it's crooked thinking I think that pushes my buttons, don't seem to have a particular trigger, but starting to recognise some situations and very proudly went to sainsbury last nite and came out with bottle of skimmed milk which I had gone in for and no other food (chocolate!!!) so happy with my small victory.... I did buy a couple of tops .... I need more clothes like a whole in the head! My wardrobes are overflowing and still I have 'nothing to wear'! What's that all about??
Keep your chin up and try and focus on your goal, 9lbs is over half a stone and a fab loss, put any blips behind you
Jx

MagdaX said:
Day 1. Again..

Hay mags,
It's a lot of money to be messing about on...have a rethink Hun??
Good luck!

Sexy xx

Hay mags,
It's a lot of money to be messing about on...have a rethink Hun??
Good luck!

Sexy xx

I wouldn't call it 'messing about'. It's clear I am struggling with my deamons. It's not easy and not everyone just sails through it. Thanks for the advice though. I'll have a 'rethink'

Hi Magda. I hope you don't mind me jumping in. I had similar experiences to yourself. I lost a lot of weight with Cambridge a few years back and put a lot of it back on over about 2 years for various reasons. I knew a vlcd was the best way for me to get back on track but couldn't get my head in the game at all. I kept managing 1 day, then 3 days and sometimes a week before giving up.
All of a sudden, I really felt I had to get it right and promised myself that I would just do 4 weeks, and then stop if I wanted to. U joined LL and after speaking to a few llc's found one I got on with. Through doing the work on crooked thinking I have managed to stay on this plan since the end of Jan and I am nearly 5st down. I have had a lot of wobbles on the way though.

Perhaps it would help to write a huge list of all the things that make you want to lose weight, and all the advantages of going it this way (as opposed to WW etc) and how you will feel after doing it a week etc. maybe say you will just do a week, and see how you feel? Then you can just do another week.....
This diet is really hard. But you can do it, which is why you are still trying. You only fail if you give up.

MagdaX said:
I wouldn't call it 'messing about'. It's clear I am struggling with my deamons. It's not easy and not everyone just sails through it. Thanks for the advice though. I'll have a 'rethink'

Hi mags,
I was only saying it because I've done it myself....a few times...and I found it so dam hard each time!

Did get there in the end though lol.

If your determined enough... you will do it hunnie.

Take care.

Sexy xx

Hi Magda - I just wanted to leave a comment to say thank you so much for being open about your process. I find this super hard too, and it is comforting to know I'm not alone. I think you have shown that you want this by starting the diet, you're already perceiving that there are reasons why you are doing things you don't 'want' to do, and that you will work your head out and get through it. Good luck!

Back