New CD bloke!! Any help, advice & tips?

Dejay

Hi all. I'm a 20-something year old male currently 14 stone. Joined CD on 24/5/11. Wanna be 12.5 - 13 stone. The diet has been ok, am on ss+ after a guy I spoke to lost 10lbs in one week! Been getting sly comments from people. Not nasty, but I hate the attention! I was always a guy who was 12 stone, fit and active but weight piled on once I got in a relationship and found less time for the gym and football. I know 14 stone is not much compared to some, but it affects me the same. I look forward to all posts and meeting fellow CDers and will post my week 1 results on 31/5/11. :)

Hi - you'll find that the weight just flies off! But a word of warning - that 10lb loss needs a bit of back-up - you probably will lose around that in your first week, but if you don't come off the diet in a gradual way (see your CWPC about the details of this), you will suddenly gain most of that 1st week loss back as you need to go through a gradual re-feeding and fat loss to balance the dramatic week 1 loss.

The good news is you could probably lose that 2 stone in 4 weeks or so...but to keep it off you will need to spend another 8 weeks slowly reintroducing food. That's my big tip for people who have less to lose - you may spend much lass time on SS, but you spend proportionately more time making sure it doesn't go straight back on so you must be prepared for that stabilisation process.

Gimme a shout for any advice you need mate.

Hey guys,thanks for the replies. I had a comment after 2 days on ss+ asking if I had lost weight.I was shocked lol. I have been doing well, having grilled chicken and green leaf salad in the eve's. Been around a lot of people eating food today but have resisted well and I have been drinking 2 litres of water a day. I'm nervous to get on the scales on 31/5!

Starting to feel hungrier and a bit lethargic last 2 nights. Belly rumbles alot. Breath kinda smells, but it'snot drastic. Is all this normal??

And what are other signs of ketosis apart from bad breath? Cheers

Dejay said:
And what are other signs of ketosis apart from bad breath? Cheers

Being freezing cold! and not feeling as hungry ;)

Yeah I'm definitely not feeling very hungry. First 3/4 days was hell! And, sorry to be so raw, but I went for a number 2 today, which was great! Was starting to get worried, as I have not been since Tuesday! All seems to be going well! Fingers crossed for my weigh in tomorrow!

Well, went for the weigh in last night and I lost 8lbs in one week! Wow! People already noticing a difference. Very happy! I actually would say I've lost 9lbs, as my home scales indicate when I'm less dressed!

Well done mate.

Good on you, Dejay. Husband is in a very similar situation to you and didn't do quite as well (6); he is facing the snarkiness from others though. Anyone that says guys don't get flack is lying.

Keep it up - you'll be there before you know it.

Good on you, Dejay. Husband is in a very similar situation to you and didn't do quite as well (6); he is facing the snarkiness from others though. Anyone that says guys don't get flack is lying.

Keep it up - you'll be there before you know it.

Guys thanks for all the replies. And yes, guys do get slack and it does affect us. I was starting to get down. All the little sarky comments were getting to me. If your hubby is on here ask him to get in touch and we can buddy up!

Cheers

Hey guys, lost another 2lbs this week!!!!! What about you?

Well done!! Mine's tomorrow, hoping for a 2 like yours! :D

Well done!! Mine's tomorrow, hoping for a 2 like yours! :D

Was dreading it would be a 1, although a loss is a loss anyway! I must admit I did cheat a little tiny bit and slacked on the water on 2 days, so am very happy with the 2lbs loss! People really noticing now. Complete turn around from 2 weeks ago! Being very strict this week, as I am aiming for a 3 at least! Ideally a 4 or more!

Well done and I find out tonight! Will keep you posted! :) x

Oh please do! It's good to encourage one another, no matter what varying goals we have! :)

Back