New chap on here! Beginning of a weight loss success story, fingers crossed!

ciguena46

Hi all,

I am new to this posting and forums lark, but am hoping with your support I will be able to make a success of my LighterLife journey.

First, a bit of background. I come from a family who eat a LOT and I have always struggled with my weight, although photos from my childhood show someone whose weight went up and down like a fiddler's elbow! The problem is compounded by the fact that I have Cerebral Palsy and because of this my mobility is limited, and when I eat I am sure I fail to account for my reduced levels of physical activity. I have just finished my Masters and I'd quite like to look fairly slim for my graduation in July.

I have tried WeightWatchers, home dieting, and now LighterLife and I have to say I was most impressed with the results in four weeks, going from about 14.8 to 13.6 or so. Having been quite poorly with a chest infection since then, I have had rather a large blip and put some of that weight back on. However, I have galvanised myself and have decided to rejoin, because I really enjoyed losing the weight.

I am a very good starter of things, but when it comes to weight loss I always do quite well to begin with and then slip up! I started LL at 14.8, and as I say, got down to about 13.6. I'm quite tall, but don't particularly have a large frame with a lot of muscle, and ideally, I would like to get down to 10.5 stone.

This is what I hope will be the first of several posts charting my weight loss journey, and I would welcome any advice on how to maximise support network on the forum, make weight loss tickers etc.

I look forward to 'meeting' some of you in the coming days/weeks.

Welcome and congratulations on rejoining. This is a fab mini community. Full of support, encouragement and advice especially on your down days. With regards to the tickers, u can set one up on www.tickerfactory.com. Good luck. Xx:-Dxx

Hello there :)
And welcome!

You come across as a very strong person and I'm absolutely convinced you will succeed with LL.
The power truly lies within you!

Good luck :)

Sent from my iPhone 4 using MiniMins

Hi and welcome, I agree with Mags you do sound really positive that you will succeed, I wish you luck!

This is a great place to get support and lucky you bring surrounded by gorgeous ladies all on the same journey as you xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Welcome and good luck! You've come to the best forum for diet support ever!!

Hey Hun and Welcome!!!! i look forward to reading your diary. There is some truly inspirational people on here and you are surrounded by friendship and lots of support xx

Well you def won't give up on this diet. Even the people who have succeeded still stick around for advise and occational support. It's a great plan which you already know and people on here are even better. It's a new addiction for us all. Food isn't in control of us anymore. Look forward to seeing your progress :D

First Meeting Update

Last night I returned to LighterLife for my first meeting, and am happy to report that everyone was as supportive and lovely as I remember them!

I was heartened by the fact that I hadn't put on as much weight as I thought I might, and am 13 st. 13 lbs. 3st. 5lbs to go!

Obviously I started all my packs again today, and I was like a child in a sweet shop when I was choosing them all!

My goal for this first week is 4lbs - but we shall have to wait an see. I am keeping my fingers crossed that going into ketosis the second time around won't be quite as unpleasant as the first.

While I'm here, does anyone know how to make a list of your goals/a ticker appear at the bottom of every post. I have done a ticker but am unsure how to get it to appear every time I post?! Any thoughts appreciated. :D

Good Luck with your LL journey, you should blast that first target!!:welcome2:

H xx

Hello and welcome!

Try ticker factory.com - I think xx

Welcome cig!! This is a fantastic way to gain continuous support through your journey.
I look forward to hearing all about it

Ask xxx

Welcome and good luck on your LL journey,sound like you are a determined person!
Sexy xx

Last night I returned to LighterLife for my first meeting, and am happy to report that everyone was as supportive and lovely as I remember them!

I was heartened by the fact that I hadn't put on as much weight as I thought I might, and am 13 st. 13 lbs. 3st. 5lbs to go!

Obviously I started all my packs again today, and I was like a child in a sweet shop when I was choosing them all!

My goal for this first week is 4lbs - but we shall have to wait an see. I am keeping my fingers crossed that going into ketosis the second time around won't be quite as unpleasant as the first.

While I'm here, does anyone know how to make a list of your goals/a ticker appear at the bottom of every post. I have done a ticker but am unsure how to get it to appear every time I post?! Any thoughts appreciated. :D
Hey, and welcome! :D

You're gonna smash that 4lbs this week, for sure! As others have said, looking forward to following your journey on here... you're gonna reach that goal of your before you know it! :)

Re the ticker, once you've created it, on the final page scroll down, and there is a 'bbCode' which you need to copy and then paste in to your signature on here... To edit your signature to initially add it in, go to 'Use CP' at the top of this page in the blue bit, and on the left are all the areas you fill in... find 'signature', click on it, and paste the bbCode in!

Be sure to bookmark your ticker location, so you can go back in every week and update it! It will then automatically update in your signatre on here... as if by magic! And that's all there is to it! :D

/Sorry if I just made it seem really complicated! Lol... It's really not, honest! ;)

xx

An update on progress!

Apologies for the delay in letting you all know how I got on on Monday! It has been rather a busy work-week.

I had my second weigh-in on Monday evening, and was pleasantly surprised. I had some reservations, as I was a LL returner and I (mistakenly) thought that my body might not like going back into ketosis the second time around, but it was pretty much hassle-fee and I felt fine which is bonus. I was rather dreading feeling grotty at work.

This week I lost 6lbs. Greedily I was rather hoping for more. (I think my attitude towards weight loss is a bit like my old attitude towards food), but I am happy with 6lbs. I keep telling myself it was 6lbs of fat to keep going, and I am looking forward to this week's weigh in as it should be the first time in years I will be able to say I am 12 stone and xx pounds.

I have been keeping up with your diaries to know how you are all getting on and will do a ticker to keep track of my loss so far.

Keep at it, everyone! :)

Well done, onwards and downwards xx

Tonight's weigh-in

Hi all,

Just wanted to let you know that I lost 3 lbs at last night's weigh-in. Less than I had hoped, but it is still a loss! :)

Brilliant, keep it up. Hope you still getting on ok xx

Onwards and downwards that man ... result !

Back