New bloke says hello!

wayneonadiet

Hi All,

My names's Wayne and I've been doing Slimming World for 5 weeks now. Rather than attend the classes, I'm doing the Body Optimise web plan instead. I didn't want to be the only man in a class of 20-odd ladies although I'm sure they would all have been very friendly :)

I've lost 12.5 lbs so far and although I've got a long way to go to reach my ideal weight, I'll be happy just to be able to have a choice of clothes when I go shopping!

Hope everyone else is doing well and looking forward to getting lots of advice and inspiration.

regards
Wayne

Hi and welcome. Congratulations on your weight loss. Have you got much more to lose? You could start a diary in the SW section for extra support and encouragement. The members are really friendly and always ready to help.

You could also have a tracker to chart your losses

Irene xx

Hey Wayne,
Ohhh we love it when we get a fella lol. Welcome to this fanastic site.
Good luck with your losses.
Lynne x

welcome, sounds like your doing brilliant so far!! keep up the good work. im only on second week of slimming world but still loving it :D

Thanks for the greets! I've set up my progress ticker. My target is 15st initially although my recommended weight is 12st. To lose so much seemed really daunting so I set a more realistic target. I've been hovering around 18-19st for years and will be happy just to get down to a healthier weight and can progress from there.

I decided to start the diet last month after seeing myself in the mirror and realising how big I'd got. When the scales told me I was over 20st, I got scared. I couldn't believe how the weight had got away from me. So I'm determined to stick to it and take control again. So far so good!

regards
Wayne

Hi Wayne

Welcome to Mini's.

Congratulations on your weight loss so far! That's brilliant!
Im not doing SW myself but just wanted to say Hi and welcome!xxx

Welcome Wayne, I'm doing SW from home too although not Body Optimise. I'm on my second week but love the support and tips from this forum. Enjoy x

Welcome to Minimins :)

Hi

I am just about to start SW and off to join a class on Thursday.

I hope its not true that you lose more weight on red days as I am a vegetarian and will only be eating green food

Welcome to Mini's Wayne.

I like your username ... simple but to the point ;)

Ooohh...a MAN lol. We don't get many (enough) of those, but please don't let that scare you away! We are all very friendly over here. My name is Caryl and I am currently attempting to drop half my body weight with the Cambridge Diet. Been on the diet just over 3 months now and have dropped just under 5stone so far... just another 6 1/2stone to go...

Hi Wayne, fellow bloke here!

Welcome to Minimins, its a great site and you'll find lots of ideas, support, encouragement and motivation on here. :party0049:

I'm also doing the Cambridge Diet like Caryl (BishBosh) - I started at the end of July weighing 19st 5lbs and have lost just under 3 stone so far (now 17st 7lbs). I have also had success with Slimming World in the past; like you, tended to get better results on weeks with more 'red days' in, but still added 'green days' for variety. Its a good plan, especially if you tend to be a quantity eater (like I did!). :party0051:

I 100% understand your point about the class, although I must say the one I went to a couple of years ago was very friendly indeed and as the only bloke among 30 women they made me really welcome. Having said that, there was a hell of a lot of talking about HRT patches, constipation, Emmerdale, and endless lists with strange recipes on - e.g. 101 ways to eat corned beef. :ignore:

(Legal Disclaimer: I am sure this was not representative of a typical Slimming World class and I would like to reiterate what a great plan the SW diet is).

I may do a form of SW myself again in the future, but for now I am going to stick with Cambridge and then do their maintenance plan to introduce food/carbs again first.

Anyway, just wanted to say well done for your progress so far - keep us all posted on how you get on.

Have fun! :party0019:

Justin (Judders74)

Back