New book - HEXs!!

As far as I know its just Asda. I think the reason why they specified Asda is because of the weight being perfect for a HEX (55g) but to be honest any wholemeal pitta bread should be fine as long as it has as much or more fibre than the Asda one. If it weighs more then just syn the difference. I was doing that before this new change and it never harmed my weight loss. I love the food doctor pitta breads!

If anyone buys the asda pitta breads, would they mind sending me a message with all the nutritional information and ingredients off the back, so I can see if I can get an equivalent here in Canada.

Have SW always charged for renewal of books ? Surely as a member you should be given this new information for free and your weekly money should go towards that ?

Have SW always charged for renewal of books ? Surely as a member you should be given this new information for free and your weekly money should go towards that ?
We are being offered them at a third of the normal cost x

WOO! pitta!!!!

I do keep wondering if i should join a group but im too scared.

Hey Mrs D- the only thing you've got to lose is the lbs! I find it gives me much more focus, and it's time in the week just for me to talk to other people who are trying to do the same thing as me. Why don't you go along and see what they're like - you don't have to stay if you don't like it!! Good luck!

The Asda website shows the nutritional value of its products. The wholemeal pittas are 47p for 6.

I tried to give you a link to the relevant page, but something went amiss - not sure why, but if you go to the Asda website you will find it easily enough.

The Asda website shows the nutritional value of its products. The wholemeal pittas are 47p for 6.

I tried to give you a link to the relevant page, but something went amiss - not sure why, but if you go to the Asda website you will find it easily enough.

Oh yeah!!

Cookies Detecting!

I believe pitta breads have quite a high oil content so maybe Asda don't use as much

If the pitta bread one chooses is higher in oil, it would reflect in the overall calories and of course in any syns you eventually add to the HEX.

As far as I know, they don't usually offer new copies of books to existing members unless you choose to rejoin.

You do get all this information as part of your class for just the class fee. There's no rule to say that you can't make notes - all changes in plans are covered in classes so this will be no different. Information is also available on the SW website.

Changes in syn information are available in food directories (one in every class to look at, and you can buy if you wish) or for free online with your password from your class.

If you never stay then you may have a problem, but I'm sure if you spoke to your consultant, they'd be happy to run through anything important with you at a time that suits.

I think SW are offering new books to: a) make some money, and b) offer members a chance to update some very old books that don't include EE at all, or update less old books to one that includes everything.

Does that help?

Thanks paperclip....... I was under the impression it was mostly a money making issue (which is obviously fair enough since SW is a business and fair enough since people have the choice to buy or not to buy) :)

I've just bought some tesco wholemeal pitta bread and when I weighed it, it was 59g, how many syns do you think the 4 extra grams would be?

I've just bought some tesco wholemeal pitta bread and when I weighed it, it was 59g, how many syns do you think the 4 extra grams would be?
You would have to syn it all as it is not listed as a healthy extra. We can't assume it is made exactly the same way as the Asda ones which are listed.

Ok thanks :( It's 7.5 syns for one so I'll not be bothering with those!

Back