New Books / weights - positive and negatives

Question on the oats?
Do you have to "cook" them or would putting boiling water/milk on them in a food flask or from a thermos work?

Thinking it might be an option for a quick grab on the way to work to eat when I get there.
I don't have time to wait for it to cool enough to eat at home and it's about a 40 min drive to work so they're cold when I get there.
I do get there 10 mins early so could eat then but with 3 mins prep time, again not long enough to cook AND eat.

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

I don't microwave my oat so simple. I don't like using the microwave at work as it's so filthy, it's disgusting! I just put my oats in a bowl, add boiling water and put a lid on it for a couple of minutes......done. Doesn't look or taste any different to when I used to microwave it!

Maybe I'm being a bit thick here, but, when I first started my c said I couldn't tweak on breakfasts eg one weetabix and one alpen light etc as this contributed to a sts or a gain!

Your consultant was wrong - SW say you can in their FAQs

I had my first bowl of porridge with water today and it was yummy - far more taste & filling than oss - mixed in bit sweetner & chopped banana.

Def on my list of must eats now. Thanks x

I start on SW tomorrow and was wondering what to have for breakfast! My dilema is now solved - porridge it is! I will be making mine with water and adding a little salt and a wee bit milk to cool it down.

I'm drooling already .... :)

PatchworkPuss said:
Your consultant was wrong - SW say you can in their FAQs

Thx patchwork, luckily she left us! Tho I'm going it alone these days, we had 4 c's in 5 months! Great!!!

Going to try and get hold of a new book tho as my membership no longer let's me online now :(

Vitology she probably meant you couldnt when it was 28g+scan bran for example as in you couldnt have the 28g of cereal and only count it as 1/2B.

When its only one food alone making up the healthy extra like in the new books you should be able to split away!

ninnins said:
Vitology she probably meant you couldnt when it was 28g+scan bran for example as in you couldnt have the 28g of cereal and only count it as 1/2B.

When its only one food alone making up the healthy extra like in the new books you should be able to split away!

Think that may be the case ninnins, but I'm sticking to weetabix OR alpen lights when I'm running late with a helping of fruit :)

With regard to the extra philly thing, I remember it being mentioned in the mag and I wrote it up in my old book as a b choice 100g on green. But as you also say its not mentioned in our new books so I wouldnt have it until I had confirmed with my c also

Correct-online 100g extra light philly is listed as a B choice on green not listed as an a choice on any plan even though the light is

You can join without a voucher in January and get free membership saving you 10 pounds so all you pay is the weekly meeting fee of 4.95
My consultant text me this the other day :)

I think the free joining is only if you buy a countdown. Great if you're intending to keep going, but not so great if you just want to get your mitts on the new book.

'Join Slimming World before 28th January and get half price membership. That’s only £5.00 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night! OR get FREE MEMBERSHIP and two free weeks (out of 12) when you buy a 12 week Countdown - a total saving of £19.90!'

The night before I put my porridge oats and milk in the fridge mixed with either a drop of vanilla extract or almond extract then microwave it in the morning. The overnight soak makes it much nicer :)

Correct-online 100g extra light philly is listed as a B choice on green not listed as an a choice on any plan even though the light is

Where? :confused: on green day B - Highest amount listed for any cheese is 85g and i can only see light not extra light

Back