New Chocolate and Porridge coming your way

Hi guys thought I would add my 2 penith worth! I was looking forward to both chocolate and porridge when I started LL, however both were extremely disappointing and therefore have neither now! I tend to stick to what I know with the packs so shakes it is all the way for me with a toffee bar thrown in for good measure! Xx

Do you think you will get bored with only shakes LadyT? And the toffee bar? Mind you, I always have porridge for breakfast because I always did...well when I was behaving and not being ridiculous and having crisp rolls for breakfast!

I tend to just have the vanilla and the chocolate shakes, both of which I stick instant coffee into :D

Hey Deb,
Snap, I also always had porridge for breakfast even before LL, so I have porridge packs for breakfast now. I would welcome a change to the porridge pack if they made it a bit more like porridge texture rather than ground fibre texture.

Hey Deb,
Snap, I also always had porridge for breakfast even before LL, so I have porridge packs for breakfast now. I would welcome a change to the porridge pack if they made it a bit more like porridge texture rather than ground fibre texture.

Yep, I guess it is very fine. It reminds me more of polenta, rather than porridge, but then I also ate polenta for breakfast (with a large spoonful of nutella to sweeten it :eek:)

I was told the Minstrone is the Thai Chili Soup replacement. (Not the Chili Con Carne, to be clear. :))

I had thought the Minestrone was the replacement for the long lost tomato soup?

(n.b. I *hate* the chili con carne.)

The choc shake could be improved re the way it mixes, that's for sure. When at home can blend it in my smoothie maker no probs, but if I need to make it with the shaker when out & about it never mixes well! So take strawberry or vanilla which never leave lumps! :)

Xx

I only eat the shakes; got to admit I don't love the chocolate favour find the banana the best at the mo.

The best chocolate meal pack I have ever had was the Cambridge ready made chocolate it was divine, if they can get it like that I'd be made-up!

Ready made shakes would be really handy to have esp. as I don't like the bars.

The chocolate one doesn't mix well but taste is OK.

I don't like the porridge at the moment. Which is a real shame as I used to have porridge for breakfast and I like to keep to similar meals as I would have with conventional food, eg one day could be porridge / soup / chilli / bar. There's just something strange tasting about the porridge at the moment.

Right now I have a shake for breakfast - but I would much rather eat porridge.

I don't really eat chocolate so the shake has never been a fave. I do like the porridge but it would be good if they brought it out in more flavours (i miss the CD apple and cinnamon porridge and the maple and pecan porridge!!)

They redid the chilli con carne i think recently so i tried it again but ... ugh ... still don't like it. Also don't like the minestrone and didn't like the tomato - i think it's because they have to add the right vits, minerals and content but i wish they could make soups that tasted more "normal" if you know what i mean! I used to love the thai soup and lived on it last time round - really miss it!

we were discussing a special xmas dinner pack with our councellor the other day, id be soo impressed if they could do that!!

it would be the most miserable xmas dinner ever! :)

I agree with whoever said about getting cartons of ready made shakes - they were sooooooo handy when on CD, and delicious! I think they should share suppliers, and just be done with it!! Hahaha!!! I also loved that they had such a huge variety of flavours! My faves were choc mint, and toffee & walnut, both of which i had as shakes and mousses!!!
I am also sad to hear thai chilli has gone- i survived on that last time round, and always wanted to try raspberry but missed it by a few weeks...grrrr!!

I'm sure the revamps will be fine, though will have to try them, just in case, i never much liked the porridge before, so we'll see!!

Mrs B, the Thai Chili was my favourite too!!! I cant believe they got rid of, it was so popular!!!

The Raspberry was lush, again - why they took it away boggles.

There are so many soup now they need some new shake falvours, but additional, not instead of!!

Trying to imagine a xmas pack!! lol
x

I'm not sure i can BL!!! So long as it doesn't taste of sprouts i guess it's be ok!! Hahahahahaha!!!! xxxxx

I wouldn't be interested in a Xmas pack - there's no point trying to create a substitute for that sort of meal! (Plus I can only imagine it'd have the consistency of the shepherd's pie, which I can't stand. Yuck!)

Back