New & Confused

Hoping someone can help as starting tomorrow and a little confused!

I've been given my protein intake from my instructor and the fact that I should have 2 shakes, 2 protein based healthy snacks and a 500cal dinner to reach my target protein intake but I don't think I totally understand the whole thing when planning my first day. My theory for the day was:

Breakfast - Vanilla shake with soya milk 17g protein
Snack- Danone high protein yougurt 13 g protein
Lunch - Same as breakfast
Snack - Wholemeal crackers and philly light
Dinner - Chicken breasts (76.8g protein 340 cal), New potatoes (3.6g protein 160 cal) with veg.

Thats taking my protein way over the 81, I take it this is bad? Should I then substitute chicken for some more potatoes to reduce the protein but maintain the 500 cal??

Sorry for the long post but want to get this right.

Thanks in advance

Personally I wouldn't worry about the numbers too much. I was never even given any by my distributor and lost weight. However if you're going to reduce protein I'd replace it with extra veg not potato. Potato is if very little nutritional benefit to you.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I too picked up my shakes tonight and shall be starting tomorrow...very excited as have heard great things about it but no idea what I'm going to have for my evening meals lol xx

Your meal around. 500 should be fine. Each shake is around 230 ish I think so if you have two shakes. Your dinner and two 100 cal snacks then you're having around 1200 cals which is great.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hiya hope you don't mind me hate crashing your thread...just wanted to check how you were doing as I started Monday this week so think we jumped on board at the same time? Xx

Re: New & Confused

Hiya,

Ive been doing fine so far actually, not felt hungry which is great! Ive had a terrible headache though but today seems to be the first its fading!

How are you getting on?

X

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Not too bad...fighting with myself of an evening as that's clearly when I sat and ate everything I could get my hands on lol
Telling myself that a family bar of cadburys caramel is intact not healthy at all is quite tricky :)

Managing to drinking between 6-8 pints if water a day which is killing me but I'm getting into a nice routine with it now and hopefully the need to pee so much will die down haha

Things we do hey!! Xx

Hi, ok I did the diet a few years ago and lost 3 stone in about 7 months. I kept up with herbalife for a few more years until i got bored of it.

Basically what i did, was

1 shake for breakfast and 1 for lunch using about 150ml semi skimmed and 100ml water (my instructor advised me on this)

A protein bar for mis morn and afternoon or a yoghurt/ fruit or something

A healthy dinner. I was never given any cals that it needed to be. Just something nicce and healthy, so it could have been spaghetti, curry, etc

If i was still hungry later then sometimes i would be allowed a smaller shake but only sometimes

Back