New calorie counter!

Sally Cinnamon

Hello all!
After doing S.W for a few years and losing 3 stone then putting it all back on (grrrr) I am starting from scratch!! Am loving c.c - feel liberated that I'm actually doing it MYSELF and not following a prescribed slimming group where the group leader is 16stone herself!! Not much inspiration eh?! :)
Find this forum VERY inspiring... feel like I've *seen the light* after so many years of feeling a failure trying to follow diet plans only to fall off the wagon every couple of weeks (syns??) - finally realise that's EXACTLY what they want you to feel like so you keep turning up each week and paying £4.50. Simple = eat the right calories that your body needs and you will be at the correct weight. The hard part is doing it!!!! He he. I have 10 stone to lose - currently at 22lbs and counting - aiming for 1500-2000 for the minute.
Good luck everyone, I'm with ya!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Sally

I know what you mean about calorie counting - it is the freedom to choose what you want to eat and to not feel guilty, because if you want a pie and chips, you can have this just as long as you count it in. It is about freedom and choice and there are loads of great people on here who will support you through this.

Wishing you loads of luck

Hello and welcome Sally! If you keep up such a positive attitude you won't go wrong - good luck!

I agree too with you Sally, it's more like a lifestyle change! I think calorie counting works because if you are craving something you can have it and just include the calories like the rose said. And because you are allowing your cravings you have less chance falling off the wagon! Good luck with your journey :)

hiya and welcome!

good luck with your journey - and well done for deciding to pace yourself and set a reasonable goal date instead of expecting it to come off all at once. it doesn't take us a few weeks to put on all our weight, so why should we expect to lose in such a short space of time as well?

we're all friendly and supportive in cc and the more the merrier!

rhuba xx

Hiya Sally,
I had a similar experience with slimming world: I had lost over a stone myself and then went to SW to lose the next stone. I lost it but then put it all back on again last may. Have been fighting since then to get it back off and all in vain, so finally ditched the SW (it was like an addiction even though I wasn't getting the results) and started CC mid July - and so far 7.6lbs - am loving it! can eat what I want as long as I dont go over my cals, whereas with Sw I would have easily been exceeding the syn limit.

Alex

Last edited:
Back